Help/Suggestions with 2 new Hero Groups

CDad

I'm designing two new groups for my campaign (now if I could just get a group together)... I'm looking for suggestions/opinions here. I initially came up with each member (and their abilites) from existing Miniatures that I have... Liberty League just looks way cool with everyone wearing Stars & Stripes!

Guardians: America's premier (NPC) superhero team. With a Branch in L.A. and another in N.Y., a lot of territory can be covered. They can climb into their 'Jump-Jets' and join up to take on the really big jobs.

West Coast Guardians (based in L.A.):

1 ) Manta Man - Leader/Scientist with "Manta Ray" environmental suit with electical dischargers, force field, rebreather, impellors for both swimming and gliding.

2) Titan - Mid-range strongman that can grow to ~25' tall (gains 70 STR). Very good defenses.

3) Evergreen - Female nature spirit, entangling, sharp needles, and sleep spores.

4) Polymer - Mid range strongman with stretching abilities.

5) Jack Frost - Ice/Snow abilites.

East Coast Guardians (Based in N.Y.):

1) Captain Courage - Leader/gadgeteer with non-violent weapons (stun pistols, gas/stun grenades,...).

2) Bastion - Immovable Brick.

3) Mirage - Female with Light/Illusion abilites.

4) Lazer - Heat/Fire abilities.

5) Force - Martial Artist/Telekinetic that can fight at a distance.

Liberty League (Based in D.C.): Fighting for American Values!

1) National Anthem - Martial Artist Patriot

2) Might Man - Mini-Superman Patriot

3) Patriot - Gadgeteer Patriot

3a) Silver Star - Martial Artist Patriot (Sidekick for Patriot)

4) Vanguard - Female Psychic Patriot

5) Sentinal - Gravity/Magnetic Powered Patriot

Comments, suggestions?

Re: Help/Suggestions with 2 new Hero Groups

1 ) Manta Man - Leader/Scientist with "Manta Ray" environmental suit with electical dischargers, force field, rebreather, impellors for both swimming and gliding.

Comments, suggestions?

Just for the very fond memories I have of the V&V Manta-Man, A big thumbs up to you sir! :thumbup:

That's where that name came from! Many thanks! I played V&V ages ago, and forgot all about it. I think several of the Guardians are V&V memories revisited.

Wow, that was one of those moments where things just "snapped" into place. Thanks, Proditor!

I figured "Manta Man" was a "Stringray" homage (from Marvel). I always liked him....

Overall they seem like fine groups. Depending on your point total, though, you may want to consider adding one or two heroes to certain groups. They have a lot of territory to cover and it wouldn't hurt having an extra body around, especially if any villain teams make an appearance. But again, your point totals might cover this eventuality.

IOverall they seem like fine groups. Depending on your point total' date=' though, you may want to consider adding one or two heroes to certain groups. They have a lot of territory to cover and it wouldn't hurt having an extra body around, especially if any villain teams make an appearance. But again, your point totals might cover this eventuality.[/quote']

Once I can get a PC group, they'll join the Guardians and set up shop in Kansas City (hence the Mid-Coast Guardians). The current Guardians range from 50 to 100 (both leaders) EXP, and I use the "standard" character creation rules. If things get tough the players can call in for reinforcements and take a stab at running 2-3 characters (a rare occurance, I hope).

Villainous/questionalable organizations include the Legion of Terror, Armageddon, ARTech (Advanced Research Technologies), the Syndicate, and Hydra. All home grown.

Once I can get a PC group, they'll join the Guardians and set up shop in Kansas City (hence the Mid-Coast Guardians). The current Guardians range from 50 to 100 (both leaders) EXP, and I use the "standard" character creation rules. If things get tough the players can call in for reinforcements and take a stab at running 2-3 characters (a rare occurance, I hope).

Villainous/questionalable organizations include the Legion of Terror, Armageddon, ARTech (Advanced Research Technologies), the Syndicate, and Hydra. All home grown.

Another small suggestion and inspired completely by the excellent Sentinels article in Digital Hero, have some "reserve members". Guys who are either semi-retired or don't want to do the mask thing full time that the Guardians can call on in times of trouble. Working the Crusaders theme off of Manta Man, say they have like Enforcer who couldn't handle the nightmares anymore and is now a semi-retired professional good guy. He does good deeds for those in need...for a price. But he's always there for his old buddies in the Guardians. Maybe a guy/girl or two like that to just add a little weight to the team(s) history wise?

Reserve members. Duh. Excellent idea. I've started building the characters in HDv2, and have a sketchy "Guardian History". I'll include a few more members, maybe one who died in the line of duty.

This campaign assumes superpowers appeared within the last 5-10 years with a possible exponential increase each year, so the super-dudes have lots of elbow room. That idea may change.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Just a note:

For my Centurians project I decided that about 1/4 of the team is free lance, essentialy while they have the com gear and are on the team's rolls there is a "call me when you need me" type mentality, most are just solo hero types instead of semi-retired