• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cygnia

• Logan D. Hurricanes

• Cancer

• SteveZilla

Re: "Neat" Pictures

What all did you tear apart to build those' date=' bill?[/quote']

Most of the parts are just junk from my bitz box. Let's see if I can remember...

The one on the left that's looking at the camera:

• The main body is a round wooden ball. Not sure where that came from.
  • The "power plant" on the back is two empty CO2 cartridges glued together, with a small straw (cut to pieces) forming the smoke stacks.
  • The "mouth" is a watch battery.
  • The eyes are just some googly eyes.
  • The legs are from a cheapy plastic robot. Probably got him in a Happy Meal or something.
  • The right arm... not sure what that is. I think it's a piece from a WH40K Imperial Guard WarWalker.
  • The left arm is from a Transformers (the movie) toy. I think it's Frenzy's.
  • The antennae are... let's see... one of them is one of those stud holders you drive into the drywall so your screws don't come loose. Not sure what the other one is. Some kind of metal bit.

The guy in the middle with three eyes:

• The main body is one of those plastic "bubbles" that you get from a vending machine when you buy a "Homiez" toy or something like that.
  • The legs are Frenzy's legs.
  • The eyes are googly eyes.
  • The right arm is from that other cheapy robot.
  • The left arm is a bunch of different-sized straws, with a large screw on the end to make the "drill". I forget how I attached it to the body; some kind of unidentifiable metal bit.
  • The "mouth" is made from pieces of a cheap clock I disassembled. Same with one of the antennae.
  • The other antenna is another drywall stud holder.

The spider-legged train:

• The train part of the body is a small wooden train I found somewhere. I took the wheels off and repainted it.
  • The legs are from a Reaper Miniatures Giant Scorpion.
  • The "eye" is a watch battery. I think I need to give him a googly eye, too. :think:
  • The lamps are Christmas light bulbs.
  • The big gear-looking thingy on top is a gear from... someplace. Not sure where I got that. I don't think it was part of the clock I disassembled, but maybe.

I've got a few more ideas. I might end up disassembling that watch and making a Dingbot out of it, too.