Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

And I thought I made it clear that the thread is supposed to be fun' date=' and that while I would like to see its one little rule adhered to, fighting over it is kind of silly. I am hoping this will be the last post on the matter for a while.[/quote']

I am hoping it just dies, too. My post can be summed up to "I have no objection to thread rules, Death Tribble, but don't you think you went a little to far with that post?". It went farther than needed, for reasons I have no real comprehension of.

I will end it here, too.

I try to remember. Mostly, I do. But, Death Tribble's response was way overboard.

And, it is something obscure I have to remember to check on every single thread here, when I've never had to anywhere else, to make sure it isn't Random Musings. So no, remembering it is not automatic. I've said I'm absent-minded; I meant it. Deal or not; if you're going to be offended over something minor like that, when it isn't even deliberate - Then I really can't help further.

Well, when you have someone called Death Tribble calling for action, it may seem a bit extreme. He's really just pointing out that being careful. That being said, it's easy enough to check the title of the thread you're in, it's in the Url, on the subject line, and probably elsewhere. There are other people that occasionally whoops on it, but out of everyone here, you've been messing up the most on the thread.

And there are a couple other threads with "guidelines" and for that matter, subject matter restrictions.

And I thought I made it clear that the thread is supposed to be fun' date=' and that while I would like to see its one little rule adhered to, fighting over it is kind of silly. I am hoping this will be the last post on the matter for a while.[/quote']

Dang it!

...Right' date=' watch out for zombies, vampires and voodoo priests. Oh, and plain old crazy serial killers. [/quote']

I'm a bit more worried about coworkers and the drive up from Boston' date=' but thanks for the heads up.[/quote']

Well, make sure your coworkers aren't one of those categories. And hitchhikers should be discouraged.

Look, dude, it's another thing I have to remember - A special case, for one single thread, that applies to no other thread on the board, anywhere, nor have I ever encountered such a thing on any forum I have ever been on.

Be glad I remember much of the time and chill.

Sorry Narf, everyone gets reminded on this particular issue. So suck it up Miss America, there will be no chill. :)

Sorry Narf' date=' everyone gets reminded on this particular issue. So suck it up Miss America, there will be no chill. :)[/quote']

I repeat: "Death Tribble, I know. I don't always remember; I do try. I think your post went a little overboard, though." That's all I meant. I even clarified it as such, for anyone who was mistaken. And here I put it in similar words, just in case you're still mistaken as to what I meant.

It doesn't need this endless string of people who aren't Death Tribble telling me what I already know and never objected to. I post a response like that and suddenly I got five people on my case? I've had it. I didn't deserve this; I didn't post anything that you're actually responding to and I don't need five people to tell me what I've already been told. I made a mistake. I got a post that seemed possibly hostile. I questioned it. I get a mob telling me I was wrong? Wrong for what? Questioning a potentially hostile reply?

Finally,

Sorry, Old Man, for making the thread serious again. But this has gone too far. It's a string of people telling me off for just asking a polite question of someone who is none of them.

Sheesh. Look' date=' I'm not offended, and it's my thread. However, please do try to remember that the point of the thread is [i']random[/i] musings. :) Not semi-random musings, or random discussions, but a place to collect one-off posts without fear of the thread devolving into political flamewars or getting monopolized by a particular discussion. I got the idea from the forums over at Ars Technica, which had a thread exactly like it--though that was many years ago and I don't know if theirs has lasted as long as ours has.
so after nearly 7 years we get the origin of the Musings.

And I remember when that thread was just posted (within one page) I was going to hijack it or something but accented to your wishes. BTW, Thanks for the thread.

so after nearly 7 years we get the origin of the Musings.

And I remember when that thread was just posted (within one page) I was going to hijack it or something but accented to your wishes. BTW, Thanks for the thread.

I think Old Man explained the origin earlier, but it may have been three or four years ago. Possibly when one of these discussions popped up.

After a concerned couple weeks and a very scary couple days, our Elizabeth cat is doing better.

5045530302_00a2a9a4f1.jpg

Elizabeth

While we were on vacation, our cat sitter thought she was acting odd and took her to our vet who found symptoms of renal failure. She seemed to be doing better, but some of the symptoms were not the same that we've seen with other renal cases. When we got home, we continued with fluids, but on Wednesday when I woke up, I found her huddled in our luggage, and cool. I picked her up and she screamed and convulsed. I put her down, and she was having a seizure, we called the emergency number, and rushed her to the clinic. We thought she died a couple times on the drive. When we got her there, Dr. Mike met us and immediately put in a catheter, and got a warming device as well. Blood work showed that her blood sugar had dropped to very low levels, which could of caused the seizure, but the seizure could of caused the low blood sugar.

With her under the care at the clinic, we went home and awaited news. That afternoon we had to bring our foster cat up for an x-ray, so we dropped by to see how Elizabeth was doing. She was sitting up in her bed and yelling at everyone and otherwise, acting normal. We took her home later with some meds in case she had another seizure, but no worries. Though one of the other cats decided to have a hairball which instantly woke both my wife and I. Elizabeth slept thru it. We took her back to the clinic for tests the next two days, but nothing odd has been found. After we brought her home last night, she's been racing around like she used to. (Once she took her bandage off that is. She didn't like it) It's very bizarre, but she's alive because of our cat sitter and vets. (And I can't imagine what this would of cost in the real world.)

I think my wife and I are completely exhausted by the experience.

Best wishes for Elizabeth. I hope whatever it was doesn't recur.

She's also very pretty.

I hope you have appropriately thanked your catsitter. :)

Is Narf so absent-minded that he cannot remember which thread he just clicked on?

You mean the ten or so threads I look at in the morning? Y'know, after I've woken up?

Also: Topic is supposed to have been dropped.

Bah. The next person to rag on me about this is going on ignore. At this point, it's nothing but a dogpile. BACK OFF.

I suppose I should explain the situation from my point of view:

I make a mistake.

Someone says something hostile about the mistake. He may have been joking, but I don't know.

I question why he's hostile, but *Not* the point he made.

Six people start crowding around me, all asking me why I objected to the point - When I didn't - and only two of them bothering to listen to the answers I give to the others.

At this point, ignoring people and walking away is a rational, reasonable response.

"The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

~George Carlin

If the only tool you have is a flame-thrower, you tend to see every problem as kindling.