The New Circle

OddHat

Guest Skaramine

Re: The New Circle

Oh yeah! Boneface is more of a Mr. Miracle analogue... with Deadman, Nightcrawler, and Dick Grayson thrown in.

Buddy could also be Torgo - the robot who Ben ran into on the gangster gladiator planet, who was the inspiration for one plot seed. Though, he does make a good Thing stand-in as well.

Yep. Soon. Watch That Space.

Stop watching that space, for The Laff is done. Who should I do next...? The Brain (my Braiac analog)? The Cold (my Caption Cold analog)? The Dark (my Sinestro analog)? The Homulclus (my Bizaro analog)? The Claw (my Cheeta analog)?

this thread is addictive like crack

Here's a Teen Champions homage character, since all I had to do was swipe half from one character in my campaign, half from another, and add personality and backstory. There's another idea percolating in the back of my brain; I'll see if I can force it into the light soon...

Djinna

Alternate IDs: Ginna Ali

Val Char Cost

5 STR -5

18 DEX 24

18 CON 16

13 BODY 6

13 INT 3

10 EGO 0

13 PRE 3

15 COM 3

10 PD 3

10 ED 0

3/6 SPD 2

5 REC 0

36 END 0

25 STUN 0

6" RUN 0

2" SWIM 0

1" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 55

Cost Power

12 Just a Kid: Combat Luck (6 PD/6 ED)

5 Kid-size: +1 with DCV

-4 Kid-weight: Additional Knockback +2"

20 Advice from a Djinnyeh: Luck 4d6

20 Warning from a Djinniyeh: Danger Sense (Intuitional, Sensitivity: Any Danger) 12-

51 Ring of the Djinnyeh: Multipower, 90-point reserve, all slots: (90 Active Points); Incantations, Only To Activate (-1/4), Extra Time (Delayed Phase, Only to Activate Constant or Persistent Power; -1/4), Restrainable (Only by means other than Grabs and Entangles -1/4)

5u 1) Attack!: Energy Blast 7d6 (vs. PD), Indirect (Same origin, always fired away from attacker; +1/4), Affects Desolidified (Desolidified Spirits; +1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Uncontrolled (+1/2) (87 Active Points)

3u 2) Lift!: Telekinesis (10 STR), Fine Manipulation, Indirect (Same origin, always fired away from attacker; +1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Uncontrolled (+1/2) (56 Active Points)

2u 3) Lift, Many!: Naked Modifier on Telekinesis, Area Of Effect (up to 3" Any Area; +1), Selective Target (+1/4) (31 Active Points)

5m 4) Protect!: Force Field (10 PD/10 ED), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Uncontrolled (+1/2) (40 Active Points)

2u 5) Protect, Many!: Naked Modifier on Force Field, Ranged (+1/2), Usable Simultaneously (x8 Number of Targets +1 1/4) (35 Active Points)

5m 6) Carry!: Flight 10", Uncontrolled (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (40 Active Points)

2u 7) Carry, Many!: Naked Modifier on Flight, Indirect (Same origin, always fired away from attacker; +1/4), Ranged (+1/2), Usable Simultaneously (x8 Number of Targets +1 1/4) (40 Active Points)

1u 8) Carry, Swiftly!: Naked Modifier on Flight, Megascale (1" = 1 km; +1/4) (5 Active Points)

4u 9) Serve!: Change Environment 8" radius, Varying Combat Effects, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Uncontrolled (+1/2), Selective Target (+1/2) (75 Active Points)

5u 10) Watch!: Clairsentience (Sight , Hearing And Smell/Taste Groups), Indirect (Same origin, always fired away from attacker; +1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Uncontrolled (+1/2) (90 Active Points)

20 +3 SPD (30 Active Points); Only To Use Djinnyeh Powers (-1/2)

Powers Cost: 158

Cost Skill

1 Djinniyeh Commanding (Power Skill) 8-

3 Concealment 12-

3 Lockpicking 13-

3 Shadowing 12-

3 Streetwise 12-

2 Survival (Urban) 12-

1 Teamwork 8-

1 PS: Archaeology 8-

Skills Cost: 17

Total Character Cost: 230

Pts. Disadvantage

10 Dependent NPC: Foster Parents 8- (Normal)

5 Hunted: New Circle 8- (Mo Pow; Watching)

15 Hunted: Villain Of The Week Who Wants The Ring 8- (Mo Pow; Harshly Punish)

5 Physical Limitation: Small (Infrequently; Slightly Impairing)

20 Psychological Limitation: Code vs. Killing (Common; Total)

15 Psychological Limitation: Code of the Hero (Common; Strong)

5 Psychological Limitation: Secretly Idolizes Minority Heroes (Uncommon; Moderate)

15 Social Limitation: Legal Minor (Frequently; Major)

10 Social Limitation: Secret Identity (Occasionally; Major)

Disadvantage Points: 100

Base Points: 150

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

Background/History: Two-thousand years ago, a mortal sahir trapped the djinnyeh Cari, and wrested her name from her. He forged a plain ring with her name engraved upon it, and in so doing bound her to serve whosoever wore the ring and commanded her. In all that time, she served masters both evil and good, noble and foul, as the ring passed from hand to hand. For a time, her ring was lost, and Cari gained freedom of a sort.

But her ring was rediscovered, by Nazis in their African desert campaign. She dreaded being forced to obey such contemptible masters, but before they could command her, the ring was stolen by a plucky American archaeologist. He never used the ring to command her, though. Instead, he sometimes called upon her only to talk. Thus did Cari learn of America, and of urban decay, and of other horrors of the modern world.

When the old man died, he bequeathed the ring to a neighbor girl, who spent time listening to his stories to escape her troubled home life. The old man never told Ginna the secret of the ring, but after seeing the girl's life at home, Cari chose to bend the rules, just a little.

Cari's help saw Ginna safely out of her home, and into a good foster home. Against her better judgement, though, she went along with Ginna's ideas about "superheroics". Although the girl would - occasionally - listen to her advice, Cari was relieved when they encountered the New Circle, and Ginna seemed open to occasionally listening to their advice.

Personality/Motivation: Ginna has had a rough life, and only her idolization of superheroes - particularly the minority ones, like her - has kept her from falling into bad ways. With the death of the old man a few years ago, Cari is now her only close friend, although she's coming to trust her foster parents. She's becoming a superheroine because she knows that there are people out there who need help, and it's what her idols would do.

Cari, on the other hand, wants to protect her new friend and master. She's lost her last master, who was a good man, the only master she liked; she's not going to lose another master she likes if she can help it.

Quote: "School? Yo, are you kiddin' me? We just kicked Black Paladin's shiny metal-can butt, and I gotta go to American History?"

Powers/Tactics: Djinna can effectively use one power at a time. However, her powers do not require her attention - she can activate a power and then perform other actions on her own. To activate, change, or redirect a power requires her to take a Delayed Phase and use Incantations (her instructions to the djinnyeh). If her ring is taken from her, the current power in use continues until the new ring-holder makes another command.

At present, her best tactic in battle is to have the djinnyeh attack while Djinna herself can perform other actions - freeing hostages, evacuating innocents, or the like. If threatened, Djinna can call back the djinnyeh to defen herself or others if necessary.

Campaign Use: Djinna is intended to be a Teen Champions character who can cross-over with regular Champions characters and still contribute. As is, her powers are impressive, but limited by the limitation on her Multipower-based power construction. She'll be able to do about one thing at a time, but will be vulnerable in the meantime. Although she does not have a Power Pool, the GM may allow Djinna to purchase new Multipower slots out of her unspent character points, for appropriate commands to the Djinnyeh. Djinna should also develop so that she has to rely less on her ring, either picking up martial arts or some other means of being effective when she does not have the djinnyeh to call upon.

Ginna can be a young protegée to a more experienced female or minority superhero; The Light, for example. The power of her ring has great potential, and as a young superheroine she can bring up questions of right and wrong that might not normally be addressed. This is an important development for Ginna's character, because she will eventually realize that her use of the ring essentially enslaves Cari, no matter how enjoyable that servitide might be...

Plot Seed: Djinna throws herself into superheroics with a vengeance, using the djinnyeh to take down criminals, guilty, suspected, or otherwise. Her actions are having a positive effect on her neighborhood - but they're also attracting a lot of attention. Not only are the street criminals gunning for her, but she's attracted the notice of some supernatural villains, who recognize the ring and realize what they could do with it. The player characters have to find Djinna, protect her from her new enemies, and somehow teach her moderation in the use of her powers.

Plot Seed: The old man, the archaeologist who gave Ginna her ring, returns. He explains that his gift of the ring and his supposed death were only tests, and that Ginna has failed - she has continued to command the enslaved djinniyeh. He takes the ring back, and then leaves. However, the player characters can discover that the old man really did die - but that the body has been exhumed and is missing. And they cannot find the old man and the ring. Was the old man who took the ring the real old man, or an impostor who managed to fool both Djinna and her djinnyeh? And if so, who could it be, and what does he intend to do with the power of the djinniyeh?

Plot Seed: Ginna finally admits to herself that keeping the ring is only condoning the enslavement of the djinniyeh. However, the djinniyeh does not know how to free herself - merely destroying the ring may well destroy the djinniyeh, as well. The Master, with his oriental magics, does not know the secrets of the sahir. Perhaps someone like the Iron Imam may know the secret to releasing the djinniyeh, but can the player characters convince him to do so, and can they trust him to do so? And even if he does free the djinniyeh, is it likely that Ginna will give up on superheroics?

Appearance: Ginna is a young, dark-skinned girl who usually dresses like she's on the streets, not like a superheroine. Cari is semimaterial at best, a djinniyeh of smokeless flame who can appear as a regal Arabian woman in flowing robes that mist to insubstantiability at their edges.

Guest Skaramine

If Gina ever does free the Djinn, the Djinn, with the last of his wish-granting power, might grant her a modicum of power of her own, knowing that she is a true champion and wants to protect people.

Always appreciate references to the JSA. Although Johnny Thunder kind of annoyed me when I was young, Jakeem grew on me after Stealing Thunder, and now seeing Johnny Thunder in JSA flashbacks I find I appreciate his character more.

And this thread has pretty much locked me out on giving rep, too, until I have time to go on a rep-binge. :(

p.s.: If it was Shazzan!, I'd have added the winged camel. How could I resist a character named "Kaboobie"? ;)

Guest Skaramine

Always appreciate references to the JSA. Although Johnny Thunder kind of annoyed me when I was young' date=' Jakeem grew on me after [i']Stealing Thunder[/i], and now seeing Johnny Thunder in JSA flashbacks I find I appreciate his character more.

And this thread has pretty much locked me out on giving rep, too, until I have time to go on a rep-binge. :(

p.s.: If it was Shazzan!, I'd have added the winged camel. How could I resist a character named "Kaboobie"? ;)

:rockon: YES! Another Shazzan fan!

:hail:

Yeah... now I wanna make my own Shazzan homage.

And Kaboobie. :D

Guest Skaramine

I've got my own Black Canary and Green Arrow homage I'm working on as well.

White Eagle and Bowhuntress... though Bowhuntress doesn't have magical powers.

Well, here is The Brain, my Braiack analog (and, yes, since he uses mental powers, I would also consider him my Gorilia Grod analog also). Basicly, he is an alchemical computer within a golem shell, and serves the Black Tryangle.

I can imagion this conversation between The Brain and The Laff.

The Laff: So, Brain, what do you want to do tonight?

The Brain: The same thing we do evey night, Laff, try to help Lucifer take over the world!

The Brain

Value Char Cost Roll Notes

30 STR 20 15- Lift: 1,600kg 6d6 [0]

13 DEX 9 12- OCV: 4 DCV: 4

30 CON 40 15-

20 BODY 20 13-

43 INT 33 18- PER Roll: 18-

40 EGO 60 17- ECV: 13

40 PRE 30 17- PRE Attack: 8d6

6 COM -2 10-

10 PD 4 Total PD: 10 PD (10 rPD)

10 ED 4 Total ED: 10 ED (1o rED)

5 SPD 27 Phases: 3,5,8,10,12

20 RED 16

0 END -30

60 STUN 10

Total Charatistic Cost: 241

Movement: Running: 6"/12"

Leaping: 6"/12"

Cost Powers END

105 Living Brains In An Alchemical Jar: Multipower 105 points

3u Mind's Eye: Clairsentience Seight and Hearing Sence Group, Invisable Power Effect (seight and hearing, still detectable by mental sences, +3/4) 3

18m Mental Darkness: Darkness to Mental Sences, 9" radious 9

18m Headacker: Ego Attack 9d6 9

18m Low Energy Headacker: Ego Attack 7d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END, +1/4) 5

18m Piercing Headacker: Ego Attack 6d6, Armor Poercing (+1/2) 9

18m Mind Blind: Flash VS Mental Sence Group 9d6, Based on ECV(+1) 9

17m Great Mind Blind: Flash VS Mental Sence Group 6d6, Based On ECV (+1), Explosion (+1/2), Personal Imunity (+1/4) 8

2u Mental Invisability: Invisibility to Mental Sences 2

18m Mind Fooling: Mental Illusions 18d6 9

18m Piercing Mind Fooling: Mental Illusions 12d6, Armor Piercing (+1/2) 9

18m Low Energy Mind Fooling: Mental Illusions 14d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END, +1/4) 5

18m Make Others Obay: Mind Control 9d6, Telepathic (+1/4), Armor Piercing (+1/2), Indirect (+1/4) 9

18m Low Energy Make Others Obay: Mind Control 8d6, Telepathic (+1/4), Armor Piercing (+1/2), Indirect (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END, -1/4) 5

12m Mass Make Others Obay: Mind Control 7d6, Telepathic (+1/4), Armor Piercing (+1/2), Explosion (+1/2), Personal Imunity (+1/4), No Range (-1/2) 9

14m Scaning For Thoughtwaves: Mind Scan 12d5, +5 ECV 7

18m Object Translocation: Telekinesis 30 STR, Based on ECV (+1) 9

5m Make Into Mindslave: Major Transformation (person with an indipendent will to person who lives only to serve The Brain, heals normaly) 2d6, Based on ECV (+1), Invisable Power Effect (seight and hearing, still visable to mental sences, +3/4), AVLD (Mental Defence, +3/4), Extra Time (1 Hour, -3) 10

18m Mind Comunication: Telepathy 12d6, Armor Piercing (+1/2) 9

18m Low Energy Mind Comunication: Telepathy 10d6, Armor Piercing (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END, +1/4) 5

9m Rabid Mind Probing: Telepathy 9d6, Autofire (10 questions option, +1), One Target Only (-1) 9 each

64 Special Golem Weapions: Multipower 78 points, Physucal Manification (-1/4)

6u Head Cracker And Brain Extractor: Killing Attack Hand To Hand 2d6 (4d6 w/STR), Physical Manification (-1/4) AND Major Transformation (corpse with brain to corpse without brain) 2d6, NND (defence is not being taken to negitive BODY by linked attack, +1), Linked (-1/4), Physical Manification (-1/4) 8

6u Blood Removal Tube: Killing Attack Hanf To Hand 2d6 (4d6 w/STR), Armor Piercing (+1/2), Physical Manification (-1/4) AND Transfer BODY To BODY 2d6, NND (not taking any BODY damage from linked attack, +1), Linked (-1/4), Physical Manification (-1/4) 8

15 Living Brains In An Alchemical Jar: Mental Defence 20 points, Harden (+1/4)

10 Golem Shell: Damage Resistance on 10 PD and 10 ED

35 Electro-Psi Power Supply: Endurance Reserve 100END, 25 REC

16 Dedicated Arms For Head Cracker And Blood Removal Tube: Streching 5", Reduced Endurance (0 END, +1/2), No Noncombat Streching (-1/2), No Fine Manipulation (-1/2), Physical Manification (-1/4)

15 Golem Shell: Reduced Endurance (0 END, +1/2) on 30 STR

3 Golem Shell: Reduced Endurance (0 END, +1/2) on Running 6"

3 Golem Shell: Reduced Endurance (0 END, +1/2) on Leaping 6"

-2 Golems Can Not Swim: Swiming -2"

50 Golem Life: Life Support (full)

Talents

3 Living Computer: Absolute Range Sence

3 Living Computer: Absolute Time Sence

5 Living Computer: Eidetic Memory

3 Im Just A Bunch Of Brains In A Jar, Realy: Simulate Death

8 Living Computer: Speed Reading, X1000 Speed

27 Living Computer: Universal Translator, 26-

Skill

9 Analyze Mental Powers: 21-

5 KS: Alchemisty: 21-

5 KS: Mental Magic: 21-

5 KS: The Mystical World: 21-

5 KS: The Magical World: 21-

7 Forensic Medicine: 21-

7 Tactics: 21-

Total Power Cost: 727

Total Cost: 968

200+ Disavantages

10 Dependence on Fresh Blood 4d6 STUN per week, common

10 Dependence on Fresh Blood 4d6 BODY per week, common

10 Dependence on Fresh Brains -26 EGO per year, common

10 Dependence on Fresh Brains -26 INT per year, common

20 Distinctive Features: Six Disembowed Brains In A Big Jar Filled In Alchemical Chemicals Atached To A Golem Frame (Concelable, Cause Fear)

15 Physical Limitation: No Sence Of Taist/Smell (All The Time, Slightly)

15 Physical Limitation: No Sence Of Touch (All The Time, Slightly)

15 Physical Limitation: Heavy (weighs aproxamently 400 pounds, All The Time, Slightly)

20 Psychological Limitation: Sees Humanity Only As Replacement Parts (Common, Total)

20 Psychological Limitation: Beleves Himself To Be A Being Of Total Logic (Common, Total)

20 Psychological Limitation: Killer (Common, Total)

15 Psychological Limitation: Loyal To Lucifer Morningstar (Common, Strong)

15 Social Limitation: No Legal Rights (Major, Frequently)

573 Experence

Background/History: It was 1897, and Roland Darkish was a budding young mistic in training. He specalised in alchemisty, and was rather good at mixing formulas and other discoveries. One day, he learned about the experments of Charles Babbage, and decided to duplicate them using alchemisty and human brains. Failing at his first few atempts using brains from corpses, in a fit of wickedness, he decided to use the fresh brains of thoes he decided would not be missed.

It took him some time to get the right alchemical mix, as he colected the first six brains. And it took some time to wire the brains up to an electrical curent. In an acident where he bleed into the tank, he learned that the brains reacted to blood rather well. With the brains as a memorie storage device, a water wheel for power, electrical wiering to a typerwriter and a mechanical arm, he decided that he was finished. Soon, he started acting rather oddly. He started creating a chair of odd design. Then, he sat in it and activated it. It was said he screamed for about fifteen minets as the chair's device removed his brain.

The brains were sentent, and it developed mental powers. Using it's powers over the years, it kepted itself alive and active by using mind controled humand. Then, one day in the year 2003, his mind contacted Lucifer Morningstar. Lucifer offered to make for him a golem shell for him if he joined Black Tryangle. It acepted, and hasen't regreted it yet.

Quote: "Your choice is illogical. Can you not see that the most logical choice is to surender to us?"

Personality/Modivation: The Brain likes to think that he is beyond emotions... that only logic maters. Instead, it uses logic to mask his emotions to others. The only emotion he alowes himself to feal out loud is a great contempt for humans.

The Brain's only reasion for being a member of Black Tryangle is to repay Lucifer for the kindness which freed him from the need for humans. It still needs humans for blood and replacement brains, but now dosen't need humans to experence the world for him.

Powers/Tactics: The brains of The Brain are sentent and psionic. Thay are able to see and hear at a distance, generate psionic blasts which induce headackes in others, make his mind unspotable by mental sences, blind the mental sences of others, create images in the minds of others, control the minds of others, scan for thoughtwaves, read and send thoughts, and even move objects with his mind. With enougth time, he can even brainwash others with his vast mental powers.

His body was designed with special arms with dedecated weapions to take cair of certan needs his mind needs to survive. One are has a thick needle which pierces flesh, and atached to it is a tube which pumps the victoms blood into his tank. Another is an arm with a device which sits on the head on a victom, cuts the head open, removes the brain, and draws the brain into the tank (and expells the roted brain the fresh brain was replacing). The body is also resistant to damage somewhat, and can operate in any enviroment.

Prehaps the most dangerous thing about The Barin is that it is basicly a living, mobile computer. It can outthink most people easly. It does have some limitations, thoe. Even thoe it is smart, others can outwit it socialy. It needs fresh blood evey week or it starts to die. It needs a replacement brain for itself once a year, or it starts to lose intelagence and sentience. Also, the golem body can not reproduce smell, taist, or touch. Finaly, the golem body is rather heavy.

Apperance: The Brain use to be an group of six brains wiered together in a glass aquariem, with electrical wiers conecting it to a water wheel. The brains floated in a lightly reddish liquid as a wire conected to a typewriter, an golimish arm, and later, a chair with odd arms on it.

After Lucifer helped create the golem shell, The Brain became a group of brains in an alchemicaly treated unbreakable glass container, which was placed in the chest of what apears to be a metalic humaoid framework of a silverie color. Red mechanical-like eyes rest on his head. It weighs aproxamently 400 kg, and stands arpoxamently 7'4" tall.

Campain Use: The Brain might defently be to powerful for most heros to face. The Brain was ment to be a mystic villian of vast mental powers. If he is to powerful, feal free to reduce his mental powers some. He shoulden't need much beefing up.

The Brain hunts anyone who apears to be smart as he seeks the perfect brain for one of his replacement brains. He tends to hunt in secret, using his mental powers to mess with the target's life. Then, when his life is at his lowest point, he takes total control, leads them to his location, then eather drains them of blood or removes their brains.

Plot Seeds

The Unity Trust: Learning about Mentack, The Brain decides that he must have that brain as his replacement. So he has his teamates attack Unity while he kidnaps Mentack. Will the heros find Mentack before The Brain rips his cortex out of his head, and adds it to his jar?

The Logical Choice: The Brain has set up a crooked buisnessman up to be the next Presadent of the United States. Will the heros discover The Brain's involvment before election day?

Brothers In Arms: The Brain learns about Mechanon, and thay both decied that thay are useful to each other's plans. Can the heros defeat the scarrie twosome before all of humaity is destroied?

Guest Skaramine

Introducing one of my greatest master villains.

Soulrider

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

10 STR 0 11- Lift 100.0kg; 2d6 [1]

20 DEX 30 13- OCV: 7/DCV: 7

30 CON 40 15-

30 BODY 40 15-

18 INT 8 13- PER Roll 13-

30 EGO 40 15- ECV: 10

30 PRE 20 15- PRE Attack: 6d6

12 COM 1 11-

10 PD 8 Total: 10 PD (0 rPD)

10 ED 4 Total: 10 ED (0 rED)

6 SPD 30 Phases: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12

10 REC 4

60 END 0

50 STUN 0

Total Characteristic Cost: 209

Movement:

Flight: 10"/20"

Cost Powers END

204 Bodyjacking: (Total: 489 Active Cost, 204 Real Cost) Mind Control 18d6, Side Effects (Side Effect only affects the recipient of the benefits of the Power; +0), Telepathic (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Affects Physical World (+2) (337 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), Must Achieve EGO +30 (-1/2), Linked (???; -1/2) (Real Cost: 135) plus Clinging (normal STR), Affects Physical World (+2) (30 Active Points); Only To Remain Merged With A Body If Moved Involuntarily (-2), Linked (???; -1/2) (Real Cost: 8) plus Telepathy 7d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Affects Physical World (+2) (122 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), Only On Possessed Target (-1/2) (Real Cost: 61)

53 Incorporeal Being: Desolidification (affected by magic or attack which effects possessed), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (80 Active Points); Always On (-1/2)

18 To Seek His Perfect Prey - Starrior: Detect A Single Thing 18- (Unusual Group), Range, Tracking

50 Wandering Damned Soul: Life Support (Eating: Character does not eat; Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Immunity: All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents; Longevity: Immortal; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing; Sleeping: Character does not sleep)

10 Strong of Will: Mental Defense (16 points total)

20 Unfettered By Gravity: Flight 10" 2

62 Ghostly Resillience and Possessing Vitality: Healing 1 BODY, Can Heal Limbs, Resurrection, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2), Affects Physical World (+2) (140 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4)

50 Ride 'Em Hard And Put 'Em Away Wet: Succor 4d6, all Bodyjacked Victims powers and Attributes simultaneously (+2), Affects Physical World (+2) (100 Active Points); Others Only (-1/2), Linked (Bodyjacking; -1/2) 10

19 The Pick of The Armies of Hell: Summon 8 350-point Demonic Beings, Weak-Willed -2 on EGO Rolls (+1/4), Expanded Class of Beings Limited Group (+1/2) (149 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Day, Character May Take No Other Actions, -4 1/4), OAF Immobile Expendable (Difficult to obtain new Focus; Captured Human; -2 1/4), Only When Serving Hell's Purposes (-1/2) 15

Perks

5 Generalship In Hell's Army: Fringe Benefit: General

9 Reputation: Hell's Greatest General (A large group) 14-, +3/+3d6

Skills

19 Two Hundred Years of Battle Experience: +2 with All Combat, Usable Simultaneously (up to 2 people at once; +1/2) (24 Active Points); Usable By Others Only Works For Bodyjacked Target Power loses about a fourth of its effectiveness (-1/4)

3 AK: America 13-

3 AK: Hell 13-

3 Acting 15-

2 Animal Handler (Equines) 15-

3 Bribery 15-

3 Bureaucratics 15-

3 Conversation 15-

3 Demolitions 13-

3 High Society 15-

3 Interrogation 15-

2 Language: Native American Languages (fluent conversation)

2 Language: Spanish (fluent conversation)

2 Navigation (Land) 13-

3 Oratory 15-

3 Persuasion 15-

3 Riding 13-

3 Scholar

2 1) KS: Demonology (3 Active Points) 13-

4 2) KS: Military History (5 Active Points) 15-

2 3) KS: Native American Tribes (3 Active Points) 13-

2 4) KS: The Military/Mercenary/Terrorist World (3 Active Points) 13-

3 Seduction 15-

3 Stealth 13-

3 Streetwise 15-

3 Tactics 13-

3 Teamwork 13-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 591

Total Cost: 800

650+ Disadvantages

20 Psychological Limitation: Racist and Sexist (Common, Total)

15 Psychological Limitation: Hates Native Americans (Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Hunts Starrior (Common, Strong)

5 Hunted: Starrior 8- (Less Pow, Harshly Punish)

20 Vulnerability: 2 x STUN Ego Attacks (Common)

10 Distinctive Features: A Damned, Bodyjacking Soul (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable Only By Unusual Senses)

5 Hunted: Native American Superheroes or Super-Team 8- (Less Pow, Harshly Punish)

20 Susceptibility: When Forcible Ejected From "His Ride", 3d6 damage Instant (Common)

10 Vulnerability: 2 x Effect Native American Magicks (Uncommon)

15 Physical Limitation: No Body of His Own, Must Hijack Others (Infrequently, Fully Impairing)

15 Social Limitation: Subject To Orders From The Fallen Angel (Frequently, Major)

Total Disadvantage Points: 150

Background/History: As they descended upon him, he cursed their names, begging for anyone who could give him the power to strike back, to exterminate their wretched kind from the face of the Earth. The General empited his last shot into one of those bastard redskins, watching with satisfaction as the bastard collapsed to the earth. He bled, the arrows sunk into his flesh, and then the ultimate insult. They pulled his head back and hacked his scalp off, waving it around as a trophy.

Damn them all... he cursed, cursing even God for His abandonment in this holy crusade against the cancer on his soil.

And then... he died.

#

"Hello, George. You called?"

"Where am I?"

"It's not Heaven. But then, after you told Him to f--- off and die, not to mention killing unarmed women and children, He wasn't going to let you up there anyways."

"You mean... you mean that He doesn't see the need to kill them all?"

Lucifer shook his head slowly. "Nope. Sorry. But, me, I can't look a gift horse in the mouth."

"I'll be working for the devil."

"Call me Luke."

Lucifer extended his hand, and they shook. Custer had expected his skin to be blazing hot, but instead, it was cool, warm to the touch.

"Cool-hand Luke."

"I like the sound of that," Lucifer answered. "You have something you want done. I need a general to lead my armies."

"Can I have my body back?" Custer asked.

"Sorry."

"Then I'll take what I can get."

Lucifer grinned. "Now there's a VERY good idea..."

#

He wasn't human, but he was white, he looked like a proper American, and he had two qualities which made the Soulrider love him - he had an incredibly long lifespan, and he possessed immense power. He was an alien called Ren Gar, but the world knew him as Starrior. The Soulrider relished the power he possessed, and though Starrior fought with all his strength against killing those Custer hated, it was for naught.

But his sister, and the alien's friends fought back against him. They knew he was possessed, and Soulrider struggled, but the witch who sided with them excorcised him. It was an epic battle, but Custer knew he'd seek this one again. He was perfect for the cause. Others were good, but they looked alien, or were deformed, or they were animals. And he wouldn't even think twice about keeping a woman's body, or one of the mud-people.

No.

The Starrior was Perfect. The Soulrider would enjoy forcing this one into servitude in the Armies of Hell.

Personality/Motivation: The Soulrider gave his all for this nation, and in the end, was ultimately betrayed. Instead of being avenged, the US Government coddled the redskins, gave rights to the blacks and hispanics and to the orientals. Custer has seen his beloved land poisoned by mollycoddling bleeding heart liberals, and he wants to make a change. He will do whatever he has to to make America strong and pure again. And the weapon he most wishes to use is Starrior.

Of all the "mud-peoples" he hates Native Americans the most, and will do anything to destroy them, including hijacking their bodies and forcing them to committ unforgivable atrocities. Fortunately, he's been stopped in the past from doing too much damage, but it's been pure luck that Soulrider hasn't committed genocide.

Quote: "I'm back in the saddle again. And I brought a few friends with me..."

Powers/Tactics: The Soulrider is one of the most dangerous forms of ghosts that ever existed - a Bodyjacker. His general tactics are to find a relatively easy to conquer opponent (low Ego/mental DEF) and take him or her over. He's a good actor and can mimic their abilities, attitudes and speech patterns, and for the most part, while he's biding his time, he maintains the original target's lifestyle until he sees his opportunity to take over a stronger target. Unfortunately, since the target is aware of being conquered, Soulrider is forced tomake his transfers loud and noisy. As well, unconscious opponents are much easier to move in on.

Soulrider can also turn captured humans into hosts for superhuman beings - dead supervillains condemned to hell, demons, and other minions of the fire down below. Unfortunately, the process requires 24 hours of continuous summoning before he can activate his demons. Plus, he has to catch the targets first.

What makes a victim captured by the Soulrider so dangerous is his ability to increase the physical abilities and powers of a target. Normal humans become stronger and faster, and extremely good fighters under his control. When he conquers a superhuman target, all bets are off. This aid, plus his combat skills honed from over a hundred years of evildoing, makes him one of the most dangerous threats the world has ever faced.

Campaign Use: Soulrider is evil incarnate, and he's just taken over your best buddy. On the one hand, you're warranted in engaging in tactics you reserve for the most hated of your foes because he's a racist piece of scum seeking to expand the armies of Hell on Earth. On the other, he's just hijacked your teammate's body, or the body of a respected NPC hero or normal, and turned them into an unstoppable fighting machine that you have to restrain. Add to that, he has no qualms about killing "the unworthy" (liberals, conservatives, non-whites, basically anyone who isn't a racist piece of trash like he is), and you have a time bomb waiting to happen.

And even if you do knock out his current ride, he'll be back, and you never know who he'll be next time.

Note: If you have your own Superman analogue already, especially one with Longevity or Immortality, Soulrider will prefer him to Starrior, especially if he's more powerful. For example, Soulrider would love to get his hands on someone like Always or Legend.

Appearance: An etherial, 19th century Cavalry General with a handlebar mustache and long blonde hair, or whoever his target is.

HDC File in Skaramine's Heroes and Villains

Guest Skaramine

Nope. Not an anagram, but a perfect supervillain for a Mystic Hero campaign.

And me flipping off a piece of human garbage elevated to heroism because he got some bad karma back for murdering unarmed women and children.

Okay, as threatened/promised.

I'm gonna have to look into online storage space if I keep this up, 'cause I'm running out of allowed attachments storage. OddHat, how the heck are you managing all these?

Sibyl

Alternate IDs:

Val Char Cost

25 STR 15

26 DEX 48

23 CON 26

12 BODY 4

18 INT 8

26 EGO 32

25 PRE 15

20 COM 5

12 PD 7

6 ED 1

5 SPD 14

12 REC 4

60 END 7

38 STUN 1

7" RUN 2

2" SWIM 0

5" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 189

Cost Power

55 Foul Weather: Multipower, 55-point reserve

3u 1) Green Lightning: Killing Attack - Ranged 2d6 (vs. ED), +1 STUN Multiplier (+1/4), Indirect (Same origin, any direction; +1/2) (52 Active Points); Beam (-1/4), Requires Open Sky (-1/4)

5u 2) Dead Air: Change Environment 8" radius, -3 PER Roll: Sight Group, -3 PER Roll: Sonar, Long-Lasting: 20 Minutes, Multiple Combat Effects, Megascale (1" = 1 km; +1/4) (54 Active Points) [Notes: Windless Fog]

5u 3) Dead Cold: Change Environment 8" radius, -4 Temperature Level Adjustment, Long-Lasting: 6 Hours, Megascale (1" = 1 km; +1/4) (55 Active Points) [Notes: Windless Chill]

3u 4) Strange Rain: (Total: 52 Active Cost, 34 Real Cost) Change Environment 2" radius, -1 PER Roll: Hearing Group, -1 PER Roll: Sight Group, Multiple Combat Effects, Megascale (1" = 1 km; +1/4) (22 Active Points) (Real Cost: 22) plus +15 PRE, Megascale (1" = 1 km; +1/4), Area Of Effect (2" radius; +3/4) (30 Active Points); Only For Presence Attack (-1), Does Not Add To Base Characteristic (-1/2) (Real Cost: 12) [Notes: Rain of Frogs, Fish, Snakes, Et Cetera]

23 5) Voices of the Dead: Contact (Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Contact has: very useful Skills or resources), Organization Contact (+2) (24 Active Points) 14-

37 Whispers of the Dead: Danger Sense (Area: Any Area, Function as a Sense, Intuitional, Sensitivity: Any Danger) 13-

20 Sight of the Dead: Naked Adder on Sight Group, Hearing Group , Dimensional Sense Modifier (Realm of the Dead)

44 Soul Projection: Clairsentience (Sight Group), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Megascale (1" = 10,000 km; +1 1/4), Can Be Scaled Down: 1" = 1km (+1/4) (110 Active Points); Concentration 0 DCV, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (-1), Blackout (-1/2)

52 Secrets of Life and Death: Multipower, 52-point reserve

2u 1) Secrets of Past and Future: Naked Adder on Clairsentience , Precognition, Retrocognition (40 Active Points); Concentration (0 DCV, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power; -1), Blackout (-1/2)

3u 2) Speak to the Dead: Telepathy 7d6, Transdimensional (Realm of the Dead; +1/2) (52 Active Points); Limited Class Of Minds (Dead; -1/2)

5u 3) Seek the Soul: Mind Scan 7d6, +8 ECV (51 Active Points)

12 Known Souls: Naked Adder on Mind Scan , +8 ECV, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (24 Active Points); Only Vs. Known Minds (-1)

20 Speak to the Soul: Mind Link (Any Willing Target), Any distance

0 Mental Awareness

20 Detect Magic 13-, Discriminatory, Range

Near-Vampire Powers

7 1) Fangs: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 0d6 +1 (plus STR) (vs. PD), Penetrating (+1/2) (7 Active Points) [Notes: ½d6K with STR]

26 2) Drink Blood: Killing Attack - Ranged 1d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), No Normal Defense (vs. not having blood; +1), Continuous (+1) (52 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), Fangs Must Do BODY First (-1/2)

10 3) Claws: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 0 1/2d6 (plus STR) (vs. PD) [Notes: 1d6+1K with STR]

60 4) Unliving Body: Energy & Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50%

21 5) Hard Time Dying: Healing 3 BODY (Resurrection), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (100 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Day (-2 3/4), Self Only (-1/2), Resurrection Only (-1/2)

5 6) Unliving Eyes: Nightvision

2 Unliving Body: Damage Resistance (3 PD/1 ED)

48 Unliving Vitality: Life Support , Eating: Character does not eat, Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents, Immunity: All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents, Longevity: Immortal, Safe in High Pressure, Safe in High Radiation, Safe in Intense Cold, Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum, Self-Contained Breathing, Sleeping: Character does not sleep

Powers Cost: 488

Cost Skill

16 +2 with All Combat

10 +1 Overall

10 Defense Maneuver: I-IV

9 Magic (Power Skill) (INT-based) 16-

3 Analyze: Magic 13-

3 Breakfall 14-

3 Climbing 14-

3 Concealment 13-

3 Deduction 13-

3 High Society 14-

3 Paramedics 13-

3 Persuasion 14-

3 Stealth 14-

3 Teamwork 14-

0 Language: English (idiomatic; Native)

2 Language: Latin (fluent conversation)

2 Language: Welsh (fluent conversation)

2 AK: New York 11-

3 Scholar

2 1) KS: Undead (INT-based) 13-

2 2) KS: Magic (INT-based) 13-

2 3) KS: Weather Magic (INT-based) 13-

2 4) KS: the Circle (INT-based) 13-

2 5) KS: the New Circle (INT-based) 13-

2 6) KS: the Mystic World (INT-based) 13-

Skills Cost: 96

Cost Perk

10 Base: Church of the Weeping Virgin (50 Base, 25 Disad)

3 Well-Connected

2 1) Contact: Johanna Valentine (Contact has: useful Skills or resources) (3 Active Points) 11-

2 2) Contact: Nyssa Tarchaniotes (Contact has: very useful Skills or resources) (3 Active Points) 8-

2 3) Contact: the Master (Contact has: very useful Skills or resources) (3 Active Points) 8-

Perks Cost: 19

Cost Talent

5 Eidetic Memory

3 Simulate Death

Talents Cost: 8

Total Character Cost: 800

Pts. Disadvantage

5 Distinctive Features: Near-Vampire (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

5 Enraged: Nighttime (Uncommon), go 8-, recover 14-

15 Enraged: Sight or Smell of Blood (Uncommon), go 8-, recover 14-, Berserk

15 Hunted: Vampires 11- (As Pow; Harshly Punish)

10 Hunted: Circle of the Scarlet Moon 8- (As Pow; Harshly Punish)

15 Physical Limitation: Cannot Cross Running Water (Frequently; Greatly Impairing)

15 Physical Limitation: Cannot Enter Dwelling Uninvited (Frequently; Greatly Impairing)

10 Distinctive Features: No Reflection (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Uncommonly-Used Senses)

15 Psychological Limitation: Code Vs. Killing (Common; Strong)

10 Psychological Limitation: Hatred of Black Magic (Common; Moderate)

5 Psychological Limitation: Inclined To Take The Law Into Her Own Hands (Uncommon; Moderate)

20 Susceptibility: Sunlight -30 Active Points from Affected Powers, per Turn (Uncommon) [Notes: Affects "Near-Vampire Powers".]

10 Vulnerability: Piercing Wood Weapons (Uncommon; 1 1/2 x STUN; 1 1/x x BODY)

Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 500

Experience Required: 150

Total Experience Available: 150

Background/History: When she had a different name, she was one of the Circle. But she lost that name, along with her life, and maybe her soul as well. When the students of the Master faced the return of the master vampire Gratz, she was one of the chosen brides of the vampire. The Circle defeated Gratz, destroyed him, but at the cost of their own lives.

It was already too late for her. When the Master found her amidst the wreckage, she was neither alive nor undead. Gratz had taken her lifeblood, but not yet given her his own blood and living undeath. She was unalive, not-dead.

The Master took her back and tried to save her, but she was in both the realm of the living and in the realm of the dead. She could not be saved, and it took the aid of a more ruthless woman - and the vampire prophetess Nyssa Tarchaniotes - to show her so.

She left, knowing that she would have to shun the living, for one taste of blood would complete her passage to undeath and she would lose her soul as Gratz and Nyssa had. She fled to the ruined Church of the Weeping Virgin, surrounded by running water she could not escape.

And there she listened to the dead. They thronged around her, for she could see and hear them. Among them were her dead companions of the Circle. The dead victims of Gratz. And the dead victims of the Master.

From the dead she learned of the evils the Master once did - and still did. He had turned from the terrible choices of his past, but still faced terrible choices. He sent out young heroes, even though they might die. As evidenced by the unknowing sacrifice of the Circle. And as shown by his gathering together the New Circle.

She understood the temptation to be willing to sacrifice anything for victory over evil. But she knew it would lead to more deaths, like the deaths her companions had suffered. She listened to the cries of the dead, and chose not to oppose the Master, but to offer another voice to those who might listen...

Personality/Motivation: Sibyl is half-mad as well as half-alive. Her unliving flesh does not tie her closely enough to life, so she sees and hears the dead - and the dead, unfettered by flesh and life, speak to her of things past, present, and future. Sometimes she speaks for them; sometimes she speaks in their voices, as they speak through her.

She is lonely, yet never alone. She needs contact with the living to continue resisting the terrible hunger of her darker nature. Yet she fears closeness with the living, lest her darker nature win and wreak terrible things upon those she loves.

Hunger gnaws at Sibyl - hunger for the blood that she lacks. Her darker nature urges her to give in, to complete the changes that Gratz started, and to succumb to the undeath of the vampire. During the day, she can resist her hunger. But at night, her starvation drives her mad. She lives in the lifeless ruins on her barren island she cannot escape to deny herself even the temptation of blood.

Quote: "What do they tell me? They tell me that Hell has its nine circles, Night Hunter. And you are in only the third Circle."

Powers/Tactics: Sibyl's once-promising weather magic was warped by her half-death; she is now able to evoke unnatural weather almost at will. She has also gained some of the innate powers of the vampire she almost is. Most of the powers she uses come from her half-living, half-dead state. She can see and speak to the spirits of the dead - and they can remember the past, perceive the present, and sense the future. Because her soul is unbound by life, she can project her ghostly spirit, as well.

Sibyl prefers to advise known friends. She listens to the whispers of the dead in her isolated home, then projects her spirit to speak to her friends, warning them of troubles to come. She normally does this during the day, for at night her hunger and the cries of the dead nearly drive her mad. Because she is not wholly a vampire yet, she suffers only some of their limitations - most particularly, her vampiric powers are weakened in daylight, but she is unharmed.

Campaign Use: Sibyl can serve as an advisor and resource to player characters who have developed beyond the need of the Master's supervision. Eventually, the members of the New Circle will need to establish themselves outside their mentor's shadow; Sibyl can provide the route for this to happen. She is isolated on her isle, mostly unknown in the campaign city, until she takes on an advisee. She prefers working with individuals, so she could be a good Contact for a player character, a source of information not available from the Master.

Plot Seed: Sibyl's spirit manifestation begins to appear to warn members of the New Circle of occult dangers. Always it happens when they are apart from the Master. At first she warns of minor threats, but soon she begins warning of things that the Master has not told them of in the missions she sends them on. After her warnings and advice prove reliable time after time, do the player characters confront the Master about it, or keep her contact with them a secret?

Plot Seed: After having advised one of the player characters, Sibyl eventually invites him or her to her isolated, river isle and the Church of the Weeping Virgin. The ruins are abandoned, lifeless, rumored to be haunted but mostly forgotten. In person - during the day - Sibyl will propose an ongoing alliance with the player character. She will provide him with advice and information. Although she asks nothing in return, there are obvious ways to help her. She often has to hide from teenaged hooligans partying on the "haunted isle". The ownership of the island is probably questionable, as well. And, quite simply, Sibyl needs someone living to occasionally talk to. There should be plenty of opportunity to establish a good relationship between characters.

Plot Seed: Instead of seeing no reflection other than those of the dead in the mirrors she gazes into for scrying, Sibyl begins to see her own reflection once again - eyeless, weeping tears of blood she does not have, wracked with sorrow or rage. In the campaign city, homeless children begin gathering in packs to hide, whispering of la Llorona. Evil spirits begin to gather, while all birds other than the ravens and crows fly from the city, more every night. Warm blood begins to fall as rain. Has Sibyl's darker nature won out, or is it the return of the spirit of the Weeping Virgin that haunts her?

Plot Seed: The New Circle has gone missing. As have the bones of the master vampire, Gratz. A new villain appears to menace the campaign city, a young man with both vampiric powers and the powers of one of Sibyl's dead teammates - the teammate who was Gratz's other bride. The Master recruits the player characters to find the New Circle, but Sibyl warns them that it may mean their doom. Or that it may mean the doom of the New Circle, and that the player characters will become yet another Circle in the cycle of doom...

Appearance: Tall, gaunt woman in her twenties, with a haunted expression and usually wearing a threadbare cloak and robe. At night, her features are more pronouncedly vampiric, and during the day she looks even more pale and gaunt. Her projected spirit resembles a ghostly version of her form. When speaking to others, she is often distracted, as though others are talking to her. Occasionally, her voice will change from her own to that of one or more of the dead when she is speaking their words for them.

I absolutely love Sybil. :)

She makes a great alternate advisor for the New Circle, and the idea of a member of one of the fallen Circles having lost faith in the Master and torn between the urge to protect the young heroes who followed her and the urge not to follow the Master's path of grooming young mystics who may someday fall ... very well done.

As to attachment issues, for some reason I don't seem to have any yet. It may be because the Pics I post are actually on my own web site or others. The only attachment space I use is for hdc files.

Weren't there supposed to be some Green Arrow and Black Canaries on the way? :whip:

Anyway, I've been doing new villains for my game, which is mystic-based oddly enough. This idea started as a tribute character, but after some research went wildly afield. I'll give a No-Prize to the first person who guesses the inspiration character (when I can rep you again...). I'll post "hints" if necessary, or if someone guesses I'll post the "hints" earlier. :)

The Fairest

Alternate IDs: Vasilisa Kostcheivna

Val Char Cost

10 STR 0

23 DEX 39

23 CON 26

13 BODY 6

18 INT 8

18 EGO 16

35 PRE 25

30 COM 10

15 PD 4

15 ED 1

5 SPD 17

10 REC 6

45 END 0

30 STUN 0

6" RUN 0

2" SWIM 0

2" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 158

Cost Power

20 I Know All Your Weaknesses: Find Weakness 11- (All Attacks) (30 Active Points); Only Vs. Those Studied In Mirrors (-1/2)

10 ... And I'll Tell Them: Naked Advantage on Find Weakness, Usable By Other (+1/4), Ranged (+1/2) (22 Active Points); Incantations, Requires Incantations throughout (-1/2), Only Vs. Those Studied In Mirrors (-1/2), Limited Range (within voice range; -1/4)

35 I've Watched You In My Mirrors: Multipower, 61-point reserve, all slots: (61 Active Points); Conditional Power (Power does not work unless prepared beforehand; -1/2), IIF (-1/4)

2u 1) I Know What You're Afraid Of: Mind Control 7d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Invisible Power Effects (Mental Group; +1/2) (61 Active Points); Set Effect (Afraid; -1/2), Eye Contact Required (-1/2), Does Not Provide Mental Awareness (-1/4)

3u 2) I Know What Hurts You: Energy Blast 5d6, Variable Special Effects (specific weaknesses; +1/4), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Variable Advantage (+1/2 Advantages Limited Group of Advantages (NND vs. Extraordinarily Common Defense; +3/4) (56 Active Points)

3u 3) I Know What Stops You: Dispel 11d6, Expanded Effect (One Power At A Time; +1/4), Variable Special Effects (specific weaknesses; +1/4), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (58 Active Points)

18 Charmed Life: Combat Luck (9 PD/9 ED)

15 Charmed Life: Luck 3d6

4 Kostchei's Daughter: Life Support , Longevity: 1600 Years

15 Baba Yaga's Granddaughter: Power Defense (15 points)

8 Strong-Willed: +4 with EGO Rolls

8 Without Flaws: Lack Of Weakness (-4) for Normal & Resistant Defenses

40 Mirror Magic: Multipower, 60-point reserve, all slots: (60 Active Points); Requires A Magic Skill Roll (-1/2)

2u 1) Steal Your Soul: Drain EGO 2d6, Delayed Return Rate (points return at the rate of 5 per Month) (+2) (60 Active Points); Conditional Power (requires target to be reflected in mirror; -1 1/2)

2u 2) Whispers Through Mirrors: Mental Illusions 12d6 (60 Active Points); Limited Class Of Minds (anyone reflected in her mirrors; -1), Does Not Provide Mental Awareness (-1/4)

2u 3) Steal Your Reflection: Shapeshift (Sight Group; Imitation, Instant Change, Variety of Shapes: Any Shape), Costs END Only To Change Shape (+1/4) (56 Active Points); Conditional Power (requires target to be reflected in mirror; -1)

2u 4) Through The Looking Glass: Extra-Dimensional Movement (Single Dimension), Ranged (+1/2), Line Of Sight (+1/2), Usable As Attack (+1) (60 Active Points); Conditional Power (requires target to be reflected in mirror; -1 1/2)

3u 5) Lilith's Mirror: Teleportation 6", No Relative Velocity, Safe Blind Teleport (+1/4), Megascale (1" = 10,000 km; +1 1/4), Can Be Scaled Down: 1" = 1km (+1/4) (60 Active Points); OAF of Opportunity (mirror) (-1/2), Can Only Teleport To Other Mirrors (-1/4)

1u 6) Speak Through Mirrors: Mind Link (Anyone Reflected In Her Mirrors), Any distance (15 Active Points); Does Not Provide Mental Awareness (-1/4)

Archenemy Options, (Real Cost: 20) [Notes: Chose one of following options.]

0 1) I Know Your Every Move: (Total: 10 Active Cost, 0 Real Cost) (Real Cost: -20) plus +3 with Find Weakness; Only Vs. Those Studied In Mirrors (-1/2) (Real Cost: 10) plus Danger Sense (Intuitional, Sensitivity: Out of Combat); Only Vs. Those Studied In Mirrors (-1/2) 13- (Real Cost: 10) [Notes: As archenemy of Brick or Martial Artist.]

0 2) Mirror Images: +5 with DCV; Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) [Notes: As archenemy of Energy Blaster or Weapons Master.]

0 3) Reflective Mind: +4 with Defensive ECV [Notes: As archenemy of Mentalist or Mystic.]

0 4) I Knew You'd Do That: (Total: 10 Active Cost, 0 Real Cost) (Real Cost: -20) plus +3 with All Combat; Only Vs. Those Studied In Mirrors (-1/2) (Real Cost: 16) plus Lightning Reflexes: +4 DEX to act first with All Actions; Only When Attacking Those Studied In Mirrors (-1/2) (Real Cost: 4) [Notes: As archenemy of Speedster.]

Equipment

0 1) The Witch's Mirror: (Total: 61 Active Cost, 0 Real Cost) Detect "The Fairest" 13-, (Mystic Group), Analyze, Discriminatory, Range, Telescopic (+30), Usable Simultaneously (x4 Number of Targets +1); OAF Bulky (-1 1/2), Sense Also Affected As Sight Group (-1/4) (Real Cost: 35) plus (Real Cost: -35) [Notes: Shows the fairest in the land.]

0 2) Alasnam's Mirror: (Total: 22 Active Cost, 0 Real Cost) Detect Virtue 20-, (Mystic Group), Analyze, Discriminatory, Range; OAF Bulky (-1 1/2), Only Vs. Those Reflected In Mirror (-1/2), Sense Also Affected As Sight Group (-1/4) (Real Cost: 10) plus (Real Cost: -10) [Notes: Shows the virtue of those reflected.]

0 3) Cambuscan's Mirror: (Total: 22 Active Cost, 0 Real Cost) Detect Friend or Foe 20-, (Mystic Group), Analyze, Discriminatory, Range; OAF Bulky (-1 1/2), Only Vs. Those Reflected In Mirror (-1/2), Sense Also Affected As Sight Group (-1/4) (Real Cost: 10) plus (Real Cost: -10) [Notes: Shows if those reflected are friend or foe.]

0 4) Merlin's Mirror: (Total: 159 Active Cost, 0 Real Cost) Mind Scan 8d6, +18 ECV, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2); OAF Bulky (-1 1/2), Requires A Magic Skill Roll (-1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power; -1/2), Limited Class Of Minds (Friends or Foes; -1/2), Does Not Provide Mental Awareness (-1/4), Sense Also Affected As Sight Group (-1/4) (Real Cost: 25) plus Clairsentience (Sight And Mystic Groups), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Invisible Power Effects (Fully Invisible; +1), Usable Simultaneously (x4 Number of Targets +1); OAF Bulky (-1 1/2), Linked to Mind Scan (-1/2) (Real Cost: 35) plus (Real Cost: -60) [Notes: Shows any friend or foe.]

0 5) Prester John's Mirror: (Total: 100 Active Cost, 0 Real Cost) Clairsentience (Sight And Mystic Groups), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Usable Simultaneously (x4 Number of Targets +1), Invisible Power Effects (Fully Invisible; +1), Megascale (1" = 10,000 km; +1 1/4), Can Be Scaled Down: 1" = 1km (+1/4); OAF Bulky (-1 1/2), Requires A Magic Skill Roll (-1/2) (Real Cost: 50) plus (Real Cost: -50) [Notes: Shows anything anywhere in the land.]

0 6) Mirror of Nemesis: (Total: 230 Active Cost, 0 Real Cost) Duplication (creates 450-point form), Cannot Recombine (+0), Ranged (+1/2), Line Of Sight (+1/2), Usable As Attack (+1); 1 Recoverable Charges which Recover every 1 Month (-2 1/4), Conditional Power (requires target to be reflected in Mirror of Nemesis; -2), OAF Bulky (-1 1/2) (Real Cost: 40) plus (Real Cost: -40) [Notes: Summons evil mirror-image of those reflected.]

Powers Cost: 213

Cost Skill

17 Magic (Power Skill) (INT-based) 20-

3 Acting 16-

3 Conversation 16-

3 High Society 16-

3 Persuasion 16-

3 Seduction 16-

3 Tactics 13-

2 AK: Russia 11-

2 CuK: Russians 11-

3 PS: Dancing (DEX-based) 14-

3 PS: Singing (PRE-based) 16-

3 Linguist

0 1) Language: Russian (idiomatic; Native)

2 2) Language: English (completely fluent)

2 3) Language: French (completely fluent)

2 4) Language: German (completely fluent)

1 5) Language: Greek (fluent conversation)

3 Scholar

2 1) KS: Russian Legends (INT-based) 13-

2 2) KS: Magic (INT-based) 13-

2 3) KS: Mirrors (INT-based) 13-

Skills Cost: 64

Cost Perk

4 Contact: Baba Yaga (Contact has: extremely useful Skills or resources) 8-

4 Contact: Kostchei the Deathless (Contact has: very useful Skills or resources, Good relationship with Contact) 8-

10 Money: Wealthy

7 Equipment: the Witch's Mirror (35 Base, 0 Disad)

2 Equipment: Alasnam's Mirror (10 Base, 0 Disad)

2 Equipment: Cambuscan's Mirror (10 Base, 0 Disad)

12 Equipment: Merlin's Mirror (60 Base, 0 Disad)

10 Equipment: Prester John's Mirror (50 Base, 0 Disad)

8 Equipment (40 Base, 0 Disad)

Perks Cost: 59

Cost Talent

3 Lightsleep

3 Perfect Pitch

Talents Cost: 6

Total Character Cost: 500

Pts. Disadvantage

5 Distinctive Features: Beautiful (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

15 Enraged: Thwarted by [player character] (Uncommon), go 14-, recover 14-

15 Hunted: The New Circle 8- (Mo Pow; Harshly Punish)

10 Hunted: [player character] 8- (As Pow; Harshly Punish)

15 Hunted: Tezcatlipoca 8- (Mo Pow; Harshly Punish)

20 Psychological Limitation: Must Be The Fairest (Common; Total)

15 Psychological Limitation: Hunts [player character] (Common; Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Obsessed With Mirrors (Very Common; Moderate)

5 Reputation: Sleeping Beauty 8-

15 Rivalry: Professional ([player character]; Rival is As Powerful; Seek to Harm or Kill Rival; Rival Aware of Rivalry; Rival is a Player Character)

20 Vulnerability: 2 x STUN Disfiguring Attacks or Face-Shots (Common)

Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 350

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Background/History: Vasilisa Kostcheivna, onetime Sleeping Beauty, lived happily ever after with Prince Ilya - with the Witch's Mirror covered and set aside. But while Ilya was mortal, Vasilisa was the daughter of Kostchei the Deathless, the granddaughter of Baba Yaga. Ilya died; she was lonely. She looked into the Witch's Mirror.

She was no longer the Fairest.

She began to search for other mirrors, to find one that would prove she was the Fairest. She spent days, months, years, learning from reflections. Nothing helped. If she was to be the Fairest, she would have to see to it herself...

Personality/Motivation: Although once she was innocent and beautiful, time has cost her innocence, and holding on to her beauty has slowly poisoned her soul. Perhaps it was the witch's curse, but the Fairest is now obsessed with the fact that she is no longer "the fairest in the land". Even so, she has not realized that she has become the witch in her modern day tale.

She was always spoiled - as a child, she wanted for nothing. She was saved from dying by the Hunter. She was cared for by the Little Men. She was rescued by Prince Ilya. Not being "the fairest in the land" is the first time she has been denied something she really wanted. It is not surprising she has conceived a petty, childish hatred toward the one who now IS "the fairest in the land".

When not obsessing over her enemy, the Fairest is surprisingly sweet, reasonable, and charismatic. Just occasionally liable to fly into a rage over her enemy.

Quote: "Mirror, mirror on the wall... NOW who is the fairest, of them all?"

Powers/Tactics: Most of the Fairest's threatening powers come from her taking time to study her enemies beforehand. Faced with someone she is not familiar with, she will be ineffectual. Against a known enemy, though, she can use her "I've Watched You In My Mirrors" powers to be devastating. Preferably, she will carefully set up her enemies, so that they fall victim to dangers and situations that can't be traced back to her. She prefers to operate behind the scenes, the puppet-mistress pulling the strings. When she confronts her enemy, she will do her best to ensure that they are alone, while all her enemy's allies are distracted. The Fairest is unlikely to last for long in combat, so she always has a plan ready for her escape (e.g., through any nearby mirror).

With all her mirrors granting her excellent intelligence, the Fairest should be allowed to know whatever is going on. She can then meddle to exploit this to her advantage. While she will rarely be the main opponent of an adventure, she can make otherwise ordinary adventures take a suddenly dangerous and unexpected twist.

Campaign Use: The Fairest is intended to be an archenemy for a superheroine. She is not deadly, but will be able to challenge her chosen foe whenever she shows up. Choose one of the "Archenemy Options" listed that best matches the powers of her chosen foe; these options should prevent her foe from easily defeating the Fairest when they face each other. Optimally, her enemy would have Susceptibilities or Vulnerabilities for her to exploit. And even if her enemy does not have a higher COM than the Fairest, she might be "fairer" because of her innate virtue (which the Fairest has lost by now).

She can easily be upgraded to master villainess by giving her some minions. An armed band of seven Dark Dwarves (adapted from Monsters, Minions, and Marauders) would be appropriate. She could also ally herself as a member of a villain team, joined together to defeat the superhero team that her foe is a member of. For either option, she would make sure to carefully study her opponents beforehand, and adjust her plans accordingly. When working in conjunction with other villains, the Fairest can be especially dangerous because of her ",,, And I'll Tell Them" power.

Plot Seed: The Fairest manages to capture the reflection of her enemy in the Mirror of Nemesis (possibly by reflecting Merlin's Mirror into the Mirror of Nemesis). She unleashes the "evil twin" mirror image of the player character onto the campaign city. As her reputation is being tarnished by her evil twin's villainy, her teammates in the New Circle are unable to tell them apart. It is only in their final confrontation that everyone can notice the evil twin is the mirror image of the player character.

Plot Seed: The Fairest wants Tezcatlipoca's obsidian Smoking Mirror - which can reveal the darkest secrets and darkest nature of those reflected in it. She sets up her enemy and the New Circle for a confrontation with Tezcatlipoca, deliberately leaking information to them from her observation of Tezcatlipoca himself. Then, when they are about to defeat Tezcatlipoca's schemes, she offers him information about the vulnerabilities of the New Circle - but at a price. However, she does not reveal her enemy's weaknesses to Tezcatlipoca; she wants to defeat her enemy herself.

Plot Seed: The Fairest has discovered Archimedes' plans for his Burning Mirrors - the means that legend says he used to destroy an invading Roman fleet at Syracuse in 212 BC. The mirrors redirect and focus sunlight into immensely destructive rays. She gives the mirrors to enemies of the New Circle. Then, while these villains are using their new toys and the New Circle is trying to stop them, she arranges for her enemy to be caught alone to face her, and determine who will be the Fairest of them all...

Appearance: Beautiful, regal woman with snow-white skin, coal-black hair, sapphire-blue eyes, and blood-red lips.