More space news!

tkdguy

Speaking of Mars, a proposed project to colonize the Red Planet didn't get as many applicants as they expected (kind of like the America's Cup ;) )

LINK

So, uhm, I have a plan to colonise Alpha Centauri by 2020. And for a mere $10 billion (I prefer CAD, but am flexible), you can be a member of the first colonising team! If I get the full generation ship complement of 10,000 people.

If not, I promise to spend all the money I do get on Alpha-Centauri-colonising activities.

For example, the personalised license plate on my Lamborghini will read "Colonise Alpha Centauri now!" Unless that license is taken already. Do you think it's taken already?

So, yeah, that could be a problem with that particular example. I know that I could get a t-shirt or a lapel pin with those slogans, but I don't usually wear t-shirts in public, and I find that lapel pins tend to come loose of their clasp and stick me. So let's just say that I'm working on specific examples of how I will promote the colonisation of Alpha Centauri with your money, and leave it at that.

For keeps this time?

voyager_1.png

Title:

So far Voyager 1 has 'left the Solar System' by passing through the termination shock three times, the heliopause twice, and once each through the heliosheath, heliosphere, heliodrome, auroral discontinuity, Heaviside layer, trans-Neptunian panic zone, magnetogap, US Census Bureau Solar System statistical boundary, Kuiper gauntlet, Oort void, and crystal sphere holding the fixed stars.

I like XKCD. :yes: