Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

Give me Sol Invictus any year ;)

And now it is my honor to present a God who needs no introduction. Attention everyone: I give you

Sol Invictus!:king:

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary notes that Islam promises Paradise, and Christianity promises Salvation; but Paganism promises Spring

So, today a friend of mine, a hareidi fellow, started in on me for not being hareidi. After about five minutes he got frustrated that he couldn't advance a cogent or definitive argument for his approach (if it works for him great but leave me out of it) and started trying to use his rebbe as a club. "But the Rebbe says..." Over and over. Ad infinitum. Finally, I told him: "Your rebbe is a brilliant man. I disagree with everything he says."

Abject terror.

I tell you, I saw abject terror.

It was kind of cool. :help:

:eg: Very cool, and well done. Especially with the dichotomy of "brilliant man/disagree with everything". If only those who peddle The Watchtower were as easily rebuffed.

I actually yelled at the last religious solicitors and slammed the door in their face. I'm not proud of that' date=' but really, the nerve of these people.[/quote']

The last religious solicitors I dealt with were the ones that knocked on the screen door in 2004. I had just had sinus surgery and was on the couch with about 40 yards of gauze up my nose and on a bunch of drugs.

I heard the knocking and made some noises at the door, but whoever was there didn't come in so I stumbled to the door, not knowing I had oozing from my nose. It basically had run down over my neck, and onto my shirt, looked like someone had sliced my throat.

I got to the door, and I think they were mormons, since they had ties on, and this was Portland, in the middle of summer. They ran off.

I actually yelled at the last religious solicitors and slammed the door in their face. I'm not proud of that' date=' but really, the nerve of these people.[/quote']

I tried to convert some to my way of thinking. We ended up having a 40 minute discussion. :o

The last religious solicitors I dealt with were the ones that knocked on the screen door in 2004. I had just had sinus surgery and was on the couch with about 40 yards of gauze up my nose and on a bunch of drugs.

I heard the knocking and made some noises at the door, but whoever was there didn't come in so I stumbled to the door, not knowing I had oozing from my nose. It basically had run down over my neck, and onto my shirt, looked like someone had sliced my throat.

I got to the door, and I think they were mormons, since they had ties on, and this was Portland, in the middle of summer. They ran off.

My science teacher thought of a good way to get rid of religious solicitors who come door-to-door. Tell them you are Satan worshipers. :D

:lol: You should have mumbled "Brraaaiinnsss" to them.

The band was talented' date=' but their material, not so much. I knew it was going to be bad when they led off with "Footloose".[/quote']

Metallica covered Footloose?

Oh I'm sorry you said the band was talented. My mistake.

I tried to convert some to my way of thinking. We ended up having a 40 minute discussion. :o

Not far off my approach. They pretty much leave me alone these days.

"Hi, I'm an Olamh of the Celtic Reconstructionist Faith, personally a Pantheiestic Scientific Gaian, an active member of the Interfaith Pagan Alliance, and yes, I've read your holy books. Count yourself lucky... right now I haven't the time to de-construct your myth cycles for you. Good luck in your path, it's not an easy one."

Assuming of course I'm not in the mood for a debate. :slap:

I once spent every day at work, 40 hours a week, partnered to an evangellical Biblical Literalist Four-Square Baptist.

I shook his faith.

I really do try and give them a chance to run...

What a weird week.

Opened the big Winter show, A Christmas Carol, natch, the same day one of our eldest cats died. We knew it was coming, as she was 18 years old, but her absence is felt. Bye Furball.

Just sort of imploded with a cold over the weekend and slept a lot.

Then found out one of my coworkers killed himself.

He was a good kid. He'll be missed.

I'm probably not going to his services.

I suspect my distaste for hypocrisies would intrude on the families grieving needs, so I'm respectfully staying away.

I can make my peace with him in private.

It's been a weird week.

I'm sorry to hear about your cat and your coworker. Condolences and prayers.

I don't know if it is just depression or a panic attack. But I couldn't contemplate going out and facing people today. I may have lost my job over it. I was right on the edge of my allowed absences.

Edit: I had one more left so no lost job.

Please be careful.

Maybe get some help if you need it.

But try not to sabatoge yourself like that, you deserve better.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary says I'm one to talk about self sabotage....