Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

any english translations of Drakar och Demoner? cute name. Dragons and Demons?

Yup! We'll make a swede of you yet, gewing! Then you wouldn't even wanna touch a gun for the rest of your life! :D

I did some quich searching, but I can't find anything about any english translations. Which is all the same, because the system frankly wasn't that much to take home to Momma.

I'm gonna get slammed for that statement someday, I just know it . . . :angst:

Weirdness at work' date=' part deux. A guy (a regular, none-the-less, not some random passerby) walks into my cafeteria today and asks me whether we have [i']condoms[/i] for sale. Oh, uhm.

Come to think of it... maybe he was making a pass at me? :angst:

Well, a man desperate for a condom will check anywhere. I could tell a story but I won't...except to say a long time ago my SO and I were on a rather urgent search...

Yup! We'll make a swede of you yet, gewing! Then you wouldn't even wanna touch a gun for the rest of your life! :D

I did some quich searching, but I can't find anything about any english translations. Which is all the same, because the system frankly wasn't that much to take home to Momma.

I'm gonna get slammed for that statement someday, I just know it . . . :angst:

Well, I had three years of High School German, and Germanic is Germanic.

:P :p

I wish I could afford to by AND repair a Volvo. I am one of those people who actually LIKES station wagons.

And if I could buy an iirc Volvo Flygmotor Drakken or Viggen...

:eg:

Well' date=' a man desperate for a condom will check anywhere. I could tell a story but I won't...except to say a long time ago my SO and I were on a rather urgent search...[/quote']

To put things in contest:

- The guy lives in that block, I'd think he knows it fairly well, and...

- There's a drug store right across the street (no more than 30 ft from our door) with a condom vending machine none-the-less.

To put things in contest:

- The guy lives in that block, I'd think he knows it fairly well, and...

- There's a drug store right across the street (no more than 30 ft from our door) with a condom vending machine none-the-less.

Ah, well, then, that's weird/stupid.

Ah' date=' okay, she did agree with them, then. That's the part I was just wondering about. :) Hope it goes well in the end! My review is Monday.[/quote']

About as well as expected. If HR doesn't balk, I'll get a raise. (Woo, it will still be less than I was making in '87! :doi: )

And I'll be working on some computer related stuff for the department in my copious spare time.

So, not too bad and there's some interesting stuff coming down the pipe.

About as well as expected. If HR doesn't balk, I'll get a raise. (Woo, it will still be less than I was making in '87! :doi: )

And I'll be working on some computer related stuff for the department in my copious spare time.

So, not too bad and there's some interesting stuff coming down the pipe.

Hey especially good news re the computer stuff! Best of luck!

My big challenge is that I want to change roles. I have a 30% role in Architecture; I want that to go to 100%. The Arch. manager wants that, too, but I'm not sure how my 70% Business Solutions manager will feel. We'll see. Mainly I want to approach re moving to full-time Arch. in 2007, giving everyone a year to do budgets and all.

Of course, the other challenge is hoping the review is good - it of course influences bonus. I heard a hint it would at least be good from the Arch. manager, but I don't know for sure what that means - my projects have sucked in terms of budget issues (one issue was my fault, the others have not but still I'm responsible).

Hey especially good news re the computer stuff! Best of luck!

My big challenge is that I want to change roles. I have a 30% role in Architecture; I want that to go to 100%. The Arch. manager wants that, too, but I'm not sure how my 70% Business Solutions manager will feel. We'll see. Mainly I want to approach re moving to full-time Arch. in 2007, giving everyone a year to do budgets and all.

Of course, the other challenge is hoping the review is good - it of course influences bonus. I heard a hint it would at least be good from the Arch. manager, but I don't know for sure what that means - my projects have sucked in terms of budget issues (one issue was my fault, the others have not but still I'm responsible).

Well, good luck on your review. Meant to wish it earlier.

And if I could buy an iirc Volvo Flygmotor Drakken or Viggen...

:eg:

If you ever get the means, purchase a Draken! It's a thirsty sucker, but they never did find out it's real top speed - it'd just accelerate and accelerate until it ran outta juice.

Plus, it looks kinda cool . . . :)

PS: They're both, like all Swedish fighter craft, built by SAAB. Their engines are Volvo make.

If you ever get the means, purchase a Draken! It's a thirsty sucker, but they never did find out it's real top speed - it'd just accelerate and accelerate until it ran outta juice.

Plus, it looks kinda cool . . . :)

PS: They're both, like all Swedish fighter craft, built by SAAB. Their engines are Volvo make.

I remembered that as I was driving home.

Volvo Flygvomotor? built the engines, Saab designed and built the planes.

I like the Gun in the Viggen a LOT. Both are among my favorite planes.

I think the original single of "Jocko Homo" was a lot better than the album version.

Anyway, I wonder if there's anyone who believes in Intelligent Design and Devolution!? :nonp:

"God made man

but he used a monkey to do it

apes in the plan

and we're all here to prove it!"

PS - Devo is a band I've ended up appreciating more over time. Fairly brilliant in their earlier years.

I love that story about them playing Jocko Homo for twenty minutes straight at punk clubs and driving crowds into p*ssed-off frenzies. I loved those guys as a kid. They were not insignificant in the early honing of my cynicism.

I love that story about them playing Jocko Homo for twenty minutes straight at punk clubs and driving crowds into p*ssed-off frenzies. I loved those guys as a kid. They were not insignificant in the early honing of my cynicism.

I never heard that, thanks, that's a great story! I would love to have seen that.

Darn - 'You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to austenandrews again."

:) :)

Enjoy the transcripts. I downloaded The Erlenmeyer Flask as a pdf. Very classy layout with the pdf etc. Well worth it

Had a double dose of Gillian at the weekend. The X-Files movie was on one channel on Saturday and The Mighty was on the Sunday. The latter is a kids movie but has impressive adults in the cast. Gena Rowlands, Harry Dean Stanton, Sharon Stone, Meatloaf and James Galdofini were the other adult cast members. I had not seen it before. It was good.

Had a double dose of Gillian at the weekend. The X-Files movie was on one channel on Saturday and The Mighty was on the Sunday. The latter is a kids movie but has impressive adults in the cast. Gena Rowlands' date=' Harry Dean Stanton, Sharon Stone, Meatloaf and James Galdofini were the other adult cast members. I had not seen it before. It was good.[/quote']Nearly finished watching Season 3, just two episodes to go. I'm still trying to find the x-files movie. so far no luck. :( I may have to order it.

Had a double dose of Gillian at the weekend. The X-Files movie was on one channel on Saturday and The Mighty was on the Sunday. The latter is a kids movie but has impressive adults in the cast. Gena Rowlands' date=' Harry Dean Stanton, Sharon Stone, Meatloaf and James Galdofini were the other adult cast members. I had not seen it before. It was good.[/quote']

I had recorded Princess Mononoke off TCM and watched it with my kids over the weekend. She did the voice of the giant mother wolf.