The Last Word

Bazza

Re: The Last Word

Maybe' date=' but not The Omen.[/quote']

"Good Omens" is not "The Omen." I think... :think:

My favorite part: Things That Don't Work Even After You Hit Them... one of the "extra" 4 bikers of the apocalypse. I'm no psychological archaeologist, but if I had to guess, I'd say that bit was all Terry Pratchett.

"Good Omens" is not "The Omen." I think... :think:

My favorite part: Things That Don't Work Even After You Hit Them... one of the "extra" 4 bikers of the apocalypse. I'm no psychological archaeologist, but if I had to guess, I'd say that bit was all Terry Pratchett.

Is Good Omens a satire or spoof of The Omen?

The book is a comedy and a quasi-parody of the 1976 film The Omen (as well as other books and films of the genre), concerning the birth of the son of Satan, the coming of the End Times and the attempts of the angel Aziraphale and the demon Crowley to avert them, having become accustomed to their comfortable situations in the human world. A subplot features the gathering of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse—War, Famine, Pollution (Pestilence having retired in 1936 following the discovery of penicillin), and Death—the last of whom is characterised in a manner reminiscent of the personification of Death in Pratchett's Discworld novels and calls himself Azrael before his final exit.

Knew I remembered Wikipedia mentioned a connection to Omen. :)