Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

Well he's the 1% of the 1% who give a lick about anything else :)

Now that he has his, he's *finally* giving a like about someone else?

In a world gone mad' date=' where organized crime has become synonymous with big business, the genius who spends his fortune building rocket ships and electric cars is a role model, not a super-villain.[/quote']

Why is no one crying out for the unfair means which he must have used to amass this fortune? It could only have been though oppressive means that cheated others out of their hard-fought earnings! And now that he's set for life, his throwing small treats to the masses makes it all okay? :tisk:

:nya:;)

Now that he has his, he's *finally* giving a like about someone else?

Why is no one crying out for the unfair means which he must have used to amass this fortune? It could only have been though oppressive means that cheated others out of their hard-fought earnings! And now that he's set for life, his throwing small treats to the masses makes it all okay? :tisk:

:nya:;)

Nah, he's a guy who decided there were needs for the world - and then went about addressing them amassing a fortune in doing so. And then he put his fortune to use advancing the causes he believes in - space exploration (planetary colonization to be exact) but also trying to conserve our planet - Tesla Roadsters. He's a new age hippie with business acumen; he built his fortune providing a service (not gambling on derivatives) using technicians and engineers not necessarily outsourcing his manufacturing to third world countries - though to be fair, I don't know who makes his autoparts or rocket parts so I may have painted an overly romantic view of the guy.

I don't hate all of the 1%; but I could easily show you a majority of them I find rather offensive on some level or another.

Probably could do that with the other 99% too. I have higher expectations of humanity.

I must be odd -- all my nerves go to my brain. ;)

In the meantime they take detours; parts of your body share nerves. This is why, for example, eating ice cream can give you a headache (or so I've heard). If that happens, just warm of the roof of your mouth with your tongue. (I found that out myself).

Your tongue is usually cold too when you're eating ice cream once the headache starts. You just have to stop eating for a minute or two' date=' then eat slower to prevent its return.[/quote']

The tongue warms up faster and doesn't get as cold. All those blood vessels and being basically a muscle with taste buds.

Board game?

The Salute show in London celebrating its 40th year.

Game 1 I got into has 6 teams of mercenaries, terrorists and government special ops trying to get some tech out of a bunker. Problem is the tech marker could also be a Weeping Angel (Dr Who). One group woke one up and managed to put a satchel charge around its neck and were almost ok. Then they failed a blink test and it tore through that team. One of my guys found one in a room so I locked the character in there with it. He got out. Managed to kill members of the Russian team and several of the Islamic terrorists although one did for one of my guys with an explosive vest.

Game 2 is a motorway and the spectrum agents (Scarlet, Blue, Yellow and Green) are trying to get Colonel White and the World President to the airport. Problem is the Mysterons are trying to stop them. And each turn one of the Spectrum agents becomes the Mysteron. This means they get to turn a random vehicle into a Mysteron vessel and try to stop the Spectrum security vehicle getting to the airport. Basically you have 4 sections of road and it will roll if your vehicle gets off before the president's vehicle does. Oh and the Spectrum vehicles have guns to shoot the bad guys while the NMysterons also have a helicoptor to shoot at people. It was fun.

The Salute show in London celebrating its 40th year.

Game 1 I got into has 6 teams of mercenaries, terrorists and government special ops trying to get some tech out of a bunker. Problem is the tech marker could also be a Weeping Angel (Dr Who). One group woke one up and managed to put a satchel charge around its neck and were almost ok. Then they failed a blink test and it tore through that team. One of my guys found one in a room so I locked the character in there with it. He got out. Managed to kill members of the Russian team and several of the Islamic terrorists although one did for one of my guys with an explosive vest.

Game 2 is a motorway and the spectrum agents (Scarlet, Blue, Yellow and Green) are trying to get Colonel White and the World President to the airport. Problem is the Mysterons are trying to stop them. And each turn one of the Spectrum agents becomes the Mysteron. This means they get to turn a random vehicle into a Mysteron vessel and try to stop the Spectrum security vehicle getting to the airport. Basically you have 4 sections of road and it will roll if your vehicle gets off before the president's vehicle does. Oh and the Spectrum vehicles have guns to shoot the bad guys while the NMysterons also have a helicoptor to shoot at people. It was fun.

Sounds fun.

I watched one of the students in my mechanics class in the help room get told how to do a problem by another physics faculty member. At the end of the explanation' date=' the student said, "I have no idea how you just got that." I felt both anxious and relieved. Annoyed, because it is my class in which she's failed to learn that stuff; relieved, because the other instructor went through the same free-body-diagram-and-force-equations song and dance as I would have and she still didn't get it. So my colleague, in this instance, has the same response ... and effectiveness ... to the student problems as I have. Cold comfort, perhaps, but you take what you can get.[/quote']

You can't fix stupid.

No argument, but at times one is haunted by the fear that you left something important out, or that for some reason you start speaking in Fzrgtprtz instead of English at the start of every lecture. That would be reinforced if the other guys said what you did (or what you thought you did) and suddenly the students got it.