The Last Word

Bazza

Re: The Last Word

From what I've seen, there's something to that. There are fewer vet schools than med schools, and a broader range of stuff you have to learn. Having been at places with each, I'm more impressed by the vet crowd. The med people have a higher opinion of themselves, though.

It occurs to me that large-animal medicine probably doesn't pay as well as a doctor with a private practice.

Actually they make more than a small animal vet does. They just have worse hours and have to make house calls. They are also in higher demand since fewer vets go into that practice.

When I picture what the large-animal vet is doing' date=' I imagine it's done in . . . poorer parts of the country.[/quote']

Vets who work the large Horse stables are large animal vets, though it takes a long internship before the pay comes in. Where my niece is going to be practicing Has LOTs of Dairy and Cattle farms, with lots of head per farm. And a lot of Amish who take very good care of their horses.

Amish people have money?

They moved out of Pennsylvania to Indiana where land and everything else is cheaper. So they sold their farms in Penn for a lot more than it costs where they bought. And since they don't have a lot of the expenses other farmers have due to not needing tech stuff and all that maintenance. Yeah, they do.