Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

I think you're being underpaid' date=' JG.[/quote']

I agree. Thing is I am subject to quarterly review and on these reviews I am usually eligible for a raise but we've had a wage freeze due to the sucky economy.

For two years.

I am seriously considering other employment.

JG

I agree. Thing is I am subject to quarterly review and on these reviews I am usually eligible for a raise but we've had a wage freeze due to the sucky economy.

For two years.

I am seriously considering other employment.

JG

start looking now

This is basically a two-week seminar to improve my sales figures. In blunt terms, "Your sales quota sucks, and if it doesn't go above 10% of your calls, you'll be fired."

So if this doesn't work, I'll be looking for another job anyway. :D

The irony being that by the time they assigned me this training I started to make quota again. It certainly didn't help that I kept getting sent every cheapskate customer who got the NFL Sunday Ticket Sale in fall and wanted to cancel the offer once services got back to regular price, every little old lady on a fixed income who can't afford the company's annual price increase, and every angry white guy who just lost his job and can't afford DirecTV period.

JG

This is basically a two-week seminar to improve my sales figures. In blunt terms, "Your sales quota sucks, and if it doesn't go above 10% of your calls, you'll be fired."

So if this doesn't work, I'll be looking for another job anyway. :D

The irony being that by the time they assigned me this training I started to make quota again. It certainly didn't help that I kept getting sent every cheapskate customer who got the NFL Sunday Ticket Sale in fall and wanted to cancel the offer once services got back to regular price, every little old lady on a fixed income who can't afford the company's annual price increase, and every angry white guy who just lost his job and can't afford DirecTV period.

JG

On the plus side you'll never get an angry call from me :)

Women with freckles.

I've never understood it, but apparently they're taught from birth that freckles make them ugly.

QFT ! I have freckles everywhere, not just on my face. I would not wish my childhood on anyone. Just as bad as the abuse are the Adults who thought they were so clever and original and funny when they asked "Where'd you get all them freckles?" And I wasn't supposed to be rude to them. Honestly, what's a child supposed to say to a question like that ???? Don't even get me started on the red hair.

Women with freckles.

I've never understood it, but apparently they're taught from birth that freckles make them ugly.

That's what got me thinking about it. I've never heard anyone disapprove of freckles, except a female with freckles.

Who told them they're ugly?

Lucius Alexander

Wasn't the palindromedary

I once dated a redhead, and she was kind of weird about being freckled. I thought it was sort of cute. It went with her overall looks. However, if I said that, she thought i was making fun of her.

I would say that it's just another aspect of the whole you-must-look-like-a-Barbie-doll-to-be-attractive thing women have foisted on them.

I wish I had a real Star Trek phaser. Cleaning up after the pets would be a breeze. Dog poop' date=' cat poop, no problem![/quote']

Rush hour traffic - gone! Annoying co-workers - gone! Noisy kids... well, OK... we'll set for stun until they learn better.

Rush hour traffic - gone! Annoying co-workers - gone! Noisy kids... well' date=' OK... we'll set for stun until they learn better.[/quote']

Stun the kids often enough, and they'll beg to be disintegrated! And I do have some annoying students and ex-coworkers... :eg:

The invasive' date=' obnoxious, offensive ad reads: "Busty Russian Girls Are Looking For You!" The woman in the picture is unmistakenly African American and, from the look of the suburb behind her, is probably in the southern US. Gag-boob-job and sexploitation women-as-meat vibe aside, if you are going to pander Russian women, shouldn't the undignified floosies your pushing at least, mayhaps, be able to pass for Russian?[/quote']

Something tells me the kind of guys who would seriously respond to such an ad don't really care if the girl's Russian, or wouldn't be able to tell the difference. :D

JG