Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

Do you really want to have more Manilow ?

What I was paraphrasing was from the Manilow oeuvre.
Not a Manilow or White fan, so ok to drop it. :)

THough I do like David Boreanaz's version of Mandy from Angel

Apple's iBooks lets you put PDFs into your iPhone' date=' and they're searchable. I now have all of my Hero Games PDFs on my phone.[/quote']

Yep. Another feature I like about iBooks.

I put by travel documents to/from Singapore (airline e-receipt/accommodation receipts) as well as my book wishlists. To be about to search on these to find a book I have previously recorded by vaguely remember after seeing it in the book store is a treasure. That trip to Singapore I picked up two books recorded on those wishlists.

I really am not in tune with 20 something culture. I don't get drunk or high' date=' I think anarchists and other utopians are goofy kids, I'm unimpressed by ideological passion. I find Adult Swim unwatchable. Maybe I'm just not in tune with American culture.[/quote'] I too find Adult Swim unwatchable.

From today's Abstruse Goose: WARNING for language!!

Of course, I never gave a you-know-what about Whitman's stuff....

That's awesome. If I ever teach English again, that's going in the lesson plan. (Along with the fact the all of Emily Dickinson's poems can be sung to The Yellow Rose of Texas.)

At long last' date=' my quest for the fabled [b']Coconut M&Ms[/b] has come to an triumphant finish.

[nomnomnomnom]

Mmmmm... coconut...

:idjit:

Ick. I can't stand coconut. I think it is a sin to waste perfectly good chocolate on coconut.

Some things about taste are inborn. My brother has hated coconut almost from the day he was born. I gather there used to be more baby food products that had coconut as a flavoring than there are now; he'd always spit those out.

Me, I like coconut, but it isn't the best thing for me.

June and July are usually cool in the San Francisco area' date=' but this year it has been unusually cold even for this time. I heard this is the coldest summer in 40 years.[/quote']

While in the Washington DC area, its one of the hottest Summer's on record. We've had lots bad thunderstorms, too.