Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

Then buy a new one. ;):)

Naw, the newer Canon DSLR in my price range isn't enough of an improvement over my current (very nice) camera to be worth the cost of an upgrade. Not that I would say no to a Digital Rebel XTi, I just can't justify the cost as an upgrade to my XT.

I was just pointing out that even the article you linked to only says that 6MP is the sweet spot for a specific size of sensor. :)

It's snowing like a summabich outside right now. I've called in to work to say I'm not going to make it in. I heard two others in my department also called in. They said 3-5 inches in my part of the state, and 8-10 inches in Denver. We've probably got 8" here already, so I wonder how bad it is south of us.

Snow day!

Funny, I thought it never snowed in ... :D

Naw, the newer Canon DSLR in my price range isn't enough of an improvement over my current (very nice) camera to be worth the cost of an upgrade. Not that I would say no to a Digital Rebel XTi, I just can't justify the cost as an upgrade to my XT.

I was just pointing out that even the article you linked to only says that 6MP is the sweet spot for a specific size of sensor. :)

They also mentioned for compact cameras and excluded SLRs such as yours.

Funny' date=' I thought it never snowed in ... :D[/quote']

Quiet, you! :P

The Colorado Front Range (where I live) only averages about 8" of snow in the month of December. I just went outside and the snow is up to my knees, so I figure we've got that beat just today.

Honestly don't know if I'll be able to make it in to work tomorrow, either. Our driveway has an enormous ridge of snow about three feet high across it, and another slightly smaller blocking us from the street. Tomorrow at dawn I'll go walk the street to see if it looks passable.

Quiet, you! :P

The Colorado Front Range (where I live) only averages about 8" of snow in the month of December. I just went outside and the snow is up to my knees, so I figure we've got that beat just today.

Honestly don't know if I'll be able to make it in to work tomorrow, either. Our driveway has an enormous ridge of snow about three feet high across it, and another slightly smaller blocking us from the street. Tomorrow at dawn I'll go walk the street to see if it looks passable.

Seriously, sorry to hear it. Hope you're well stocked as far as food, DVDs, etc are concerned.

Well, managed to dig myself out and make it work. The interstate was pretty clear, but the city of Boulder doesn't actually believe in that mythical beast known as a "Snowplow" so it was scary icy once I got into town.

Yesterday my lovely bunny wife and I watched DVDs most of the day. :)

They also mentioned for compact cameras and excluded SLRs such as yours.

Yup. And actually gave their "sweet spot" for the different sensor sizes. But not all compact cameras have the size sensor the article was talking about, which is what Bazza seemed to be indicating.

According to the article, a sensor the size of the one in my camera should it its sweet spot around 27MP. :)

Well, managed to dig myself out and make it work. The interstate was pretty clear, but the city of Boulder doesn't actually believe in that mythical beast known as a "Snowplow" so it was scary icy once I got into town.

Yesterday my lovely bunny wife and I watched DVDs most of the day. :)

Noticed that did ya? :) I lived in Boulder for several years at different times, and the only place I ever saw get plowed was in and around campus. By campus employees, not city.

'Course nothing tops the City of Denver's response to the Christmas Eve blizzard of '82. Running out the garbage trucks to tamp down the snow, rather than plowing. :doi: That was fun...

I find myself' date=' more and more frequently, typing in a post, then thinking better of it, and clicking "New posts" instead of "Post Quick Reply". Be thankful for all the drivel you don't see. :rolleyes:[/quote']

Like it could be any worse than the rest of this board. :rolleyes:

Come on, Cancer, show us your drivel!

Ok, that came out wrong. Maybe there's something to be said for this whole 'not posting' philosophy. :think:

Oh well, too late! :D

Yeah' date=' "cosmic ray strikes". Back before manufacturers realized that it actually mattered where you got your sand for making silicon wafers, and before it had been demonstrated that a lot of said "cosmic rays" were actually silicon-32 decays within the chip itself.[/quote']

I knew scientists were all stupid numb-numb heads. See how scientists are no better than medicine men!? Medicine men I say!

(just practicing ranting illogically and tangentially for later in life)