Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

We had a Nightlife Hero game tonight where I was turned into a vampire. I'm a strong, powerful one so this campaign looks promising. In this campaign, vampires have no fangs, just sharp teeth. Even so, it is better to bite the arm rather than the neck. Ever try to bite a flat surface ? Human teeth and Vampire fangs curve, so the only way to bite someone's neck would be to pinch a tiny bit of skin between your side teeth. You just get a mouthful of flesh that way, no blood.

Another cool Super Power ruined by science.

Anyway, the Villains tonight were wearing Richard Nixon masks. My character's Sire was their target. I simply got in the way. My Sire had to let me die, or turn me. He asked first. That's the rules. Now my Character must go to "college" and figure out how she will feed, animals or humans and what powers she has and how they work. Then there is the kicker of what to tell the Parents. I think this will be great ! Happy Halloween !

I'm going to not wear a costume and just say I'm Mitt Romney. He can shapeshift at will.

Yeah' date=' but he still smells like the floor of a reptile enclosure.[/quote']

That part's easy.

I dressed up as 2nd term Obama this year*. I just wore a suit and told a bunch of lies. It was easy!

*REAL scary!

Okay. Obviously I was being satirical as a rebuttal to two others who chose to bring politics into this thread in a negative and insulting manner.

But now I am curious why you state that skin color does matter in politics? I thought politics was about policy and issues, things IMO far deeper and more important than the level of melanin in a person's skin.

Okay. Obviously I was being satirical as a rebuttal to two others who chose to bring politics into this thread in a negative and insulting manner.

But now I am curious why you state that skin color does matter in politics? I thought politics was about policy and issues, things IMO far deeper and more important than the level of melanin in a person's skin.

For some people, the presidential race has been about color. Not on the boards as far as I can tell, but there are plenty of real life examples. (And we should move this topic out of the thread really)

One of my roommates made a blueberry cheesecake. It was awesome. So was his chocolate "sticky cake".

My wife has been making cheesecakes and other items for a lot of people lately. She's expecting a lot of orders for thanksgiving. (One needs to be in town, or in a spot that one of us is visiting soon.)

For some people' date=' the presidential race has been about color. Not on the boards as far as I can tell, but there are plenty of real life examples. (And we should move this topic out of the thread really)[/quote']

I'd rather keep politics out of this thread as well. There are several political threads here.

My wife has made 100s of this recipe: (She doesn't put the nuts on, hence the ick comment)

Brownies from 365 Great Chocolate Desserts by Natalie Haughton

Without a doubt - the best brownies ever. Very chocolatey, not very sweet.

Ingredients:

5 (1 oz) square unsweetened chocolate, cut up

2 sticks butter

1 3/4 C sugar (I only use 1 1/2C)

1/4 C light corn syrup

2 tsp. vanilla

4 eggs

1/4 tsp salt

1 C sifted flour

3/4 C chopped pecans (I NEVER use nuts)

1 C semisweet chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350F. In a 2 quart glass bowl, combine unsweetened chocolate and butter. Heat in a microwave oven on High for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes, or until chocolate is melted and smooth when stirred.

2. with a fork, beat in sugar, corn syrup, vanilla and eggs until well blended. Mix in salt and flour until well mixed.

3. Spread evenly in a greased, foil lined (and I grease the foil as well) 9 X 13 inch baking pan. Sprinkle nuts (ick) and chocolate chips over top. Bake 30 - 35 minutes, or until set. Do not overbake. Let cool before cutting into bars. (What I do - when they're cool, life the whole thing out by the foil, and then cut. You can then sort of peel them off the foil. Much easier.)

I dressed up as 2nd term Obama this year*. I just wore a suit and told a bunch of lies. It was easy!

*REAL scary!

I didn't know you were black.

I didn't know skin color mattered in politics.

Old Man, nevermind, I'm sure everybody thought SteveZilla was Mitt Romney... ;):P