The Last Word

Bazza

Re: The Last Word

Because of the large Scandinavian immigrant population here' date=' there's lots of nice insults about Swedes (and others).[/quote']

. . . "Flaxheads" is kinda nice.

By that token' date=' all blonde jokes work, too. ;)[/quote']

"What's five blocks long and has an IQ of 57?"

"A Sons of Norway Parade!" :rolleyes:

(I know, you can stick any appropriate ethnic pride group in there, but S o N was how I heard it first.)

This office has no audio output device, and the university office has approx zero privacy where sound is concerned ... one wall has a thin interior door bolted on both sides, which is just about perfectly transparent to sound. So I keep that machine muted at all times.

Stuff I like that people have heard of....

Boston (which I admit has been overplayed)

Early Deep Purple ... e.g. "Machine Head", "Fireball", ...

Much of Pink Floyd's better-known works, "Wish You Were Here" probably I like most

Asia, perhaps, was the last dying gasp from that era/genre.

Of those, I've got the early Deep Purple, specializing in the Mark II line-up. Much prefer In Rock to Fireball or Machine Head.

What singer-songwriters does you wife listen too?

One of my favourites is a British folk-rock singer Sandy Denny. You'd probably know her from her duet with Plant on Led Zep's Battle of Evermore. Her 3 albums with Fairport Convention (What We Did on Our Holidays, Unhalfbricking, Liege & Lief) are particularly notable as it created the genre British folk-rock. Her singer-songwriter solo career is also brilliant, her voice angelic. Both Robert Plant and Pete Townshend has praised her.