Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

Ok' date=' I found out the secret a week before, and I guess that's what threw me off. :)[/quote']

Yeah, your biased :D. BTW do you still email/IM "fred"? I recall you asked him to "prove" it by IM. Do you still maintain contact?

:)

I have been bitten by the write up bug big time.

Let's see the JLA, JSA, maybe the Titans, Avengers, X-Men? Nah, I hate them.

Emotional Archetypes,

The Knights of Razrial

I haven't even unzipped the USPDII, TEEN CHAMPIONS, Galactic Champions, or Ultimate metamorph HD sets...

Too much HERO goodness... maybe I'll call in sick on monday.

Some excellent stuff it has been too.

Well' date=' I put down my abilities as pretty much I thought they were at and she agreed with them. Pretty much went for the slightly above average on some and slightly below on others to work out to a nice average. And added verbage that sounded about right.[/quote']

Ah, okay, she did agree with them, then. That's the part I was just wondering about. :) Hope it goes well in the end! My review is Monday.

Weirdness at work today. An elderly lady buys a cup of coffee, then looks at me with glazed eyes and in a slow monotonous drone says: "I am Countess Maria von Falkenberg, wife of the esteemed Marquis Alessandro Grimaldi. You have been very kind... I'll tell my husband to visit this cafe and leave a one million euro tip".

So, here I am, waiting for this Marquis. If you don't hear about me for a few weeks, know that I've been busy spending my humungous tip on some faraway Carribean island.

Odd - good luck, once in a while truth is stranger than fiction. Did you think of anything to say?

This month is the one year anniversary of the legendary RFK incident. :yes:

Somehow it seems longer. PS - and just this evening at dinner we were discussing it, oddly enough.

I was browsing the web the other night looking for some Supergirl information and decided to do a Google Image search.

I found something (not work safe) interesting.

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=supergirl&btnG=Google+Search&sa=N&tab=wi

Top right picture.

I was browsing the web the other night looking for some Supergirl information and decided to do a Google Image search.

I found something (not work safe) interesting.

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=supergirl&btnG=Google+Search&sa=N&tab=wi

Top right picture.

uh.. hrm.. wow.

She's Super all right.

Can anyone confirm if these are the first 12 posters to ascend? And are they in order of on ascension? ([joke] as apposed to descending order [/joke] )

Dr. Anomaly

OddHat

Enforcer84

Super Squirrel

Hermit

AliceTheOwl

Susano

zornwil

keyes_bill

Trebuchet

Mentor

Old Man

Thanks

The Ascended and the order they ascended in can be found here:

HERO Boards Pantheon

Just don't forget your many pals here in the states... :D

Sure enough! A year's worth of HERO books for every registered poster, at the very least!

Odd - good luck' date=' once in a while truth is stranger than fiction. Did you think of anything to say?[/quote']

I think I just blurted out "Thank you, just doing our duty, madam" or something like that.

So far, however, no Marquis in sight, and no millionaire tip either. ;)

Sure enough! A year's worth of HERO books for every registered poster, at the very least!

I think I just blurted out "Thank you, just doing our duty, madam" or something like that.

So far, however, no Marquis in sight, and no millionaire tip either. ;)

I'm not shocked, but it's fun to dream, and I hope (however unlikely) your dreams come true! (Well, her's, too, I suppose, since that would seem to be the prerequisite! :D )

. . . A million €s? How much would that be in Lire? :think:

And you know you wanna spend it shopping in Stockholm! :thumbup:

One million Euro would have been close to two billion old Italian Lire if they were still around. :eek: Given how prone our old currency was to speculation, I think we're better off with the Euro, but I miss the old Lire bills. They had some very good art, one of the prettiest currencies around if you ask me.

As for shopping in Stockholm, care to suggest any good Swedish RPGs? Not that I could get much use out of it, but who knows, the fancy to learn a new language might strike me at any time.

I'm not shocked' date=' but it's fun to dream, and I hope (however unlikely) your dreams come true! (Well, her's, too, I suppose, since that would seem to be the prerequisite! :D )[/quote']

Well, the cafe will be open tomorrow, then we will close for a few weeks to get some time off. So there's only one day left for the Dream Marquis to show up. :)

One million Euro would have been close to two billion old Italian Lire if they were still around. :eek: Given how prone our old currency was to speculation, I think we're better off with the Euro, but I miss the old Lire bills. They had some very good art, one of the prettiest currencies around if you ask me.

As for shopping in Stockholm, care to suggest any good Swedish RPGs? Not that I could get much use out of it, but who knows, the fancy to learn a new language might strike me at any time.

Get thee to either SF-Bokhandeln in the Old Town or to old Tradition in Gallerian (I think it's an EB Games nowadays, but I'm not sure). There thou hast to pick up a copy of the latest version of the game I cut my teeth on - Drakar och Demoner! The game is in it's sixth edition now, and very different from when I played it. The game world is a mix of standard High Fantasy and Scandinavian folklore - lots and lots of trolls!

Then there's Eon, a fantasy game I've never played, but I have acquaintances that swear by it. And then there's Mutant, a Post-Apoc game set several hundred years after the Big Kaboom. Fortbidden Zones, Mutated Animals and Cyborgs, oh my!

Well' date=' the cafe will be open tomorrow, then we will close for a few weeks to get some time off. So there's only one day left for the Dream Marquis to show up. :) [/quote']

Holding thumbs . . . ! Or, as they say, crossing my fingers . . .

DoD looks like something I might get. Every country should hang to its own D&D clone... I got Das Schwarze Auge and I'm loving it. :D If I was rich, I'd resurrect a couple defunct Italian D&D clones.

Mutant was the game that evolved (devolved?) into Mutant Chronicles?

Get thee to either SF-Bokhandeln in the Old Town or to old Tradition in Gallerian (I think it's an EB Games nowadays' date=' but I'm not sure). There thou hast to pick up a copy of the latest version of the game I cut my teeth on - [i']Drakar och Demoner[/i]! The game is in it's sixth edition now, and very different from when I played it. The game world is a mix of standard High Fantasy and Scandinavian folklore - lots and lots of trolls!

Then there's Eon, a fantasy game I've never played, but I have acquaintances that swear by it. And then there's Mutant, a Post-Apoc game set several hundred years after the Big Kaboom. Fortbidden Zones, Mutated Animals and Cyborgs, oh my!

Holding thumbs . . . ! Or, as they say, crossing my fingers . . .

any english translations of Drakar och Demoner? cute name. Dragons and Demons?

DoD looks like something I might get. Every country should hang to its own D&D clone... I got Das Schwarze Auge and I'm loving it. :D If I was rich, I'd resurrect a couple defunct Italian D&D clones.

Mutant was the game that evolved (devolved?) into Mutant Chronicles?

Yeah . . . Too bad, really. The first version seemed fun (it's the version now in print! Some fans brought it back to life, bless them.), the secon version was pretty much like the first, but much more cyberpunk. Then came Mutant RYMD, which was some kind of hodgepodge between Space Cyberpunk and Kult horror. It's second edition was, if I remember correctly, what is now known as Mutant Chronicles.

And DoD was originally a translation of the Fantasy part of Basic Roleplaying, Chaosium's generic RPG system (as used in the original Call Of Cthulhu). Someone published a swedish version of D'n'D, but they went belly-up faster than you can say 'Pie'.