The Last Word

Bazza

Re: The Last Word

Astrology' date=' more likely.[/quote']

Well back then, they were one and the same, some scientists and historians have the heebee-jeebies and make a distinction or just call them astronomers. For instance, how did the Persian Magi find about Jesus? Astronomy gave them the knowledge to plot the course to Israel, astrology gave them its significant (Star of Bethelem).

* wonders if Cancer knows of Luna's Metonic cycle *

Sure do.

Sadly, the chapter from "The Explanatory Supplement to the Astronomical Almanac" about calendars is gone from the Web. Fortunately, I have the book in hard copy, though that makes it harder to share.

I don't think it would have any thing to do with Easter' date=' besides you brought Easter up. :)[/quote']

Actually, it does. Ecclesiastical calendars depend on an adopted canonical (and here I mean "canonical" in the literal sense) implementation of the Metonic cycle, and those set moveable feasts like Easter. Wish I could point you toward Doggett's chapter in the Explanatory Supplement I mentioned above.