The Last Word

Bazza

Methodical, self-important bureaucratic idiots loom higher on my scale of world-threatening evils than random destructive psychopaths. The latter are isolated freaks. The former are a continuous omnipresent sludge that acts to turn the whole world into a soul-destroying morass of soullessness, that operates all the time.

Methodical, self-important bureaucratic idiots loom higher on my scale of world-threatening evils than random destructive psychopaths. The latter are isolated freaks. The former are a continuous omnipresent sludge that acts to turn the whole world into a soul-destroying morass of soullessness, that operates all the time.
Mr. Incredible's boss at the insurance company, and his brethren everywhere, are a far greater threat than Syndrome ever could be.

Well' date=' to the guy who hasn't read much comics since the 1970s, a couple figures I hadn't heard of before. I'd've put Luthor and Doom 1-2, because I find gods boring.[/quote']

I find Thanos interesting and only half interested in Darkseid. And would put Doom ahead of Luthor. And Joker maybe iconic but as a character is stupid.

The Doom vs Luthor debate is a matter of taste. I tend to agree with you in preferring Doom' date=' at least for the versions of those characters that I remember, but in their respective franchise they are both up there.[/quote']

The last part I'd agree with. Also I'm sure this is true or an urban legend (maybe) that Darth Vader was inspired by Doom. Also did Doom show his Machiavellian-ness before Lex? Lex was revamped in the 80s (apparently) as a Machiavellian businessman and just wondering if Doom showed this trait before Lex's revamp?

anyway if both of them teamed up, the world wouldn't know what hit them...