Arabian Nights

Guest The Comet

Guest The Comet

Hello folks. I'm in the process of designing an Arabian Knights style campaingn and could use your help with examples of weapons and their descriptions for this setting. Names for swords, ie scimitar, bows, polearms and such. Something that would help to convey an aura of authenticity.

Re: Arabian Nights

Back in the 1st/2nd Edition of AD&D TSR released a campaign setting Al Qadin? Something like that anyway. I actually thought they had done a good job and I liked the setting.

Of course, my knowledge of that general culture is rather thin. I know what I've picked up from popular media and some light reading. These days you should be able to pick it up off of EBay for a steal.

You can get damn near anything TSR ever put out (as long as it's 1st or 2nd Ed) at http://www.rpgnow.com for about $5 each.

There are a couple of Al Qadim things online for free, too (although if you really want to pay for them, I think they're on rpgnow as well).

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/downloads

Whether or not you use any of the material as is, there's bound to be at least a few things you can lift, like weapon names or names of musical instruments.

So please give D&D some credit - it deserves it. :)

Without getting drawn too deeply into the D&D argument, D&D has earned its place in history. I'm unconvinced it's earned its place on the modern gaming table.

Was this really the thread you meant to post to? It seems like you're referencing some other thread....

Check out my [Compilation] "to Fantasy HERO Adaptations and Conversions" the Link is on my Sig.

There are a few Arabian Knights style setting and Wikipedia is a good resource. You might be interested in Tekumel: Empire of the Petal Throne which was released in December by Guardians of Order.

Cheers

QM

Check out my [Compilation] "to Fantasy HERO Adaptations and Conversions" the Link is on my Sig.

There are a few Arabian Knights style setting and Wikipedia is a good resource. You might be interested in Tekumel: Empire of the Petal Throne which was released in December by Guardians of Order.

Cheers

QM

Nani? Tekumel has got nothing to do with Arabian nights: it's more Aztec/precolumbian-inspired.

OTOH, it's a truly great setting, with a devoted and slightly cultish fan base, which generates a ton o' useful stuff.

cheers, Mark