The New Circle

OddHat

Re: The New Circle

Oh, right, I forgot!

Csyphrett, you lazy dog, get to work! While you're at it, I have several notes from games that still need to be turned into proper narratives, I''ll be emailing them shortly, get to it! :D

Now that would be precious. Go ahead and send them, Z. It might give me ideas down the road.

CES

The village of Kowoon sits in a small extradimensional plane. It was not always like this. Kowoon was once a chinese village that had grown up near a shaolin temple. When bandits threatened the village, the monks fought them back. Again and again the act was repeated until one day the head Monk and Nun of the temple (the temple was unique in that men and women trained in the same area, though never together) beseached the villagers to send their oldest children to the temple for training. That generation of children became mighty warriors as well as farmers. A few left. Most stayed and raised their own families. They sent their children to the temple for training. Those who left all returned. Some with families, some with students. One with a small group of magicians. The magicians sought peace and and tranquility for their studies but also desired to train their bodies and minds in the disciplined arts of the more esoteric chinese martial arts.

The village grew. From 400 to 600. A large group of bandits fell upon the Kowoon and were slaughtered save for one man who was sent away to warn the other bandits of what would happen should Kowoon fall under attack again.

For centuries the small village prospered. Magicians, martial artists, and the occasional farmer came to study at the temple or at the lodge (where the wizards studied their magic). Kowoon became something of a legendary city, not quite on the level of Shambala, but a place for learning and a safe haven against evil.

When the communists took over China and began hunting down those who believed in arts not condoned by the state, the elders of Kowoon began to plan. By the time the Red Army had tracked the legendary little village down, they found only empty land.

Kowoon still beckons to those seeking wisdom, skill, magic, and farming. It is said that eveyone in Kowoon, from the youngest child to the oldest grandparent knows enough Kung fu or other martial art or magic to defeat several men in the prime of their lives. But this is only a rumor, isn't it?

Some of the younger villagers leave Kowoon to explore the world on their own. Many of these men and women have become heroes to the peoples of China and the world. One became a horrifying assassin. His youngest brother became the Boxer; possibly the worlds greatest fighters. One day these two will meet. Only one will walk away.

Re: The New CircleHe's a tad over the top...The BoxerVal Char Cost Roll Notes25 STR 15 14- Lift 800.0kg; 5d6 [2]30 DEX 60 15- OCV: 10/DCV: 1025 CON 30 14-20 BODY 20 13-15 INT 5 12- PER Roll 16-18 EGO 16 13- ECV: 625 PRE 15 14- PRE Attack: 5d620 COM 5 13-15 PD 10 Total: 15 PD (8 rPD)15 ED 10 Total: 15 ED (8 rED)7 SPD 30 Phases: 2, 4, 6, 7, 9, 11, 1210 REC 050 END 050 STUN 4 Total Characteristic Cost: 220Movement: Running: 11"/22" Flight: 6"/6" Leaping: 19"/38" Swimming: 4"/8"Cost Powers END30 Arcane Lore and Tricks: Variable Power Pool (Magic Pool), 20 base + 10 control cost, (30 Active Points)225 Martial Arts Wizardry: Variable Power Pool (Martial Arts Powers/Ch'i Powers), 150 base + 75 control cost, (225 Active Points)0 1) Ch'i Fireball: EB 12d6 (60 Active Points); Gestures (Requires both hands; -1/2), Reduced By Range (-1/4) Real Cost: 34 60 2) Ch'i Healing: Healing BODY 4d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (60 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Hour, -3), OAF (medicinal compounds; -1), Others Only (-1/2), Requires A KS: Chinese Healing Roll (-1/4), Does not heal broken bones or similar severe injuries (-1/4) Real Cost: 100 3) Ch'i Lightburst: Sight Group Flash 6d6, Explosion (+1/2) (45 Active Points); Requires A Martial Arts Tricks Roll (-1/2) Real Cost: 30 40 4) Deactivation Strike: Entangle 4d6, 4 DEF, Takes No Damage From Attacks Limited Group (+1/4), Invisible to Sight Group (+1/2) (70 Active Points); Cannot Form Barriers (-1/4), Susceptible Uncommon (Can be immediatly be broken another character touches a victim and makes a sucessful KS: Chinese Healing Roll; -1/4) Real Cost: 47 70 5) Flaming Kick/Punch: EB 6d6 (30 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), Linked to STR (Assuming STR less than 30; -1/4) Real Cost: 17 30 6) Flow Restoration: Aid END or STUN 6d6, any END or STUN power one at a time (+1/4) (75 Active Points); Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2), Others Only (-1/2), Only Restores to Starting Values (-1/2), Target must have reachable pressure points (-1/2), Gestures (Must touch Pressure Points; -1/4) Real Cost: 230 7) Hiragoyoshi's Waltzing Butterfly: Hand-To-Hand Attack +5d6, No Normal Defense (Rigid rPD Defense of Vital Areas; +1) (50 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), Only works vs Humans (-1/2) Real Cost: 25 50 8) Lightning Aura: HKA 1d6+1, Armor Piercing (+1/2), Damage Shield (+1/2), Continuous (+1) (60 Active Points); No STR Bonus (-1/2) Real Cost: 40 60 9) Pao-Yeh-Pao-Lo-Mi Fist: EB 6d6, Autofire (5 shots; +1/2) (45 Active Points); Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2), Gestures (-1/4), Incantations (-1/4) Real Cost: 22 40 10) Swirling Dust Cloud: Darkness to Sight Group 3" radius, Personal Immunity (+1/4) (37 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), Only in sandy/dusty areas (-1/2), Does not work in High Winds or Rain (-1/4) Real Cost: 16 40 11) The Catapaulting Blow of Loc Sun Pak: Hand-To-Hand Attack +6d6, Double Knockback (+3/4) (52 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) Real Cost: 35 50 12) The First Hand of the Phoenix: Hand-To-Hand Attack +5d6, Indirect (Same origin, always fired away from attacker; +1/4), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (37 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), No Knockback (-1/4) Real Cost: 21 10 13) The Fist of the Five Warriors: Hand-To-Hand Attack +5d6, Autofire (5 shots; +1/2), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/2) (50 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), May only be used on a single target (-1/4), No Knockback (-1/4) Real Cost: 25 20 14) The Power of Positive Ch'i: Dispel Ch'i Powers 16d6, any Ch'i power one at a time (+1/4) (60 Active Points); No Range (-1/2) Real Cost: 40 60 15) The Seven Strikes of Serenity: Entangle 5d6, 5 DEF, Takes No Damage From Attacks All Attacks (+1/2) (75 Active Points); 4 Charges (-1), No Range (-1/2), Activation Roll 14- (-1/2), Only works vs Humans (-1/2), Cannot be used on the same target more than once per hour (-1/2), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) Real Cost: 18 70 16) The Sublime Whirlwind of Cheng-Hwan: Hand-To-Hand Attack +5d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Personal Immunity (+1/4), Area Of Effect (2" radius; +3/4) (56 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) Real Cost: 37 20 17) The Sword Breaking Blow of Xu Peng: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2d6 (3d6 w/STR), Penetrating (+1/2) (45 Active Points); Only works on Weapons (-1), Increased Endurance Cost (x3 END; -1), Requires A Weaponsmith Skill Roll (-1/2), No Knockback (-1/4) Real Cost: 12 120 18) Wave Motion Blast: EB 20d6 (100 Active Points); Extra Time (Extra Phase, -3/4), Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2), Gestures (-1/4), Cannot be bounced (-1/4) Real Cost: 36 20 Martial Arts Abilities12 1) Acute Senses: +4 PER with all Sense Groups17 2) Biophysical Control: Life Support (Extended Breathing: 1 END per Turn; Immunity: All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents; Longevity: 400 Years; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum)32 3) Ch'i Sight: Spatial Awareness (Unusual Group), Discriminatory, Analyze19 4) Cloud Walking Steps: Leaping +14" (19" forward, 9 1/2" upward) (Accurate) 28 5) Iron Mind: Mental Defense (12 points total)8 6) Iron Skin: Damage Resistance (8 PD/8 ED)7 7) Rooted: Knockback Resistance -8" (16 Active Points); Costs Endurance (-1/2), Requires A Ch'i Powers Roll (-1/2), Nonpersistent (-1/4) 22 8) Strong Swimmer: Swimming +2" (4" total) 17 9) Superior Balance: Flight 6" (12 Active Points); Only along reasonably horizontal surfaces (-1/2), no Noncombat movement (-1/4) 110 10) Swiftness: Running +5" (11" total) 127 11) The Unfolding Lotus Blossom: (Total: 62 Active Cost, 27 Real Cost) Force Wall (12 PD), Hardened (+1/4), Transparent to [no types selected] (52 Active Points); Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2), Activation Roll 14- (-1/2), No Range (-1/2), Self Only (-1/2) (Real Cost: 17) plus Defense Maneuver I-IV (Real Cost: 10) 512 12) The Wall of the Heavenly Palace: Power Defense (18 points) (18 Active Points); Costs Endurance (-1/2) 27 13) Tough In a Fight: Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 25% (15 Active Points); STUN Only (-1/2), Nonpersistent (-1/4), Hand to Hand Combat Only (-1/4)Perks5 Fringe Benefit: Accredited Instructor, Black Belt, Membership: Kowoon Village8 Reputation: Greatest Fighter in the World? (A medium-sized group) 14-, +4/+4d620 Contacts with fighters around the worldTalents15 Supreme Reflexes: Lightning Reflexes: +10 DEX to act first with All Actions3 Bump Of Direction6 Combat Luck (3 PD/3 ED)27 Danger Sense (self only, any danger, Function as a Sense) 12-3 Lightsleep2 Trackless StrideSkills9 Arcane Spells: Spell: Magic Skill use 15-17 Ch'i Powers: Power: Martial Arts Mastery 20-80 Combat Mastery: +10 with All Combat3 Farmer: Animal Handler (Birds, Bovines) 14-3 Acrobatics 15-11 Analyze: Style 16-3 Breakfall 15-3 Climbing 15-3 Contortionist 15-3 Disguise 12-3 Linguist0 1) Language: Cantonese (idiomatic) (4 Active Points)3 2) Language: English (idiomatic) (4 Active Points)1 3) Language: Greek (fluent conversation) (2 Active Points)2 4) Language: Hindustani (completely fluent) (3 Active Points)2 5) Language: Japanese (completely fluent) (3 Active Points)3 6) Language: Korean (idiomatic) (4 Active Points)2 7) Language: Mandarin (completely fluent) (3 Active Points)1 8) Language: Mongol (basic conversation)2 9) Language: Thai (completely fluent) (3 Active Points)2 10) Language: Vietnamese (completely fluent) (3 Active Points)3 Lockpicking 15-4 PS: Martial Arts Instructor 13-3 Paramedics 12-3 Scholar1 1) KS: Aikido (2 Active Points) 11-1 2) KS: Arcane And Occult Lore (2 Active Points) 11-1 3) KS: Bando (2 Active Points) 11-1 4) KS: Bersilat (2 Active Points) 11-1 5) KS: Chinese Healing (2 Active Points) 11-1 6) KS: Dragons (2 Active Points) 11-1 7) KS: Escrima (2 Active Points) 11-1 8) KS: Flora And Fauna (2 Active Points) 11-1 9) KS: Judo (2 Active Points) 11-1 10) KS: Karate (2 Active Points) 11-1 11) KS: Kenjutsu (2 Active Points) 11-1 12) KS: Kung Fu (2 Active Points) 11-1 13) KS: Legends And Lore (2 Active Points) 11-1 14) KS: Muay Thai (2 Active Points) 11-1 15) KS: Pakkua (2 Active Points) 11-1 16) KS: Pankration (2 Active Points) 11-1 17) KS: Penjak Silat (2 Active Points) 11-1 18) KS: Tae Kwon Do (2 Active Points) 11-1 19) KS: Tai Ch'i Chuan (2 Active Points) 11-1 20) KS: Taijutsu (2 Active Points) 11-1 21) KS: The Martial World (2 Active Points) 11-1 22) KS: Vao Van Do (2 Active Points) 11-3 Security Systems 12-3 Shadowing 12-3 Sleight Of Hand 15-3 Stealth 15-4 Survival (Mountain, Urban) 12-3 Teamwork 15-3 Tracking 12-9 WF: Common Martial Arts Melee Weapons, Common Melee Weapons, Common Missile Weapons, Hook Sword, Off Hand, Three-Section StaffTotal Powers & Skill Cost: 734Total Cost: 954200+ Disadvantages10 Dependent NPC: Danae Whittemore (Student/Romantic Interest) 8- (Normal)5 Distinctive Features: Incredible Ch'i Energy (Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable Only By Unusual Senses)20 Hunted: Criminal Organization 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)10 Hunted: Random Assassins/Wannabe FIghting Legends 11- (Less Pow, Harshly Punish)15 Hunted: The Death Saint (his Brother) 11- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)10 Hunted: True Rivals 8- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)20 Psychological Limitation: Honorable (Common, Total)20 Psychological Limitation: Knight errant; helps the weak against the strong. Protector of the innocent (Common, Total)15 Psychological Limitation: Seeks to redeem family honor by defeating his brother (Common, Strong)20 Reputation: World Class Fighter, 14- (Extreme)609 Experience PointsTotal Disadvantage Points: 954Background/History: See Post for KowoonPersonality/Motivation: Hae-Jin is determined to bring his brother to justice. He also seeks to right wrongs and help the innocent. He has found a lot of satisfaction working with heroes from time to time. His arcane skills are mostly to allow him to go after supernatural monsters. His studies as a magician have yielded far lesser results as his studies as a warrior. This doesn't mean they are useless however. He is very interested in Danae romantically; however, he has almost no experience with courting or romance and tends to come off as polite but aloof to her. Quote: "This man is under my charge. I urge you to reconsider your attack."

"As my friend Night Hunter might say: 'Don't make me open a can of Seven Strikes of Serenity on your hindquarters!'"

Powers/Tactics: You want martial arts? You got them. The Boxer knows a lot of styles, he studies others constantly and one day hopes to learn them all. His supernatural abilities are due to his tremendous Ch'i control. Although he's still quite young his potential is awesome. Campaign Use: Sparring partner for the Jade Tiger? Appearance: A tall young man of chinese-korean nationality. He has a lean, tremendously muscular physique, he works out constantly. His standard costume is a white body suit with a black jacket with half sleeves. The jacket has a golden tiger on the back and a silver dragon on the front. (It was a gift from Night Hunter. He wears black "ninja" booties. Around his wais is a red sash with golden oxen embroidered at the ends.

I went a little overboard.

Perhaps a smaller VPP and some actual martial arts? I dunno. I was tempted just to make a brick with the SFX martial artist mofo.

I think he would make mincemeat out of most start up heroes he came across, perhaps most published heroes and villains. That's exactly where you would want a Karate Kid to be.

"Meet the fist of the five warriors, Dr. Destroyer."

CES

"What's that sound, Butch?," said a shabby man in a pulled down hat. "It sounds like frogs croaking."

"Shut it, Joe," said Butch, similarly attired. "I'm getting ready to blow the safe here."

"Yeah, Joe," said a voice like gravel rubbing together. "Shut it. The man's trying to concentrate there."

Joe and Butch turned to look over their shoulders. The owner of the weird voice stood across the room. His looks were as bad as his speech.

The first thing was that his head was a round ball with no hair, a wide slit for a mouth, two dinner plate eyes. His body was a barrel, but bent over from what looked like a hump in the middle of his wide shoulders. His waist was narrow, leading to long legs with inhumanly wide feet.

His clothes were green seaweed things, a ragged vest, pants, and toeless boots. They smelled like stagnant water.

"Allow me to guess," said the frog wonder. "You guys aren't supposed to be here either."

Butch went for his gun, tucked in the waistband of his trousers. Joe ran for the door. It was the difference between the two that prompted their reactions. Neither move helped them.

The Croaker crossed the space in one bound, smashing Butch into the wall with his powerful legs. The mastermind slumped to the floor from the drop kick. The frog man rebounded from the safe cracker, catching the other man by the scruff of his neck before he had taken three steps. Joe smashed through the drywall with his forehead, and into the other room beyond.

The Croaker wrapped them up in rope created from their jackets before calling the police. He left his plastic frog calling card on the desk before ducking out of the office. He climbed the stairs to the roof and leaped away into the night.

Milos Ridavich was a second generation American, growing up in Pittsburgh among the generation of immigrants fleeing the burgeoning power of the Axis. His father was among those working in the steel mills, while he worked as a newspaper boy.

Milos worked his way inside the paper, becoming a copy boy and gofer for the reporters at work. He impressed everyone with his diligence. He started covering stories using a pen name.

Things were looking up for the immigrant's son.

Then came Senator Joseph McCarthy's hearings and the HUAC. The Ridavichs were targeted as immigrants by those that believed they were communists. It didn't take much for a witch hunt to start.

The Ridavichs were ruined by the persecution they suffered. The elder Ridavich suffered a heart attack, and died on the way to the hospital. Milos lost his job, his apartment, everything. He threw himself into the river to drown.

Milos didn't drown, but he wasn't wholly human after that. He wasn't sure what had caused this change, but he knew that he could use it to take up his own crusade.

Milos used his earned reporter skills to target members of the criminal element that had contributed to his fall from grace. His ability to change shape only helped him. Soon he had built a reputation as the Frog Man of Pittsburgh, and the evidence he gathered put many people away.

Joe McCarthy's hysteria was shattered. Cooler heads prevailed, and Milos went back to work for the paper. He continued reporting, even earned a column under his pen name, but he also patrolled the city at night to protect the innocent and gain proof for his stories.

It's said the Croaker retired for a time, only to reappear at the battle of Detroit. Supposedly he was killed. Then he was seen helping to stop Takofones's rampage across the United States. Again he was supposedly killed by the archvillain before the battle was done. Recently two figures battled their way across Pittsburgh. One was described as a ragged clown with a knife, the other a giant frog.

Despite his deaths, every criminal and villain in Pittsburgh still know to beware the Croaker.

• 2 weeks later...

Character Name: The Croaker

Nationality: American

Hair/Eye Color: red/brown

Place of Birth: Pittsburgh, Penn.

Date of Birth: 02/22/46

Height/Mass: 5'8", 150 lb.

Cost Characteristic Value

5 STR 15/45

18 DEX 16/30

4 CON 12/22

4 BODY 12/22

2 INT 12

4 EGO 12/22

2 PRE 12/32

1 COM 12

PD 3/9

ED 2/4

10 SPD 3/5

REC 5/13

END 24/44

STUN 25/55

OCV: 5/10 DCV: 5/10 OECV: 4/6 DECV: 4/6

Phases: 4, 6, 9, 12/3, 5, 8, 10, 12

Cost Powers and Talents (END)

Frog man Powers:

Leapfrog: leaping + 8", OIHID (-1/4), 6 pts.

Frog Swimming: swimming + 8", OIHID (-1/4), 6 pts.

Breath like a fish: expanded breathing, breathe underwater, OIHID (-1/4). 4 pts.

Frog Man body:

Healing body 2d6, (20 pts), can heal limbs (+ 5 pts), resurrection (+20 pts), reduced end (0 end + 1/2), persistent (+1/2), self only (-½), extra time (1 turn, -1), OIHID (-1/4), and + 25 body (50 pts), only to prevent death (-2), OIHID (-1/4) 47 pts

Damage Reduction 75% physical damage resistance (60 pts), OIHID (-1/4). 48 pts

Frog Man Characteristics:

+ 30 Str 30 pts OIHID (-1/4) 24 pts

+ 14 Dex 42 pts OIHID (-1/4) 33 pts

+ 10 Con 20 pts OIHID (-1/4) 16 pts

+ 10 Body 20 pts OIHID (-1/4) 16 pts

+ 20 Pre 20 pts OIHID (-1/4) 16 pts

+ 10 Ego 20 pts OIHID (-1/4) 16 pts

Cost Skills

3 Streetwise 11-

3 Stealth 12-

3 Shadowing 12-

3 AK: Pittsburgh 11-

3 KS: The Underworld 11-

3 PS: Writer 11-

3 KS: Writer 11-

3 Breakfall 12-

3 Interrogation 11-

3 Criminology 11-

3 Deduction 11-

3 Forensic Medicine 11-

3 Cramming 11-

3 Climbing 12-

3 Legsweep

4 Martial Escape

3 Martial Grab

3 Martial Throw

40 + 8 DCV

8 Contact: Sgt. Casey 11-

150 Points Disadvantages

15 Accidental change when character is wet 11-

20 DNPC: Mr. Ridavich 11-

10 DF:Mystic Aura

5 DF:Frog Man

20 Hunted by HUAC 11-

15 Secret Identity

5 Professional rivalry with other reporters.

20 Vulnerability: 2 x damage from fire attacks

20 Reputation: Cannibal Frog Man 14-

20 Honorable

CHA Cost = 15

Total Powers Cost = 232

Total Skills Cost = 103

Total Cost = 350

Plot Hook 1) Milos Ridavich isn't the first man to become the Frog Man of Pittsburgh. Rumor has it there have been others, many others. Someone has uncovered a burial ground to prove it.

Plot Hook 2) An old villain has returned from obscurity to demand revenge on the city of Pittsburgh and its amphibian avenger. The problem is no one knows where the Croaker is, or how to find him.

Plot Hook 3) The Croaker has been seen more and more, patrolling the city. He seems intent on finding one man, a local gangster named Wally Flud. His agility and speed make him hard to stop for an interview from those who want to know what's going on.

GM's note- This character was obviously inspired by Steve Ditko's Creeper. This is an attempt to insert a hero as a fixture in the CU fifties when the cold war was at its height. Modifications should be easy so the character can be a historical subject, a new hero, or a cryptological subject that disappears whenever someone tries to study it. He might even fit in as a crusty old timer showing new guys the way around town.

ces

CES, long story short - after 17 1/2 years with IBM, I got laid off (along with a couple hundred others). At the same time, I had heart surgery (to repair a leeky valve). I found a company needing retail programming skills before I went in for surgery, did a phone screening the week before, had a first interview two weeks after my surgery, had my second interview one month after surgery, and started the new job across the state two months after my surgery. Been a wild year to say the least.

CES' date=' long story short - after 17 1/2 years with IBM, I got laid off (along with a couple hundred others). At the same time, I had heart surgery (to repair a leeky valve). I found a company needing retail programming skills before I went in for surgery, did a phone screening the week before, had a first interview two weeks after my surgery, had my second interview one month after surgery, and started the new job across the state two months after my surgery. Been a wild year to say the least.[/quote']

I can imagine. Same old, same old with me, nothing unusual.

CES

Mr. Multiverse 1

Humanoid bugs crept along the desert sand, weird rifles at the ready. They were an advanced team testing the Earth's defenses. They had not been impressed so far with the soft skins' resistance.

The scouts were prepared to give an all clear once they had cleared the humans from the territory they were going to claim and expand upon. The two they had encountered had been dealt with without effort.

The soft skins also tasted good.

The bugs decided to dig in at a hill overlooking most of the town. A light west of them denoted entertainment outside for the soft skins. Reconnoitering had established the natives went to the blue glowing light to mate in the back of their vehicles.

Easy pickings for those hungry for conquest.

A bright light erupted in the desert. It seemed to be where they had left the two remains. The commander, the first of equals, ordered two of his soldiers to find out what that silent flash was. Things had been going too well to allow a surprise to turn the invasion.

Something flew at the group of aliens, something that had earth as a symbol on its humanoid chest, with different star patterns along the rest of its body.

"I think you should go home," it said, speaking the language of the bugs.

"Fire," said the commander. This was unexpected, but easily taken care of if he acted fast enough.

The native's defender held up a hand full of solar systems. The lightning faded inches away from the flying man.

"My turn," he said.

The fifties saw numerous threats surface, as well as heroes to combat them. One of the strangest of these cold war warriors was known as Mr. Multiverse. His height and build changed with every appearance, but the common description is a man dressed in black with an earth emblazoned on his chest. White spots resembling stars decorated the black field of his uniform. A hood of the same design completely covered his face.

Mr. Multiverse seemed motivated to stop invaders from space and other dimensions. He randomly appeared in answer to these threats for a number of years. Sporadic reports still come in, mostly placing him against the forces of Demon, and based out of Vibora Bay.

Mr. Multiverse typically displays a control over energy and matter. This allows him to do various things like transformations, summons, shapeshifting, and flight.

The real secret of his power is the fact that he is a result of dimensional friction. This power is semisentient, not thinking on its own, but joining to those who have a purpose it can understand. This living portal can reach across universes to work the various effects of its powers.

This also means that Mr. Multiverse is naturally drawn to any extradimensional happenings, and finds a host near such hot spots to carry out his mission. Since he acts to reduce any unnatural movement across dimensional planes as best that he can, he naturally comes into conflict with any forces that try to pull those barriers down.

Mr. Multiverse was believed destroyed when Luther Black first tried to open the gate to the Qliphothic Realms in Boston; the same event that created the Q-man. While Demon's plan was foiled in the end, several heroes paid the price. The enigmatic adventurer was observed vanishing into the whirlwind, trying to close the gate against Black's stolen power from the Kings of Edom.

Mr. Multiverse was not immortalized, or even remembered by others. His passing would not have been noticed except in a this hero died here way. Sometimes something stirs when a person needs a helping hand against something from beyond their experience. An indomitable hero steps forth to protect the universe.

He is a hero that could be anyone, and anywhere, ready to take on those villains that would add Earth to their home dimensions, and stop them.

Character Name: Mr. Multiverse.

Nationality: variable

Hair/Eye Color: variable

Place of Birth: variable

Date of Birth: variable

Height/Mass: variable

STR 0

DEX 0

CON 0

BODY 0

INT 0

EGO 0

PRE 0

COM 0PD 0

ED 0

SPD 0

REC 0

END 0

STUN 0

OCV: 0 DCV: 0 OECV: 0 DECV:0

Phases: 0

Mr. Multiverse Body:

+45 STR 45 pts.

20" flight 40 pts

+ 20 (10 ed/ 10 pd) armor 30 pts

Sense rifts and aliens 3 pts

Multiverse Powers:

50+25 variable power pool, powers change between hosts (-½), powers reflect knowledge or powers of hosts (-½), Host has no control over what powers manifest (-½). 30 pts

Cost Skills

3 KS- The Multiverse

3 KS- Dimensional invaders

3 KS- Aliens

160 Points Disadvantages

25 Hunted by Demon

15 Hunted by V'han

20 Protective of Earth

20 Driven to close portals and stop dimensional invasions

10 DF: Mystic Aura

10 Reputation: Wandering hero with personality shifts. 11-

25 Needs a host body to act

15 Accidental Change: Dimensional portals may cause him to lose grip on body 11-.

20 Susceptibility to mental attacks 3D6

CHA Cost = 0

Total Powers Cost = 148

Total Skills Cost = 9

Total Cost = 157

Plot Hook 1) One of the player characters suddenly has more strength, and is capable of transforming things to suit. An example is a gadgeteer will be able to create tools at will from everyday items with transform. His costume has also changed to a black suit with an earth symbol on the chest. Research tells him the history of the uniform and that something is about to happen.

Plot Hook 2) Heroes learn that one hero has become active in a neighborhood, reappearing within moments after leaving almost constantly. Other incidents start flooding the police and rescue lines, reports of a disaster in the making. Then a city block vanishes.

Plot Hook 3) Mr. Multiverse is one of a number of heroes being honored with a museum. The curator of the museum would like for the players to track the enigmatic hero down and ask him to appear with some of the other retired mystery men invited. Of course, the curator has an ulterior motive of some kind.

GM's Notes- I didn't know how to express this on paper, so I don't know if I did it right. This character essentially has no body to call his own, so goes from person to person adding on to their capabilities, and disadvantages. Some kind of extradimensional trigger could lead to other adventures down the road. Naturally this is a take off of Captain Universe, created for the Micronauts by Bill Mantlo, then given his solo series drawn by Steve Ditko.

I hope this is acceptable and usable by other Gms and players.

• 2 weeks later...

Mr. Thunder 1

Mr. Thunder stood on the roof of the Museum of Natural History, wondering why a group of his archenemies had decided to get together and rob the place. That was unlike them. Even more so was the fact they were only after one thing.

He decided to ask them.

The dark gray clad hero smashed through the skylight, aiming for the mastermind Manzini. He wanted to put his most dangerous rogue out of the picture as quickly as possible. Then he could turn his attention to the rest.

His punch slammed against a force field that Manzini habitually kept activated when he was on the job. Thunder rolled and the mad scientist was sent across the room, trapped in his protective bubble like a gerbil in a plastic play ball.

"Do you mind giving up to my awesome physical prowess?," asked Mr. Thunder. "Or do I have to do the song and dance like usual?"

"Let's do the song and dance," said The Lightning, clad in a bright yellow version of Mr. Thunder's costume, grinning like a loon, flying straight at his opposite number in a shower of electricity.

The two powerhouses grappled, then began throwing booming punches to clear space around them. The pressure waves washed over the villains trapped in the room with them. Glass cases and displays rocked back and forth as Mr. Thunder finally knocked his enemy outside.

"I don't know what's going on," he said to the rest of the villains. "But you're all under arrest until I do."

"I don't think so," said the diminutive Tick Tape, sitting on the shoulder of the Ogray. "You'll have to deal with Lightning before you can deal with the rest of us."

"That's right, Dunderhead," said Lightning, flying back through the hole in the ceiling that he had created with his out of control flight. "You'll have to deal with me."

"I can do that," said Mr. Thunder with a smile, cracking his knuckles.

• 3 weeks later...

The legend of Mr. Thunder started with Bobby Brooks, a kid who wanted to be someone someday. It was the same dream shared by hundreds of boys everywhere. The power to be a hero had been earned along the way.

Bobby was an amateur spelunker who enjoyed exploring the caves around his Wyoming town, Faucet City. Legends said a treasure existed at the bottom of one of those caverns for the person who could find it. Hundreds had lost everything to find that phantom, but Bobby just liked to explore and had no expectations of being rich.

Bobby found something that existed under the cavern system he knew so well. Some hidden door led him into a garden of sunlight at the bottom of an undiscovered shaft. He couldn't find the source of light as he wandered among the strange flowers and trees.

His second discovery was the old woman sitting in a wicker chair of emerald wood. She gestured for him to approach, which he did despite common sense posting nagging questions in the back of his mind.

"Hello, Robert," the old woman said, literally almost as transparent as a piece of paper in front of a light. "I have been waiting for you to arrive. I bequeath you my legacy. Use it well."

"I don't understand," Bobby objected, moving forward.

Clouds rushed in, blocking the light above. Thunder rolled like a thousand drums. Then the shadow was gone, leaving behind a very confused and changed Bobby Brook flying above the town.

Bobby learned the secrets of his powers origin with time, built a rogue's gallery that included a predecessor, and helped others all over the planet. He is on good terms with most heroes he has dealt with such as the Rovers, Champions, and Robert Caliburn.

• 3 weeks later...

Mr. Thunder 3

Character Name: Mr. Thunder

Hair/Eye Color: Brown, brown

Place of Birth: Faucet City

Date of Birth: 11/4/96

Height/Mass: 5'8"/6'2"/95 lb./250 lb.

5 STR 15/75

9 DEX 13/43

6 CON 13/43

10 BODY 15/45

2 INT 12/32

4 EGO 12/32

2 PRE 12

2 COM 14

PD 3/15

ED 2/8

10 SPD 2/5

REC 5/23

END 26/116

STUN 28/103

OCV: 4/14 DCV: 4/14 OECV: 4/10 DECV: 4/10

Phases: 6, 12/3,5,8,10,12

Wisdom

+20 INT OIHID (-1/4) 16 pts

Skills VPP power pool 10 + 5 pts Limited to skills (-1), OIHID (-1/4) 6 pts

+20 EGO OIHID (-1/4) 32 pts

Strength

+ 60 STR OIHID (-1/4) 48 pts

Stamina

+ 30 END OIHID (-1/4) 12 pts

+ 30 CON OIHID (-1/4) 48 pts

+ 30 BODY OIHID (-1/4) 48 pts

Speed

Teleportation, 15" must cross the space between (-1/4), OIHID (-1/4) 20 pts

Teleportation 15", Megascale (+1), must cross the space between(-1/4),OIHID (-1/4) 40 pts

+ 30 DEX OIHID (-1/4) 72 pts

Unbreakability

Full Life Support OIHID (-1/4) 36 pts

75% resistant Energy and Physical Damage Reduction OIHID (-1/4) 96 pts

Armor (50 ed/50 pd) OIHID (-1/4) 120 pts

Cost Skills

3 Climbing 11-

3 AK: Caverns of the world 11-

3 AK: Faucett City 11-

3 KS: Faucett City History 11-

3 KS: Spelunking 11-

3 PS: Spelunking 11-

3 Navigation 11-

3 Survival 11-

3 Paramedics 11-

3 Computer programming 11-

2 TF: Common ground vehicles

1 TF: parachuting

200 Points Disadvantages

20 Hunted by Rogues Gallery 14-

30 Hunted by Demon 14-

30 Hunted by Viper 14-

20 Code versus Killing

20 Honorable

15 Reputation: World's Mightiest Man

15 Secret Identity

10 Rivalry with other bricks

25 DNPC: Sister Mary Brook

5 Mystic Aura

10 Minor

77 experience pts

CHA Cost = 50

Total Powers Cost = 594

Total Skills Cost = 33

Total Cost = 677

Plot Hook 1) The caverns around Faucet City suddenly collapse. Half of the city is in ruins, and Mr. Thunder is having to deal with this and his Rogues who decide to go on a rampage. Can the player characters lend a hand?

Plot Hook 2) Mr. Thunder's opposite number, Lightning, steals Mr. Thunder's thunder, and sets about making himself king of the world with Faucet City as his capitol. Top men have asked the heroes to find out what happened and reverse it while others fight a delaying action. This can be complicated by the other members of the Rogue's Gallery trying to horn in on the action.

GM's Note Just take Mr. Thunder's sheet and double the points in the powers for ease of use.

Plot Hook 3) Mr. Thunder has developed a crush on a real beauty, and is blind to the fact she is using him for selfish purposes. Someone needs to wake him up to what's going on.