amateur champs minis

Redmenace

Re: amateur champs minis

Hey RM ... they look cool' date=' but you can't click on them and view them. Or is it just me?[/quote']

They seemed to work on my Mac and my fiance's pc. Try again if you want and let me know if they don't got to a slightly bigger pic.

Exactly who would be the hardest charater to build using Heroclixs?

Galactic Champs Spoiler... Planet Mechanon at heroclix scale would be hard.

Herculan, depending on how well you sculpt

Istvatha V'han's Dsoldiers

Gargantua

Devistater

Teleios' terrorsaur

Which Peices would anyone use to do Dark Seraph and the other Crowns of Krim?

I'd say rip the wings from Angel.. maybe put them on ArchAngel... dunno bout the head...

That is a tough one, for all the super figures Wiz Kids have put out generic bricks are hard to come by.

I used Hawkman's wings, not quite as flamboyant but they were the only source at the time. The body was a Yu Gi Oh figure of some purple demonoid.

If I was redoing it today I'd probably use Hawk, removing his "cape" and going with somebody elses wings letting green stuff fill in the crown and loin cloth. The New Electro has agood generic bald male head.

Wow! I'll comment late rthis evening when I can stop saying wow. that's quite a collection, the Niteowl was too cool.

That is sweet. I particularly liked:

That Black Cat, that beats Wizkid's hands down

The Confessor, did you do a dial too?

Solar, simple and effective

Firehawk, I don't see Wizkids doing this chr but if they did it wouldn't be any better than that

Deadpool and the Terminator, which shows what a difference a paint job can do

Deadman, really nice, a stand out amongst standouts

The Fatal 5, even Validus, too cool

Steel jack, thug body with a quicksilver head?

Captain Atom, again perfect

wildfire, Matter Eater Lad and Dawnstar becouse I probabbly wont see Wiz Kids make one

Lex Luthor, that is it someone to take on Supes mano e mano

Tyrok, well becouse hes Tyrok

• 3 weeks later...

If you go with another kind of base coat you want Acrylic' date=' enamel is usually to slick to allow other paints to adhere well. Autobody primer, available at most auto parts stores is supposed to work well.[/quote']

Auto primer works well. You want a flat acrylic primer, as Redmenace says. I buy mine at the hardware store, and it works great for my needs. White, black, or gray is all a matter of personal taste, though white is probably easiest to work with. Always use primer, since paint sticks better to it than to bare metal/plastic. :)

There is a great article, its actually two articles by William Keyes, available for free in the digital hero section that covers all the basics very well. I reccomend it.

pt. 1

http://www.herogames.com/digitalHero/Samples/DH12.htm

Pt 2

http://www.herogames.com/digitalHero/Samples/dh14miniatures.htm

I'm blushing. Thanks, Redmenace. The second article has step-by-step color photos which are not part of the free download -- you'll have to buy the issue to see them (which is not a bad thing, since DH always has got really good articles!) :D

Bill.

Not sure if these fit in here, but I have a bunch of old Champions Minis, the photos are out of focus, and I've glued them all on bases since these were taken...

http://photos.yahoo.com/huskerfan98765

Absolutely! Miniatures of superheroes are hard enough to come by (Baring a huge run) for us to cast aspersions on any...that said, those rule. I am so insanely jealous that I have only been able to get Master Control and Binder form the S&S series. I did just manage to pick up a slew of OOP super minis on E-bay, but I never seem to get the S&S stuff. :(

Very nice clean paint jobs BTW! In an update on the mod shop, I lost my mind apparently and have finished prinicipal sculpture on the rest of the Champions, all of Eurostar, and Ankylosaur. Pics to follow as soon as all the painting is done. ;)