The Ultimate Steve Long

fredrik_nilsson

LOL. I'm not sure even I could write enough useful material about me to make a whole book. ;) Heck' date=' I could probably build me on less than 50 points. ;)[/quote'] What do you say; anyone dares take up the challenge?

To avoid questions regarding the 50 Character Points, we could say that Mr. Long is a Skilled Normal (25 + 25 Character Points). That would make him a writer just below the level required for the Nobel Prize in literature.

I’m sorry Steve, but few RPG writers has received that prize. :weep:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The Ultimate Steve Long

When Steve posted that, I'd joked that I wanted to see the 50-point, 100-point, 150-point, 250-point, 350-point, 500-point, 1000-point, 1500-point, 2500-point, 5000-point and 8837-point versions of Steve Long. I see you've started at the low end. Anyone want to try for the high?

;)

When Steve posted that, I'd joked that I wanted to see the 50-point, 100-point, 150-point, 250-point, 350-point, 500-point, 1000-point, 1500-point, 2500-point, 5000-point and 8837-point versions of Steve Long. I see you've started at the low end. Anyone want to try for the high?

;)

I had a vague memory of you being involved in this, but I must admit that I was too lazy to search the entire thread. :yes:

Yes, I can give this a try at the lowest level. If the thread is alive after that, we can give him more points. We only have 25 Disadvantage points to spend, so we might as well start there:

Distinctive Features: No Beard

I don't know why, but RPG gurus have beards. It might be some cross-mutation. You either have a beard and a talent for RPG writings, or you lack both. Darren has it. Bob Greenwade, Keith Curtis, Monte Cook, Steve Jackson and Kevin Siembieda... they all wear beards! The list goes on, and on. Yet, this guy lacks a beard and still produces books. What is he hiding?

Distinctive Features: No Beard (Easily Concealed [by wearing a fake beard]; Noticed and Recognizable) Worth 5 Points

DNPC: Game Creator Groupie Of The Week

There got to be RPG writer groupies (of both sexes). Just look how glad every writer looks at each photography.

DNPC: Game Creator Groupie Of The Week 8- Worth 10 Points

Hunted: Hero System Fanboys

They seek him here. They seek him there. Those fanboys seek him everywhere. Is he in Heaven? Or is he in Hell? That damned, illusive, Mr. Long.

Hunted: Hero System Fanboys 11- (Less Powerful, NCI, Watching) Worth 5 Points

Physical Limitation: Wears Glasses

I know I've seen the write up for this some where, but I can't find it.

Physical Limitation: Wears Glasses

I know I've seen the write up for this some where, but I can't find it.

I was able to find Nearsighted and Farsighted as being Physical, Infreq, Greatly (10pts). Needs reading glasses is Physical, Infrequently, Slightly (5pts)*

*Master List of Limitations.

Hunted: Hero System Fanboys

They seek him here. They seek him there. Those fanboys seek him everywhere. Is he in Heaven? Or is he in Hell? That damned, illusive, Mr. Long.

Hunted: Hero System Fanboys 11- (Less Powerful, NCI, Watching) Worth 5 Points

What about Followers? I'm certainly thinking that regular DH writers should be classed as this. And possibly anyone who maintains a Hero-related website.

You forgot some abilities...

KS: Hero Rules 18-

Create Large Manuscript Really Fast (+1 Speed, Only For Completing Manuscripts, RSR: PS: Game Designer)

and one disad...

PL: Secretly Manipulated By Osiris (i.e. his cat)

IIRC from seeing Monte Cook at Origins' date=' he currently doesn't have a beard. I think he's rarely had one during the time I've known him, but the gods know I haven't exactly been paying much attention. ;)[/quote']

I guess you know him better then me, since I've never seen him in person. However, at all the pictures of him at his home page, he has this pseudo-beard.

I was able to find Nearsighted and Farsighted as being Physical, Infreq, Greatly (10pts). Needs reading glasses is Physical, Infrequently, Slightly (5pts)*

*Master List of Limitations.

5 pts. should be enough. We don't want him too flawed.

What about Followers? I'm certainly thinking that regular DH writers should be classed as this. And possibly anyone who maintains a Hero-related website.

You're absolutely right!

You forgot some abilities...

KS: Hero Rules 18-

Create Large Manuscript Really Fast (+1 Speed, Only For Completing Manuscripts, RSR: PS: Game Designer)

and one disad...

PL: Secretly Manipulated By Osiris (i.e. his cat)

I had this idea of building his fingers as slavishly loyal Followers, like the steel tentacles in G&G.

I thought of buying Osiris as a DNPC, but I ran out of points to spend on disadvantages.

;)

Have you seen Darren's profile? If we make Steve too impressive, we might end up with Darren... Longetivity and stuff... :confused:

I think you mean elusive. "Illusive" implies that he isn't really there (rather like a couple of members of the Flashmen' date=' from [i']Allies[/i]) -- though there may be something to that idea, at that. ;)

Too be honest it's a quote from The Scarlet Pimpernel.

I just copied the quote from IMDB, because I was too lazy to write it down myself. I didn’t even bother to check the spelling. It’s so humiliating...

… and on top of this, it’s a laundry day. :weep: