Oil slick

tkdguy

Re: Oil slick

Well' date=' right off the bat I would say a Change Environment that gives a -1 to Combat Drive rolls (and requires a Breakfall roll for runners at -1) per level of effect on the Change Environment.[/quote']

Exactly what I was thinking, of course this being Hero...

Outrun I: Drain 4d6 Running, Area of Effect (Radius, +1), Ranged (+½), (100 Active Points); 1 Continuing Charge (5 Min, -¼) (80 Real Points)

Cause Crash: Energy Blast (40 Active Points); 1 Charge (-2), Side Effects (Damages Environment, -0) (13 Real Points)¹

Outrun II: Entangle 6d6, Takes No Damage From Attacks (+½), Area of Effect (Radius, +1) (150 Active Points) Cannot Form Barriers (-¼), Set Effect (Feet or Wheels Only, -1), 1 Continuing Charge (5 Min, -¼) (60 Real Points)

Outrun III: Suppres 4d6 Running Area of Effect (Radius, +1), Ranged (+½), (100 Active Points); 1 Continuing Charge (5 Min, -¼) (80 Real Points)

¹ Add Area of Effect if you want to cause multiple pursuers to crash.

Change environment is the way to go, but (as someone once said...), this being HERO:

Running (+10") 20 points

Useable as attack (+1)

Area effect (+1)

Personal immunity (+1/4)

Active points 65

Uncontrolled (-1) - can determine when and where attacks but not effect

1 continuing charge, 5 minutes (-1/4)

Real points 29

This would mean that you can use up to 10" of running on a target, but only to effect it as an oil slick would: generally it will slide over the area: the 10" running is used, in effect, to neutralise any manouvre attempted by the target - steering, accelerating or decelerating are virtually ineffective in the slick. If something is not moving it will find it very slow or impossible

The personal immunity is there instead of ranged - it allows you to drop the oil behind you and drive out - otherwise you'd get stuck in your own slick!

These are neat ideas. I'd probably just use Change Environment though. but... this being Hero...

Well, damn.. all the good ideas have been said already. I'll just have to go with some wacky ones.

TK Only To Grab & Throw, Only Affects Targets Touching The Ground

Desolidification UAA, Only Versus The Ground

Flash Touch Group Only Versus Wheeled Vehicles

and the obligatory...

Transform (road into "innappropriate surface")