Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

Over christmas / new year on the day I was to fly back home' date=' I went and had a look at the display units on the 42nd floor (IIRC) of the World's Tallest Residential Tower -- Q1. It is still being built.

(snip)

Very interesting, thanks. I'd have to worry, if a resident, as to the attraction for terrorism, though.

Guest Worldmaker

One of the Christmas presents that I got was the Firefly series on DVD. Looking at the cases of the DVD's it appears that the order the episodes are in is not the order that they aired. And there doesn't seem to be any explanation of this on any of the material.

Maybe it's on the first disk...

The reason is simple: Fox aired them out of order. The order in which they are presented on the DVD is the correct order. You can tell this is so, because later episodes reference things that, if you are watching the episodes in the order they are presented on the DVD, you've already seen.

As opposed to the broadcast, where references were made to things that, according to the order in which the eps were broadcast, hadn't happened yet.

The reason is simple: Fox aired them out of order. The order in which they are presented on the DVD is the correct order. You can tell this is so' date=' because later episodes reference things that, if you are watching the episodes in the order they are presented on the DVD, you've already seen.[/quote']

I suspected that, but I was surprised that it didn't rate a note of some kind of the back of the box.

Doc

Guest Skaramine

"Wrong" is such a... subjective term. After all, being a naughty person, it's in line with my ethics to encourage additional naughtiness. :D

John T

I salute you, Brother John!

Guest Skaramine

Interesting... the Grumpy Green Guy is my favorite DBZ character as well.

Looking forward to getting a good 2 & 3d animation program, along with a computer good enough to power it. THEN we'll be ready to rock... :D

John T

Maybe it's because the Grumpy Green Guy reminds me of the Martian Manhunter, except with an attitude. Or a Super-Skrull.

Guest Skaramine

I know Skaramine adored it' date=' but I also know that Skaramine adores [b']me[/b], ergo everything I do is wonderful.

Looking forward to Southern Cross's response!

Tolja it was good. :yes:

Guest Skaramine

If it helps erase the mental picture Bec gave everyone' date=' I'm sittin' here naked, too. :winkgrin:[/quote']

Thank you, milady. It does help. :D

The reason is simple: Fox aired them out of order. The order in which they are presented on the DVD is the correct order. You can tell this is so, because later episodes reference things that, if you are watching the episodes in the order they are presented on the DVD, you've already seen.

As opposed to the broadcast, where references were made to things that, according to the order in which the eps were broadcast, hadn't happened yet.

Screw Fox.

JG

Anything you care to discuss' date=' is it depression or something similar?[/quote']

Every so often I become acutely aware of the compromises one needs to make in this world of ours, both in thought and in deed, and every so often I become acutely aware of the compromises I didn't realize I'd made at the time. When these moments come by I get a bit nostalgic for the invulnerable full-of-principle guy I used to be. It's like bits of me have been chipped away over the years and I only notice it during these maudlin moments.

It passes, though.

Every so often I become acutely aware of the compromises one needs to make in this world of ours, both in thought and in deed, and every so often I become acutely aware of the compromises I didn't realize I'd made at the time. When these moments come by I get a bit nostalgic for the invulnerable full-of-principle guy I used to be. It's like bits of me have been chipped away over the years and I only notice it during these maudlin moments.

It passes, though.

Ah, yes, too familiar as well with that.

Just realizing that I've been a bit of a drama-queen here lately... apologies all around...

Around here? Don't worry about it, it registered, but only a little. And if you have a reason to be dramatic, within some sort of bounds this is the place to do it. Sometimes one has to blow steam, and that isn't just by aggression. Mainly, take care of yourself.

Guest Skaramine

...I feel so left out... :(

John T

Okay, almost everyone. You, your wife, Becky and Amused are new yet, though. I'm still in the best impressions stages.

Be warned... when it happens, I'll hate myself for it far more than I'll anger you... and I'll anger you plenty. :(

Okay, almost everyone. You, your wife, Becky and Amused are new yet, though. I'm still in the best impressions stages.

Be warned... when it happens, I'll hate myself for it far more than I'll anger you... and I'll anger you plenty. :(

Remotely possible, but not likely; I've been on the receiving end of too much verbal abuse over the course of my life to respond with much more than vaguely distracted amusement. Certainly, I have my share of opinions that I will defend to the death, as it were, but I don't let myself get overly flapped about them anymore; it's easier, physically and emotionally, to write off such debates as lost causes and move on.

Getting me ANGRY would involve coming out here and assaulting someone I care about. Then the gloves go in the dumpster. You don't really come across that way. :)

John T