The Last Word

Bazza

Hydrogen is one of the 60 or so elements appearing on Mendeleev's table, yes.

I will often show my students a copy of his table and ask them to identify what's missing.  It takes them a while, but they eventually figure out that none of the noble gases are on Mendeleev's table. 

In Russia, there are historically lots of real deaths with fictitious reasons for them.

Tom Clancy made reference to one such, something like how a controversial person had suddenly died of a brain hemorrhage . . . a 9 mm brain hemorrhage, specifically. 

Re: The Last Word So if L. Marcus gets so depressed he doesn't even want to move, and someone tries to get a rise out of him by stomping on his toes, and one of us gentler sorts (like zornwil) advises against that, is he saying, "Don't you step on our blue Swede's shoes"? :idjit:

I don't know how I missed this the first time around.  (Or how you found it so many years later.)

I don't know how I missed this the first time around.  (Or how you found it so many years later.)

To the latter ... by accident. I discovered this morning that via your profile page you can get to all of your own posts that have been Liked, and some of those seem to have survived the multiple software migrations of the boards.

So find that list of likes and go to the last page of that and you'll find the analogous page for yourself.