The Last Word

Bazza

Re: The Last Word

Depends on your time zone. And your latitude. Latitude-dependent effects on daylit hours increase as you move away from the equator, which gets forgotten by those who live at latitudes less than 40 degrees.

Depends on your time zone. And your latitude. Latitude-dependent effects on daylit hours increase as you move away from the equator' date=' which gets forgotten by those who live at latitudes less than 40 degrees.[/quote']

The biggest problem is that I don't see the sun the entire time I'm at work. There are no windows in the back offices, so, for all I know, there's a tornado and a solar eclipse going on out there.

So light exposure doesn't make much of a difference; apparently I've trained myself to respond to fluorescents.

You'll have a true midnight sun then in a couple of weeks? Are you above or on the arctic circle?
Below. I'm at 63 deg 50 mins north, and the Circle is a couple of hundred miles to the north.

But the next time I see a star will be about the end of july.

The biggest problem is that I don't see the sun the entire time I'm at work. There are no windows in the back offices, so, for all I know, there's a tornado and a solar eclipse going on out there.

So light exposure doesn't make much of a difference; apparently I've trained myself to respond to fluorescents.

That happens here in November - January. Dark when you get work. Dark when you get off work. Cold and rainy and dark on your way to & from.

That happens here in November - January. Dark when you get work. Dark when you get off work. Cold and rainy and dark on your way to & from.

The weather's been pretty nice, when I've seen it. Of course, nice weather translates to no rain, and therefore a rising risk of drought.

Go figure. When I moved here, it rained every day for six months.

Depends on your time zone. And your latitude. Latitude-dependent effects on daylit hours increase as you move away from the equator' date=' which gets forgotten by those who live at latitudes less than 40 degrees.[/quote'] like what?

I'm going from the north of Australia to Europe, what kind of Latitude-dependent effects? should I be worried?