Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

376115_307692069259041_196601040368145_1216992_1143925645_n.jpg

So what?

Ditto. Though I really wish the country didn't have to resort to such a person* to get away from having any religion recognized by the government.

*I tend to disagree strongly with some of his apparent views about the role of government.

My wife was so concerned about my health when she saw my pallor she told me "this will stop."

Let me explain just how weird that is. She refers to me as "the master of the house."

She expects me to be a large and in-charge old school male.

We decided over Shabbat that, since I finished the last level of rabbinic ordination, I'm leaving yeshiva-velt.

This week she's looking for a retraining program for sysadmin jobs.

Why?

Because she told me - once she's trained - we're moving to the coast so I can go to Bar Ilan in Ramat Gan.

And that, despite the fact that we're religious, she wants to live close to synagogue, but in a mixed or secular neighborhood.

I've wanted to do advanced academic degrees in Talmud and epistemology, but I'm the wage earner. Problem.

Not for too much longer, I guess.

Its weird to me that thirteen years of study and a major achievement ends in starting my studies again.

"Blessed above women shall [she] be... blessed shall she be above women in the tent." (Judges 5:24)

Have already repped your earlier "musing"... but I'm damned if I can figure out how to rep you wife, too. :confused:

Last night' date=' I was out on the patio barbequeing supper in the balmy, 55 degree autumn evening. Today, it's in the low 20s, there's 4-6 inches of snow on the ground, and it's still snowing like a mofo.[/quote']

Simple: they flipped the "December" switch, that's all.

Simple: they flipped the "December" switch' date=' that's all.[/quote']

You know how they say, "If you don't like the weather, wait 15 minutes"? I had a friend visiting from MA who smirked and said, "They say that about everywhere." We were sitting out on the patio one blazingly hot summer afternoon and suddenly, there was a thunderstorm of nearly biblical wrath -- lightning, torrents of rain, big chunks of golfball-sized hail, thunder loud enough to deafen you. And just as suddenly, it was over, and it was sunny again. Then it was my turn to smirk.

So yeah, we're used to sudden turns in the weather here. :)

Last night' date=' I was out on the patio barbequeing supper in the balmy, 55 degree autumn evening. Today, it's in the low 20s, there's 4-6 inches of snow on the ground, and it's still snowing like a mofo.[/quote']

It was supposed to snow here, but we just got the temperature drop. 70 yesterday, but it was an alright 48 today

It had enough rain and high winds to kill the power in my neighborhood at least three times last night.

Which is not good when you use a CPAP machine.

JG

i had about 10, and 200Mb short of downloading 1.7G film. Had to pull the plug and turn everything off. :sad:

So I'm having this wierd dream about how a comic book writer tries to defeat another comic book writer. The latter is a misogynist and would have female heroes murdered in foul ways or just not used at all. Reaching those that disagree with this is easy but it is the others that need to be reached and persuaded. The first writer works out that the people he needs to reach are people who may be swayed by the other writer's opinion. And so comes the master stroke. He and his friends come up with something blatently sexist. A girl in a very small white costume and the killer slogan' date=' 'Could you kill Poor Little Lamby ?'[/quote']

Could be, but like much reverse psychology, it has the potential to backfire. It seems In My Opinion that misogyny is as much sadism as anything else- not so much an anger at anything one woman or women in general did so much as a perception that they're weaker and you can do whatever you want to them. Or conversely, maybe the man in question is insecure around women and wants to "turn the tables" on them.

JG