Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

Just as well. I'd have to hunt you down and tickle you to death* if it was on purpose.

* Yes, the punishment for purposeful punning and bad jokes is being tickled. Ask Josh; I'm quite relentless.

have you read the Let's Have Some Pun thread. it was a few years ago and some good jokes too.

That's what bugs me. Many women' date=' when they leave the john lid-up, seem to think "the seat is down - I'm set for next time" and then get all cranky when it's not exactly how they left it. As if it's the men's responsibility to set it all up for themselves, then re-set it up for the chicks when they leave. Screw that. Lid-down makes both sexes work equally, looks 100% nicer and (gasp) is what the toilet is designed to do.[/quote']

Bad mojo to leave the toiled lid up. Cleansed spirits then have access to the rest of your home.

That's what bugs me. Many women' date=' when they leave the john lid-up, seem to think "the seat is down - I'm set for next time" and then get all cranky when it's not exactly how they left it. As if it's the men's responsibility to set it all up for themselves, then re-set it up for the chicks when they leave. Screw that. Lid-down makes both sexes work equally, looks 100% nicer and (gasp) is what the toilet is designed to do.[/quote']

Fortunately, my wife doesn't get upset if I leave it up, though I don't.

That would indeed be a punishment. I'm less ticklish than I once was, but still quite susceptible.

I wonder how long one could be tickled before going numb...or dying (well, I suppose one would pass out, really)?

. . . Our dad liked to tickle us when we were kids. Especially Son #3, who was very sensitive. He was tickled so much, he developed a Pavlovian response - Pop just had to wag his fingers in his direction for #3 to break down laughing. Pop was pleased, he liked being able to tickle someone from five meters away, without having to get up outta the chair.

True story. :straight:

The argument that men should, as a defacto rule of nature, leave the toilet seat down rings tragically hollow. While it may be more convenient for the ladies (though just flipping it down takes what - half a second?), it is equally inconvenient for a man, half-asleep in the dark in the middle of the night, to have to feel for it to flip it up (and runs the risk of plunging his hand into the cold and unsanitary water, which is not the case in the inverse scenario of flipping it down).

LEAVE IT UP!

LEAVE IT UP!

LEAVE IT UP!

LEAVE IT UP!

LEAVE IT UP!

LEAVE IT UP!

LEAVE IT UP!

LEAVE IT UP!

LEAVE IT UP!

LEAVE IT UP!

LEAVE IT UP!

LEAVE IT UP!

LEAVE IT UP!

LEAVE IT UP!

LEAVE IT UP!

My wife thinks the whole debate is stupid. And she doesn't care insofar as it isn't - up or down - being done to make a point.

Do what I did with one girlfriend... don't bother lifting it up when you go men. Then leave - hey you lef the seat down.

Next time she sat down ... wow the scream could be heard for miles. Never once bugged me about leaving the seat up again. Guess better a second checking to flip it down than a wet butt. :eg:

My wife .. doesn't care. But our seat doesn't stay up anyway, stupid old toilet needs to be replaced.

Do what I did with one girlfriend... don't bother lifting it up when you go men. Then leave - hey you lef the seat down.

Next time she sat down ... wow the scream could be heard for miles. Never once bugged me about leaving the seat up again. Guess better a second checking to flip it down than a wet butt. :eg:

My wife .. doesn't care. But our seat doesn't stay up anyway, stupid old toilet needs to be replaced.

Well, yes, that's exactly why I'd rather the seat was left up than the seat was left wet. Luckily, I ALWAYS check the seat before I sit, so I spotted the wet before sitting, and cleaned it up.

What bothers me the most about this happening at work, though, is that there are 2 bathrooms at work. One has a small cabinet for holding feminine supplies (and has some emergency supplies in there); the other does not. Therefore, one would surmise, that's technically the ladies' room. They're not marked, only because if one's taken, they're more flexible than that. But it's the one in the default-ladies' bathroom that I find up, on average, twice a day. They can do whatever they like to the seat of the other one, and will never hear a peep from me. But leaving it up in the technical ladies' room, or leaving it wet . . . rrrrgh.

Precisely.

Because the end was hidden behind the roll of toilet paper. The roll also obscured the floor beneath it, from my angle.

Figuring it had just rolled backwards, I rolled it forward, figuring the end would eventually come around.

By the time I realized they'd installed their TP backwards, there was WAY more than I needed unrolled and on the floor.

Also, it's harder to tear off one-handed if it's backwards.

I guess that is the difference between assuming everyone does it one way or the other, and assuming that everyone does things differently. I always check, so haven't had that kind of problem. Nor have I had any problem with the one-handed tear off either way.

I do find it somewhat amusing how vehement those that have an opinion on this get. One of the more common differences of opinion that I've seen people insist that those with a different opinion are actually wrong. But then again I've always been somewhat easily amused... :D

After having her daughter, Heidi (my wife) has to go to the bathroom. A lot.

She often has to get up in the middle of the night for 'relief'. We have a night light in the bathroom, but it is weak so the rest of the rooms off that hallway don't need their doors shut to have it dark.

Our children use those rooms and we'd rather not have their doors shut in case something happens.

So, if I leave the seat up... and it is too dark for her to realize... She 'falls in'. The alternative is much easier to live with.

She does most everything around the house and works as much as I do. I can step up and put down the toilet seat.

*cheers*

Here's to you, Beautiful.

I guess that is the difference between assuming everyone does it one way or the other, and assuming that everyone does things differently. I always check, so haven't had that kind of problem. Nor have I had any problem with the one-handed tear off either way.

I do find it somewhat amusing how vehement those that have an opinion on this get. One of the more common differences of opinion that I've seen people insist that those with a different opinion are actually wrong. But then again I've always been somewhat easily amused... :D

Hey, don't laugh; two women once got into a fistfight about it in a ladies' room over this very subject.

Hey' date=' don't laugh; two women once got into a fistfight about it in a ladies' room over this very subject.[/quote']

Doesn't surprise me in the least. But I still find it at least vaguely amusing. I'm strange that way.

But then again I was vaguely amused when I saw two people just barely avoid a fist fight in a fast food restaurant. It was set up with a single line feeding into multiple registers. The line was kind of long, but moving well. Someone walks in and simply ignores the line and goes up to one of the registers and stands behind the person being helped there. The person at the front of the queue flipped out.

So see, I have an odd sense of humour...

The argument that men should, as a defacto rule of nature, leave the toilet seat down rings tragically hollow. While it may be more convenient for the ladies (though just flipping it down takes what - half a second?), it is equally inconvenient for a man, half-asleep in the dark in the middle of the night, to have to feel for it to flip it up (and runs the risk of plunging his hand into the cold and unsanitary water, which is not the case in the inverse scenario of flipping it down).

LEAVE IT UP!

LEAVE IT UP!

LEAVE IT UP!

LEAVE IT UP!

LEAVE IT UP!

LEAVE IT UP!

LEAVE IT UP!

LEAVE IT UP!

LEAVE IT UP!

LEAVE IT UP!

LEAVE IT UP!

LEAVE IT UP!

LEAVE IT UP!

LEAVE IT UP!

LEAVE IT UP!

My wife thinks the whole debate is stupid. And she doesn't care insofar as it isn't - up or down - being done to make a point.

I never ever really had the issue of plunging my hand into the water! :nonp:

I never ever really had the issue of plunging my hand into the water! :nonp:

Nor have I. Though I've also never "fell in" when going into the bathroom in the middle of the night. Even half asleep I still check the position of the seat. But apparantly I'm some sort of freaky mutant... :D

Doesn't surprise me in the least. But I still find it at least vaguely amusing. I'm strange that way.

But then again I was vaguely amused when I saw two people just barely avoid a fist fight in a fast food restaurant. It was set up with a single line feeding into multiple registers. The line was kind of long, but moving well. Someone walks in and simply ignores the line and goes up to one of the registers and stands behind the person being helped there. The person at the front of the queue flipped out.

So see, I have an odd sense of humour...

I made a comment to someone about doing that in front of me. They looked over, apologized, and went to the back of the line.