Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

Of course' date=' I knew one place where they told me (after the fact!) that in any given workday only the last application you've filed electronically with them gets stored. The rest get silently overwritten. Good thing I only applied for one job with them.[/quote']Those are the businesses that make you thankful you didn't get the interview.

I had an interview last month. They said that they would make their decision with 7-10 days and let me know either way. Three weeks later I called to follow-up since I hadn't heard anything. I was given voice mail; got no return call. Three weeks later I got my two-sentence auto-generated email rejection. This was after an interview, one which I thought went very well. Most companies I apply to have the courtesy to send a letter even if I don't get the interview. This was so appallingly rude and disfunctional that I can only think I dodged a real bullet by not getting a job there.

Re: searching for Kris Zeimer

What was she in? Do you have anything that you could scan and send privately (darn copyright laws! ;)) so I might have an inkling of who you are talking about?

Perhaps she uses a stage name for her modeling career?

Bain De Soleil ads. Magazine advertisements and television commercials.

As far as I know, that was her whole career, but she was at it more than ten years.

And now, it's as if she never existed. But she was the most beautiful woman in the world.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary qualifies that: With the exception of Debbie Woodall.

Bain De Soleil ads. Magazine advertisements and television commercials.

As far as I know, that was her whole career, but she was at it more than ten years.

And now, it's as if she never existed. But she was the most beautiful woman in the world.

Lucius Alexander

I have no description of what she looks like. Is

her?

I have no description of what she looks like. Is
her?

Yes! Yes! YES!:bounce:

That was her in the video! Do you have pictures?

How did you find her?

Lucius Alexander

and an amused palindromedary

How did you find her?

Lucius Alexander

*cough*

Could be you could find some Bain De Soleil ads. Google Bain De Soleil ads and you'll find some videos.

How did you find her?

Lucius Alexander

Could be you could find some Bain De Soleil ads. Google Bain De Soleil ads and you'll find some videos.

Actually, I went to YouTube and searched Bain De Soleil Commercial. :D Sorry, no pictures. Though you could make screenshots from the two commercials where I saw her...

Actually' date=' I went to YouTube and searched [b']Bain De Soleil Commercial[/b]. :D Sorry, no pictures. Though you could make screenshots from the two commercials where I saw her...

I could, if I knew how to make a screenshot....

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary uncharacteristically suggests doing the legwork of finding old hardcopy women's magazines and hunting through them for the print ads....

I could, if I knew how to make a screenshot....

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary uncharacteristically suggests doing the legwork of finding old hardcopy women's magazines and hunting through them for the print ads....

Alt+Print Screen will copy the currently selected application to the clipboard. Paste it into Paint or your favorite image editing software, then save as whatever file type you prefer your pics be in (within the limitations of the software). You can even crop them to just have pics of her. :)

Or you could see if the company that makes that sunscreen has a pictures archive... Or request information from them on the ad agency they used to make the commercials...

I remember Roswell from living in eastern NM back in the late 1960s. At the time, it was a sleepy little town with a state-funded military academy and not a whole lot else. And, pointedly, utterly nothing to do with UFOs was apparent in and around the town. Then in the 1970s the external dollars were cut off (the academy was closed) and the town had to get creative to try to stay alive. The only thing they had that most towns in the area didn't was that incident with the wreckage from secret military project outside of town. They went marketing it enthusiastically, and now, you can barely recognize the place.

So I signed back onto City of Villains after several months off. In making a new character I discover...I have City of Heroes now, too! That is very cool. In fact, they've added quite a few new things that make the game a bit more interesting than I remember. I've been playing CoH pretty much all weekend. Just what i needed, another game addiction!

Oh hell, most of the reason I signed on is to play with the costume creator again. :o

SO what is you global handle and what server are you playing on?