Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

Mythbusters tonight includes the scene from Kiss The Girls where Morgan shot though a carton of milk to suppress muzzle flash to prevent a room full of gas from a gas stove from igniting.

They kept referring to the type of gas "that people cook with" as Methane. WTF? I know of no place around that uses that instead of either Butane or Propane.

Yes. Methane is more what I would call an end product of cooking.

Mythbusters tonight includes the scene from Kiss The Girls where Morgan shot though a carton of milk to suppress muzzle flash to prevent a room full of gas from a gas stove from igniting.

They kept referring to the type of gas "that people cook with" as Methane. WTF? I know of no place around that uses that instead of either Butane or Propane.

Actually, I bet you do. They just call it "natural gas", or possibly just "gas". But the gas provided by your local power company is methane.

Which contrary to popular belief is an odorless, colorless gas. There is an additive that they put in it so that people can smell it when their gas leaks. :)

today while going to pick up Amadan's yule present we (his mother and I) had to pull into a parking lot to turn around. We had the blinkers on, but apparently one of the city maintenance vans was in such a hurry to pass us, that they did so, on the side we were turning, while we were turning.they almost hit us, AND almost made the car coming the opposite direction hit us, and they still had the nerve to honk at us......

:idjit:

our van needs a turret gun, badly.

You'd also need better stabilization, some armour, tank treads so they can't just shoot off the wheels, firing slits and, hmm, big 'ol battering ram bumpers.

Now, is that Cyberpunk or Post-Apoc?

You'd also need better stabilization, some armour, tank treads so they can't just shoot off the wheels, firing slits and, hmm, big 'ol battering ram bumpers.

Now, is that Cyberpunk or Post-Apoc?

No, no, no. He needs an active suspension, steel belted solid tires, armored wheelguards (rear) and wheelhubs (front), a three-space turret with a variable fire rocket pod and zero-space targeting laser, a targeting computer, and a ram plate. And since hazards stack, a heavy duty oil jet would go perfectly with the ice and snow.

No' date=' no, no. He needs an active suspension, steel belted solid tires, armored wheelguards (rear) and wheelhubs (front), a three-space turret with a variable fire rocket pod and zero-space targeting laser, a targeting computer, and a ram plate. And since hazards stack, a heavy duty oil jet would go perfectly with the ice and snow.[/quote']

I'll grant you the active suspension - It's better stabilization in any case - But tank treads just beat steel belted solid tires and armouring around the tires. If they didn't, they wouldn't be used by the military for their heavy armour. The rocket pod is good, but I'd rather having a gatling HMG setup - ROF, my man. Rate. Of. Fire. A targeting computer is good, but you're assuming this is Cyberpunk and not Post-Apoc - It might not be doable. As for a ram plate, that'll spread the impact. You want to concentrate it on a point, to rip right through the other vehicle and leave its shattered hulk behind you, after you've driven over the pieces with your *Tank Treads*.

No' date=' no, no. He needs an active suspension, steel belted solid tires, armored wheelguards (rear) and wheelhubs (front), a three-space turret with a variable fire rocket pod and zero-space targeting laser, a targeting computer, and a ram plate. And since hazards stack, a heavy duty oil jet would go perfectly with the ice and snow.[/quote']

As a charter member of the AADA I approve of this.

Well, mostly, anyway. I've always had issues with the extra weight for a 3 space turret eating too much of the van's potential armor, and I stopped loving VFR's after they nerfed 'em.

I kinda like Narf's HVMG suggestion, but they weren't standard. I could live with a turreted auto-cannon and some component armor bays, however... that'd probably fly...

Bah, give me a good midsized ramcar anyday.

Edit:

P.S.: It's all about the flaming oil jet, in the end ;)

I don't know what everyone else is playing' date=' but mine's probably a hacked version of Interstate '76, which is awesome.[/quote']

*chuckle* We're the old guys, guys.

Car Wars, m'man Narf. It was somewhat HUGE in the 80's.

National organization, local chapters, regional titles, the works.

Years of continuous support with pretty regular updates.

That game occupies a significant block of years in my past.

Oh, and they were the first system to ever do a Hero crossover, Autoduel Champions

*chuckle* We're the old guys, guys.

Car Wars, m'man Narf. It was somewhat HUGE in the 80's.

National organization, local chapters, regional titles, the works.

Years of continuous support with pretty regular updates.

That game occupies a significant block of years in my past.

Oh, and they were the first system to ever do a Hero crossover, Autoduel Champions

Interstate '76 was a computer game with not one wrong note. From the beginning to end, it was visceral action in a tricked-out, armoured-up muscle car, on a mission of vengeful fury and high-octane firepower. The characters were real, the dialog between the main characters never sounded fake...And there was nothing between you and the bad guys but desert, hot lead and funk.

And the bad guys were very colourful.

I've got a huge Christmas cake for my Cousin's Christmas dinner. It didn't even fit in the biggest box or the biggest bag they had. I had to tape it shut and seal it in a trash bag. It has red and green flowers on it and Oreoes too as it is an Oreo cream cake. It says "Merry Christmas". I plan to leave the leftovers there.

I approve of this product and/or service. :thumbup:

Actually, I bet you do. They just call it "natural gas", or possibly just "gas". But the gas provided by your local power company is methane.

Which contrary to popular belief is an odorless, colorless gas. There is an additive that they put in it so that people can smell it when their gas leaks. :)

I did know about natural gas being ororless and colorless, and the smell being an addative. But I thought (incorrectly) that natural gas was some other -ane, like Butane. I guess I should have done 5 minutes of google/wikipedia research first. :doi:

As I write this Aus is in it's second innings on the 3rd day 400+ runs behind. So we will need to bat for 2 days if we can to make a game/draw of it.

didn't happen did it ? So it's 2-1 with Test to spare and England retain in Australia for the first time in 24 years. But the series can still be drawn although England want the win to win the series outright.

didn't happen did it ? So it's 2-1 with Test to spare and England retain in Australia for the first time in 24 years. But the series can still be drawn although England want the win to win the series outright.

Yeah, since Border's team, Aus has has a 24 year run as top team, now it seems Aus cricket is in 'rebuilding mode' again, it was bound to happen eventually, 24 years is a very good run. Ponting has a lot of thinking to do about his future.