Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

this whole bit has me confused... :confused:

To enlighten you.

Bazza and I have a hankering for a certain actress. I mentioned a Queen song that would not be appropriate to sing to her daughter.

If you do some digging there are clues on what we have said to work out exactly who we are talking about.

Anasazi Death Tribble! Anasazi!

My firrst 2006 post. Welcome to the future Gentlemen!

End of Season 2. It is a great lead in to the 3 parter which continues with the Blessing Way and culminates with Operation Paper Clip.

Duchovny has a great time acting in the first one as it is very un-Mulder like.

BTW' date=' as a side comment, when looking through KFC stuff earlier, I came across an urban legend I had never heard. Apparently when the name change came about (to KFC) some weird rumor spread that they had to stop referring to their product as "chicken" because the animals being used were so mutated they no longer qualified under US definitions as such! :confused: Who would believe that? Well, I'm sure some people did.[/quote']

Anybody who's eaten there recently. ;)

JG

Aha! There is an obscure reason Sylvester the Cat is often seen in Israel on Roman New Years (but man is it obscure)! From Arutz Sheva:

"The day of the secular new year is known in Hebrew as Sylvester Day, named after the Roman Pope who convinced the emperor Constantine to prohibit Jews from living in Jerusalem and who arranged for the passage of anti-Semitic laws more than 1,700 years ago."

Still, perhaps "Sylvester is like Hitler" and "Sylvester Killed 6 million Jews" is topping it a little high.

And again, Happy Yom Sylvester!

I tawt I taw a puddytat!

I find it disturbing that Fear Mongering is the only way groups feel it appropriate to convey a message, especially when trying to win converts to their side of thought.

I may yet abandon society and become a recluse.

Can a bunch of the rest of us be recluses with you, too?

:nonp:

BTW' date=' as a side comment, when looking through KFC stuff earlier, I came across an urban legend I had never heard. Apparently when the name change came about (to KFC) some weird rumor spread that they had to stop referring to their product as "chicken" because the animals being used were so mutated they no longer qualified under US definitions as such! :confused: Who would believe that? Well, I'm sure some people did.[/quote']

Never heard that. I thought it was because they didn't want to have the word "fried" in the name. Kinetic Fnord Can?

And I love the quote "We ask you today to stop being a pawn used by PETA" in the press release.

To enlighten you.

Bazza and I have a hankering for a certain actress. I mentioned a Queen song that would not be appropriate to sing to her daughter.

As Rolf Harris might sing: Tie me kangaroo down, sport.

End of Season 2. It is a great lead in to the 3 parter which continues with the Blessing Way and culminates with Operation Paper Clip.

Yeah I know. I watched the Anasazi story arc last night. I still have to watch the episode before Anasazi -- Our Town. I should be able to watch this today.

GA alert: In "F. Emasculata" when GA comes through a door -- great shot (about half way through the episode)

Duchovny has a great time acting in the first one as it is very un-Mulder like.
Yeah, he should know better than taking LSD. ;) I know he sweeps his room for bugs and phone taps, maybe he needs to extend it a little further. :)

Never heard that. I thought it was because they didn't want to have the word "fried" in the name. Kinetic Fnord Can?

And I love the quote "We ask you today to stop being a pawn used by PETA" in the press release.

It's on snopes if you want to look it up, fairly amusing write-up there.

I had heard they had changed the name so that it would be less specific to fried chicken but also so it would be "hip", as abbreviations are thought to be hipper with "the kids".

My cats caught a mouse today. Or rather, the smarter, more athletic cat injured the mouse's leg so it couldn't run as fast, and I grabbed it by the tail when it climbed onto my foot. I set it down in the field across the road from my house, where field mice belong. It didn't want to be set down, and clung to me.

:nonp:

The cats, meanwhile, want to know what I did with their fun new toy.

When I was a little kid, the neighbor's cat was "playing with"/tormenting, for the kill, this mouse out in the adjacent yard. I woke my mom up (she worked nights) to rescue the mouse. Every time we tried to shoo away the mouse, it kept running towards its new friend -the cat! Stupid little mouse had no sense of survival and was willingly "playing" with the cat, not realizing the cat's next steps. Eventually my mom put the mouse in a shoebox and took it back towards the swamp behind the house we rented, with the cat of course kept away.

. . . A suicidal mouse? Sure it wasn't just a lemming with a cliff deficit?

Cats & Lemmings get along very well. Ok, well there is the Nazilla unit. But we have a mutual respect for each other. She has sharp pointy bits and I out weigh her 50 to 1.

nazilla_01_bentons_adopt.jpg

Yes, she is a very beautiful cat. Very smart. Very moody...