NGD Scenes from a Hat

Hermit

Re: NGD Scenes from a Hat

NT: More subtle signs that your child's kindergarten teacher is out of her mind.

"Here's a new song for us to learn today. The first line is, 'Ph'nglui Mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.'"

NT: More subtle signs that your child's kindergarten teacher is out of her mind.

Uh, she's teaching kindergarten. On purpose. The very definition of insanity, if you ask me. (Of course, I teach teenagers on purpose, so you never know.)

New Topic: Henry Pym has just been elected President of the United States! His first official act in office is:

New Topic: Henry Pym has just been elected President of the United States! His first official act in office is:

Outlaw exterminators.

NT: Subtle signs the exterminator you hired to clear out the cockroaches in your house is out of his mind. (Difficulty: no Dalek jokes)

NT: Subtle signs the exterminator you hired to clear out the cockroaches in your house is out of his mind. (Difficulty: no Dalek jokes)

"Spiders. Spiders are the cockroach's natural enemy. They're the prefect predator. They'll take care of that cockroach problems for ya. Five or six hundred oughtta do. We can have 'em in here tonight before suppertime."

"Nuking it from orbit is the only way to be sure, of course, and that's not in your budget anyway from what you tell me. On the other hand, I can have the place hit with a ton and a half of thermite-napalm-arsine mix that'll clean it all out."

NT: Things Cancer would rather do than grade lab reports. Hint: It's a really low hurdle.

Slam his fingers in a door -- again and again and again and again!

"...then spend, One More Minute, with you..."

NT: Things Cancer would rather do than grade lab reports. Hint: It's a really low hurdle.

Argue politics, religion, gun control, and dropping COM and Figured Characteristics on the NGD boards. Simultaneously.

Grade Essay Exams.

[off topic] :think: Actually ... it's close. Depends on the exam, and how many of each there are. When I teach 101, I give essay exams, so there have been times when I have had to do both at the end of the term. I usually choose to do the exams first. Not always, though.

[on-topic] Look for a new job. :straight:

NT: Team names so outrageous that you won't, in fact, find them here in US. Warning: I have been on the campuses of schools whose teams were "Ramblers", "Anteaters", "Banana Slugs", and "Geoducks" (and two of those have at one time gone deep in the NCAA basketball tournament), so you may have to reach further than you would initially guess.

NT: Team names so outrageous that you won't' date=' in fact, find them here in US. Warning: I have been on the campuses of schools whose teams were "Ramblers", "Anteaters", "Banana Slugs", and "Geoducks" (and two of those have at one time gone deep in the NCAA basketball tournament), so you may have to reach further than you would initially guess.[/quote']

The University of Phoenix Bankrupts. Won't be used, of course, because it is overly descriptive of the fate of most U-of-Phoenix alumni.

[off topic] NT: Team names so outrageous that you won't' date=' in fact, find them here in US. Warning: I have been on the campuses of schools whose teams were "Ramblers", "Anteaters", "Banana Slugs", and "Geoducks" (and two of those have at one time gone deep in the NCAA basketball tournament), so you may have to reach further than you would initially guess.[/quote']

The University of Aruba Syphilitic Conquistadors. (They wanted a name that would inspire fear in the locals.) The University of Aruba - Where knowledge is king and clothing is optional!

New Topic: Unforeseen consequences of Eurostar fighting VIPER in your home town.

The University of Aruba Syphilitic Conquistadors. (They wanted a name that would inspire fear in the locals.) The University of Aruba - Where knowledge is king and clothing is optional!

New Topic: Unforeseen consequences of Eurostar fighting VIPER in your home town.

(Using Detroit as my childhood home town, though I grew up in the suburbs) Both sides get mugged and all of their foci get stolen.

(Using Dexter as my curren home town) The little old ladies from church harangue Fiacho and the VIPER Nest Leader, getting them to not only stop fighting but to also volunteer to work at the Easter Breakfast.