Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

Well, maybe I'm on the other side of the curve now.

I was carded once for buying model glue. (I was 27 at the time)

I was also asked for my ID at a supermarket. I was buying milk.

Boggle? Milk?

The only times I've ever been carded have been at bars. And probably no more than 4 or 5 times in my life.

We Built This City (Starship)

More Than A Feeling (Boston)

The Final Countdown (Europe)

Some might call me crazy, that those are good songs. Why the hate/dislike? Yes, even for We Built This City.

I admit to liking The Final Countdown (total guilty pleasure :o) but We Built This City is one of the worst, most horrifying oh god change the radio station now before I vomit songs ever written. It's made all the worse because it was such a huge hit and suffered from endless repetition.

I got carded once when buying a can of pressurized air to clean my keyboard with. :confused:

The clerk was very apologetic about the whole thing; the computer wouldn't let her ring me up unless I showed her my ID.

Right, because she couldn't press the button without seeing your ID... :rolleyes:

I've had a beard since I was 16. I can't remember the last time I got carded.

Right, because she couldn't press the button without seeing your ID... :rolleyes:

I've had a beard since I was 16. I can't remember the last time I got carded.

Yeah, that seems to be a consistant factor. I generally have a beard (and have since about 14 or so) and almost never get carded. Heck, going into a club with Keri, her brother and some others. Her brother has mostly grey hair, I don't really have any, though he is several years younger than I. They card everyone in our group except me. :confused: Possibly the fact that I was last in the group was the reason, but at clubs they generally card EVERYONE. Well, everyone except me it seems...

For a while canned air commonly had an extra ingredient ... can't recall what it was ... that was mildly intoxicating (and quite toxic) so kids were inhaling that to get high. Hence the ID check. Almost certain that's no longer present, but the carding flag stays forever.

For a while canned air commonly had an extra ingredient ... can't recall what it was ... that was mildly intoxicating (and quite toxic) so kids were inhaling that to get high. Hence the ID check. Almost certain that's no longer present' date=' but the carding flag stays forever.[/quote']

And apparently they just put in the lungs to get the lack of oxygen high.

I admit to liking The Final Countdown (total guilty pleasure :o) but We Built This City is one of the worst' date=' most horrifying oh god change the radio station now before I vomit songs ever written. It's made all the worse because it was such a huge hit and suffered from endless repetition.[/quote']

I feel the same about The Final Countdown for the same reasons

This morning, as I drifted between sleep and waking, I heard a male voice in my head. He declared, perkily, the way radio DJs will speak as if there's a bubble in their throats: "Coming up, Alice gets a zombie dream! Will she triumph, or will her brain be eaten?"

:nonp:

There is no level of "WTF?" to cover that.

Sounds like it was inspired in part by the events in Girl Genius (the perky announcer bit at least).

. . . My army stormed the Gates of Hell' date=' slaughtered their way through the wraiths and the demons, charged the Iron Throne -- and blew it all by killing Satan with the wrong weapon. My men torn asunder around me, the last thing I remember is hurling myself into the fiery Abyss, falling forever . . .[/quote']

It's so hard to find good help these days -- even in one's dreams. :D