The Last Word

Bazza

Re: The Last Word

The partie's policies are -- in lack of a better word -- recommendations' date=' that you don't have to follow indiscriminately. And, if it comes to that, you can leave your party and still serve in your elected office as a "political savage". :)[/quote']

Hmm.

How often do new parties spring up? Or, how often do the current parties evolve?

Hmm.

How often do new parties spring up? Or, how often do the current parties evolve?

The latest riksdag parties to form were the Christian Democrats (conservative) and the Greens (green), sometime in the seventies (I think). Most other parties formed in the end of the 19th century, though the Social Democrats split into the Social Democrats and the Moscow-friendly Communist party sometime in the thirties (and the Communists have had some schisms on their own afterwards).

There are special interest parties and regional parties, such as Sjukvårdspartiet (the Health Care Party) from my home region of Norrland. And then, of course there's the ubiquitous European foreigner and immigrant hater's party, in Sweden by the name of Sverigedemocraterna (The Swedish Democrats; semi-fascist).

No. When one hits an interesting spectral line ... and for me, those are going to be between 4000 and about 8800, plus a couple of stray outliers ... I'll succumb to temptation and wax didactic.

This one, about the sodium line, was a happy coincidence, because (1) there really are only 4 good sodium lines, and this one is by far the best, (2) the sodium stuff in globular clusters is a little odd, and (3) because last spring I got to referee a paper bearing on the problem.

EDIT: Once we get to 5- and 6-digit numbers an entirely new set of associations, with HD numbers. But that's a long way off.

This is what I remember...well similar.