The Last Word

Bazza

Re: The Last Word

Ronnie James Dio -- was one of the singers of Black Sabbath (the one after Ozzie Osbourne, I think), quit/got fired and started his own band named after himself. Biggest hit (that I know of) -- Holy Diver.

--

Hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm yeah yeah

Holy diver you've been down too long in the midnight sea oh what's becoming of me

Ride the tiger you can see his stripes but you know he's clean oh don't you see what I mean

Gotta get away holy diver yeah

Got shiny diamonds like the eyes of a cat in the black and blue something is coming for you look out

Race for the morning you can hide in the sun 'till you see the light oh we will pray it's all right

Gotta get away get away

Between the velvet lies there's a truth that's hard as steel yeah

The vision never dies life's a never ending wheel say

Holy diver you're the star of the masquerade no need to look so afraid jump jump

Jump on the tiger you can feel his heart but you know he's mean some light can never be seen yeah

Holy diver you've been down too long in the midnight sea oh what's becoming of me no no

Ride the tiger you can see his stripes but you know he's clean oh don't you see what I mean

Gotta get away get away gotta get away get away

Holy diver sole survivor your honour's clean

Holy diver holy diver never cut in the middle comin' after you holy diver

Oh holy diver yeah alright get away get away get away

Holy diver holy diver whoa holy diver hmm hmm hmm hmm

--

No, no-one knows what it's about. Least of all Dio himself, I suspect. :)

Oh, it is. Especially when you have those shipping trucks. Have you ever seen the kind that has two trailers strung together? They swerve sort of randomly.

I get visions of getting pushed off the side of the mountain when they do that.

There's a dang good reason they have "runaway truck" stops. It's basically a slight right off the highway into a hill of soft sand. If you make it far enough, the spikes at the top pop your tires so you can't keep going.

question for cancer: When I was at school we learnt about atoms and was told that electrons orbited around the nucleus. Like the planet Saturn, there are many rings. I believe they are named something like K L M etc.

my question: what is the maximum number of rings/orbits that a nucleus has? and is there any with 7 or 9?

question for cancer: When I was at school we learnt about atoms and was told that electrons orbited around the nucleus. Like the planet Saturn, there are many rings. I believe they are named something like K L M etc.

my question: what is the maximum number of rings/orbits that a nucleus has? and is there any with 7 or 9?

I knew right off the bat what L. Marcus meant about Holy Diver.

Though odd selection for a wedding, IMO.

Though much better than "Welcome to the Jungle", by GnR ;)

And I think Dio had other hits, but checking his greatest hits listing, I just recognized "Rainbow in the Dark". I was probably thinking of some of his Black Sabbath & Rainbow bits.

There's a dang good reason they have "runaway truck" stops. It's basically a slight right off the highway into a hill of soft sand. If you make it far enough' date=' the spikes at the top pop your tires so you can't keep going.[/quote']

There's like 5 or 6 of those on the Lewiston grade, as US 95 descends into the Snake River Valley off the plateau above and to the north. Fun place. :ugly:

Look at the periodic table of elements. The number of rows is the number of "shells", each row being a "shell".

I knew right off the bat what L. Marcus meant about Holy Diver.

Though odd selection for a wedding, IMO.

Though much better than "Welcome to the Jungle", by GnR ;)

And I think Dio had other hits, but checking his greatest hits listing, I just recognized "Rainbow in the Dark". I was probably thinking of some of his Black Sabbath & Rainbow bits.

It's not that odd. Back in the early Eighties, youth in provincial Sweden either listened to Metal or Synth. And up here, there were thirteen metalheads to a dozen. :)

We spent an hour at my brother's wedding, trying to remember the lyrics of Metallica's Fade To Black. :D

There is seven rows, so there must be seven shells.

Interesting. Seven.

Actually, in principle there could be more, but there are no stable nuclei with atomic numbers high enough to show more than 7 shells. So the number 7 is an "accident" resulting from nuclear physics, not atomic structure.