The Last Word

Bazza

Re: The Last Word

Due to the recent Superdraft, I checked the time in my timezone to make sure I had the official time. I even checked my iPod touch at the same time. As per Superdraft rules each round starts at noon EST USA time which is 1:30 am my time. So here I was thinking I had it perfected, I'd wake up by alarm clock just before 1:30 am and make my pick (I drafted Mary Marvel). At exactly 1:30 am I hit 'post' however the board showed my post as 1:29 am -- from my timezone it should have been 1:30 am as per my calculations and preparations. Shortly after my post, Enforcer84 also drafted Mary Marvel; Superdraft commissioner Log-Man ruled my post early ie invalid, and awarded Mary Marvel to E84.

Checking the time from the US atomic clock this morning I discovered that the official time in my timezone is a further 9 seconds fast. Nine measly seconds lost me Mary Marvel. So, not only am I 13.5 hours ahead of USA, I'm a further 9 seconds as well.

so what seems like 6 months, I can finally again post from my main computer rather than use my laptop, ipod touch, but mainly i have been using my iPad for this duration. And today...it just resets itself allowing me to access the Hero Forums again. I'm sure within the last two weeks it still couldn't find the site. So weird beforehand that the one site it couldn't find was the forums, everything else works fine, and now just as suddenly works itself out.

Checking the time from the US atomic clock this morning I discovered that the official time in my timezone is a further 9 seconds fast. Nine measly seconds lost me Mary Marvel. So' date=' not only am I 13.5 hours ahead of USA, I'm a further 9 seconds as well.[/quote']

Hmm. It can't have been the earthquake; 9 seconds is 0.15 of a nautical mile, or 278 meters at the Equator, 240 meters at 30 degrees latitude. Not enough of a shift to carry you that much further ahead. I dunno.

The night was odd. I got a room in a cheap motel, but there wasn't a cheap restaurant for blocks (I was on foot, really leery of driving on that spare). I was filthy (having rolled around the shoulder of I-5 changing a tire on an unfamiliar car). Finally I walked into a dingy bar and had an Oly and a couple of microwaved cheeseburgers. I paid cash and tipped good so I had no trouble, but all the regulars in there gave me a long look.