Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

That's alright. I was convinced that girls didn't like sex and that they did it out of obligation.

That's not the first time I've heard that misconception.

I assure you, it's a misconception. I've been hearing the subject coming up a lot, of wives whose sex drives outpace their husbands', and that it's a real problem in the marriages. When it's the guy whose sex drive is higher, he's supposed to go commiserate with his buddies about frigid wives. When it's the wife who's getting shut out, she's an ingrate who should realize how lucky she is not to be "pestered."

Feh.

I'm rather glad that I know how to rev Josh's engine. ;)

That's not the first time I've heard that misconception.

I assure you, it's a misconception. I've been hearing the subject coming up a lot, of wives whose sex drives outpace their husbands', and that it's a real problem in the marriages.

This is a very common issue for the over 30 crowd, and more so as we age. Women's sex drives ramp up, men's testosterone levels start to fall, then add in stress, poor nutrition, poor sleep habits, relationship issues, obesity, etc.

Book after book comes out on how to deal with declining male sex drive and the decline of sex within marriage, but the basic formula of "Reduce stress, eat well, exercise, communicate, play together" is always a pretty good baseline.

When it's the guy whose sex drive is higher' date=' he's supposed to go commiserate with his buddies about frigid wives. When it's the wife who's getting shut out, she's an ingrate who should realize how lucky she is not to be "pestered."[/quote']

Side note: I never run into men who talk like this (probably because of my demographic). I'm sure they're out there, but, like so many "Men are/Women are" observations, it's a stereotype, and a fairly destructive one.

Side note: I never run into men who talk like this (probably because of my demographic). I'm sure they're out there' date=' but, like so many "Men are/Women are" observations, it's a stereotype, and a fairly destructive one.[/quote']

Well, destructive stereotypes of men are perfectly acceptable and form the basis of most of the popular media's staple features.

Side note: I never run into men who talk like this (probably because of my demographic). I'm sure they're out there' date=' but, like so many "Men are/Women are" observations, it's a stereotype, and a fairly destructive one.[/quote']

I'm going by sitcoms and exaggerations, here. Quit bringing reality into it! :tsk:

I still have that lingering in the back of my brain. I'd say it was definitely a form of acculturation for our age group. There were numerous groups professing that this was exactly the case' date=' along with that 'all sex is rape' stuff.[/quote']

There were certainly groups that said that, along with refering to all men as either "rapists" or "potential rapists". My solution was to ignore them. :)

The "Basic Things No One Told Me About Sex" article is facinating' date=' for me. Who knew this was stuff you guys had to figure out?[/quote']

Thinking back a few decades ... that last statement, more than anything else, betrays how little things have changed since, oh, 1970 or so. In fact,your wording makes me suspect things are worse nowadays from the POV of the lonely, inexperienced, social-reject male, who with no small amount of justification can come to feel that women are omniscient ambush predators, knowing every anguished thought in his ignorant little head, and are just waiting to be given a justification to shred another loser's psyche so they can boast about it later.

Thinking back a few decades ... that last statement' date=' more than anything else, betrays how little things have changed since, oh, 1970 or so. In fact,your wording makes me suspect things are worse nowadays from the POV of the lonely, inexperienced, social-reject male, who with no small amount of justification can come to feel that women are omniscient ambush predators, knowing every anguished thought in his ignorant little head, and are just waiting to be given a justification to shred another loser's psyche so they can boast about it later.[/quote']

Well, no. We have other stuff to figure out.

Like that what goes in must, um, come out. Most of the young women talking about this remarked that they were most surprised at many of the post-sex sensations.

I was not immune to that surprise.

I just got busted for sending the new director a snarky e-mail.

This resulted in my finally having a meeting with my director where I explained that I have no job left. The administration has done a very fine job of letting me know that I'm no longer welcome here. Nothing to lose. They won't fire me, I would have to do something drastic for that. My days are numbered here, though. My productive days here are long over.

Well crap. I've been there and it sucks. See if you can use some vacation time and look for a job during it. I went thru a similar situation for a little over a year and it took a heavy toll on my psyche. Even if the people responsible got fired soon after I left.

Actually you won't. We have all seen here that democracy does not work. So I'm seizing power in a coup.

So no-one needs to worry about who top vote for or what promises the administration will make. They'll just have to worry like you do at Christmas.

Are you on Death Tribble's Good or Bad List ?

Well in your case you are on the extreme deviant to be punished by all the torments of the Abyss but you already knew that. So you have a little start to flee for your existence.

Dude your coups have as much bite as water with a water chaser. Why don't you start small with your conquests. Like a Jean Claude VanDamme fanclub?

Dude your coups have as much bite as water with a water chaser. Why don't you start small with your conquests. Like a Jean Claude VanDamme fanclub?

or even smaller the OP's fan club.

:rofl:

You two looking for trouble ?

You came to the right place.

Just look right in my face

I was born standing up,

Talking back

My daddy was a piece of railroad track !

And I'm Evil

My middle name is misery

Said I'm evil

So don't you mess around with me.

I was born standing up,

Talking back

And I'm Evil

My middle name is misery

Said I'm evil

You see I can rap too:

DMT he's dynamite

DMT he'll win the fight

DMT is a powerload

DMT watch him .... you know the rest.

I was born standing up,

Talking back

And I'm Evil

My middle name is misery

Said I'm evil

Face? You're a powder puff with eyes!