Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

Apparently you've never unfurled half a roll of toilet paper trying to find the end of it.

Oh, that's a hardware problem, not a human problem. The bearings on the paper roller are too good. Take the roller out, stomp on it a few times, and the problem is solved. :D

If only it were that simple . . .

Putting the seat back down requires touching it, and the underside of a toilet seat is often dirtier than the top of it. So it's a matter of making a girl touch something very icky.

Which, if the bathroom is kept quite clean, is moot.

Well, girls are not the only people that use the toilet with the seat down. And I'll also point out that lifting it also requires touching the bottom of the seat. So it seems to me that the important part is to keep the bathroom clean, rather than what position the seat is in.

Because if the roll is installed backwards' date=' it's possible for the end to be concealed behind the roll. This is indescribably irritating.[/quote']

Ah. I've seen that happen with it installed both ways. The problem is that in a lot of cases the attraction of TP to TP is greater than the pull of gravity. I must be doing something wrong, 'cause I've never had much problem finding the end of the roll. *shrug*

I'd agree with both of those statements.

Oddly enough, in my personal experience it has seemed that the females for whom I have had an opportunity to check have been more likely to leave the toilet unflushed than men. Assuming of course that it is just urine that has been left in the bowl. I have been fortunate enough not to have seen enough floaters left to be able to notice any trends about who is more likely to do so. :eek:

Funny, I would say the same thing. Also, my wife is way more likely to leave the toilet lid up than I am (not the part that covers the bowl itself, but the actual top lid).

I think in general guys are more prone to be lazy about cleaning in general, but more likely to have decent ongoing habits to the extent they have them at all, whereas women seem to be vice-versa - to VERY BROADLY generalize, and by no means to suggest there's not lots of variations.

I remember a male friend of mine who roomed with 3 women - he said it was annoying with used tampons and so on just laying around.

My very Caucasian neighbor has a teenaged boy (around 15) who seems to be playing a game called "How black can I be without actually having my skin permanently dyed brown". I want to tell him that he's pathetic' date=' but I'm not sure how to go about it.[/quote']

You jus' be buggin' 'cause the kid has got the tip about THE MAN! SUCKA!! PEACE OUT, BOYYYYY!

The loose end must come forward over the top of the roll. To install the roll backwards is a capital crime.

Precisely.

I'm curious how you managed it.

Because the end was hidden behind the roll of toilet paper. The roll also obscured the floor beneath it, from my angle.

Figuring it had just rolled backwards, I rolled it forward, figuring the end would eventually come around.

By the time I realized they'd installed their TP backwards, there was WAY more than I needed unrolled and on the floor.

Also, it's harder to tear off one-handed if it's backwards.

Like nearly all my puns' date=' it was just AFTER I wrote it that I realized. I think my subconscious puns but my conscious doesn't.[/quote']

Just as well. I'd have to hunt you down and tickle you to death* if it was on purpose.

* Yes, the punishment for purposeful punning and bad jokes is being tickled. Ask Josh; I'm quite relentless.

Just as well. I'd have to hunt you down and tickle you to death* if it was on purpose.

* Yes, the punishment for purposeful punning and bad jokes is being tickled. Ask Josh; I'm quite relentless.

That would indeed be a punishment. I'm less ticklish than I once was, but still quite susceptible.

I wonder how long one could be tickled before going numb...or dying (well, I suppose one would pass out, really)?

Also' date=' my wife is way more likely to leave the toilet lid up than I am (not the part that covers the bowl itself, but the actual top lid).[/quote']

That's what bugs me. Many women, when they leave the john lid-up, seem to think "the seat is down - I'm set for next time" and then get all cranky when it's not exactly how they left it. As if it's the men's responsibility to set it all up for themselves, then re-set it up for the chicks when they leave. Screw that. Lid-down makes both sexes work equally, looks 100% nicer and (gasp) is what the toilet is designed to do.

Yep.. the TP must be installed Over, as in the loose end goes Over the Top.

I've gone so far as to reverse it in peoplpes houses where they have installed it incorrectly.

Wow' date=' okay, I bow to you! I'm nowhere near that anal![/quote']*groan*

That really is a sh!tty joke. :P

Yep.. the TP must be installed Over, as in the loose end goes Over the Top.

I've gone so far as to reverse it in peoplpes houses where they have installed it incorrectly.

Wow' date=' okay, I bow to you! I'm nowhere near that anal![/quote']*groan*

That really is a sh!tty joke. :P