Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

Ok I'm a bit bitter tonight. And tomorrow it may all be corrected. But I'm not holding my breath (cause holding my breath for 15 hours is impossible)

My brother, when he's trying to prop up my rapidly failing self-esteem, likes to call me a rock star. If that is true. I'm the guy who left the band before they got big. The one who people talk about in 'where are they now' shows.

My single greatest talent is screwing up my life.

I thought you were the rock star who got stuck in the giant cocoon on stage and couldn't break out until after the song was over.

JG

I thought you were the rock star who got stuck in the giant cocoon on stage and couldn't break out until after the song was over.

JG

No' date=' he's the one that's supposed to dance around the 18" foam Stonehenge model.[/quote']

Ok that's perfect. I had forgotten how well chosen my avatar was :)

Look at the bright side: it is stable and as bug-free as anything is likely to get. And as "the tool of development professionals everywhere", you aren't going to get blindsided by "features" with asinine defaults, collateral-damage settings, and nonexistent documentation.

Wow' date=' there are some serious privacy concerns with Kindle Fire and Silk.[/quote']

"Fire isn’t a noun, it’s a verb, and it’s what Amazon has done in the targeted direction of Google. This is the first shot in the new war for replacing the Internet with a privatized merchant data-aggregation network." -- Chris Espinosa

Look at the bright side: it is stable and as bug-free as anything is likely to get. And as "the tool of development professionals everywhere"' date=' you aren't going to get blindsided by "features" with asinine defaults, collateral-damage settings, and nonexistent documentation.[/quote']

And no annoying paperclip!

I used to do that before a relative of mine found the corrupt-your-file-if-you-save-too-often Word bug.

A close relative of the "Word makes you rename the document if you save it too many times" bug, no doubt.

How about setting the autosave to "go off" every 5 minutes?