Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

See, I'm reading that and thinking "Exactly! They're doing the spangling!" But enough. Let's talk about chicks, man.

I'd totally spangle that. With stripes. :cool:

So I'm confused. Are you agreeing with me now?

Or is it you don't mind "I am spangling stars on the banner", but don't like "I spangled stars on the banner"? Is it just a tense thing? You don't like people having done it in the past, but you don't mind it if they are currently doing it?

I'd spangle that with my red rocket...

:D

Or is it you don't mind "I am spangling stars on the banner", but don't like "I spangled stars on the banner"? Is it just a tense thing? You don't like people having done it in the past, but you don't mind it if they are currently doing it?

No, you're agreeing with me! :D

I'd spangle that with my red rocket...

Dig those purple mountains majesty...Spangelicious!

What's weird about Middle-Earth is that it's so empty. Huge swaths of the map are virtually unoccupied by any intelligent lifeforms--Arnor and Eriador hold a scattering of human and hobbit towns and farms; Rohan is a large steppe lightly occupied by the Riders; all of Rhun is apparently vacant. Gondor and its allies fielded maybe 15' date='000 living fighting men at the Battle of the Pelennor Fields, the most epic battle in the entire Third Age--about as many as were lost at Antietam. By comparison, the Allies landed ten times that number at Normandy on D-Day, and two million men fought at Stalingrad.[/quote']

I never really had a problem with that. LOTR was meant as a creation myth for England, which moves the numbers into the "time of legends" category for me. If all of humanity can be descended from two people, why not all of Europe from a few hundred thousand?

Besides, world population in 500 BC is estimated as only 100,000,000 . Depending on the "when", big chunks of the world were empty.

Or is it you don't mind "I am spangling stars on the banner", but don't like "I spangled stars on the banner"? Is it just a tense thing?

Of course it's a tense thing. If he weren't tense, he wouldn't have a problem with it.

I was going to say something about the population of Middle Earth, but really, it's all been said already.

Lucius Alexander

Besides, the palindromedary reminds me that I have Duties.

The world of "Natural male enhancement" commercials: A place where women are happy about a co-worker with a fixed' date=' creepy smile and a perpetual erection.[/quote']

Yeah, that didn't fly in the real world.

....not that I know from experience.

----------------

Now playing: Steelheart - Everybody Loves Eileen

via FoxyTunes

I never really had a problem with that. LOTR was meant as a creation myth for England' date=' which moves the numbers into the "time of legends" category for me. If all of humanity can be descended from two people, why not all of Europe from a few hundred thousand?[/quote']

I don't have a problem with it, it's just a little odd when you realize that the epic battle for the fate of the world is really for the fate of the population of Rhode Island. Tolkien himself had participated in much more epic (and less romantic) battles in real life.

Finally remembered to look up the chat handle. :o I'm on Infinity as "Quiz Master" :cool:

Cool. We'll get you into the Hero Board chat room and I'm on Infinity with a few of my mains. Send me a tell at @Lemming and I can kick some influence your way if needed.

Which is clearly different from the smell of the Northern variety of fried @$$. :P

Northern fried @ss is a result less of lard and more of artificial sweeteners and, until just recently, trans fat, compared to southern fried @ss (which is more lard).

Northern fried @ss is a result less of lard and more of artificial sweeteners and' date=' until just recently, trans fat, compared to southern fried @ss (which is more lard).[/quote']

Mmmmmmm. Deep-fried lard..... With butter and gravy.....

:sick: