Some Basic Entangle Questions

Elbandit

Howdy!

I have some basic entangle questions...

1) I have found in the basic hero book that you can use casual strength to breeak free of an Entangle. Can you use your normal Strength? What type of action does it take to do that?

2) What exactly does the advantage "Entangle takes no Damage from Attacks" mean? Does this mean that a character cannot use his casal STR to escape? How would you get out of such an entangle?

Thanks!

Re: Some Basic Entangle Questions

Howdy!

I have some basic entangle questions...

1) I have found in the basic hero book that you can use casual strength to breeak free of an Entangle. Can you use your normal Strength? What type of action does it take to do that?

2) What exactly does the advantage "Entangle takes no Damage from Attacks" mean? Does this mean that a character cannot use his casal STR to escape? How would you get out of such an entangle?

Thanks!

1) Casual strength is 1/2 your normal strength. Applying it causes no loss of action. If you use your full strength to escape, and you break out by twice the body of the entangle you get a half phase action; if you break out by less than half you loose the whole phase. (As far as I can remember)

2) The Damage advantages (Takes no damage and Both take damage) simulates entangles that don't protect those entangled (like handcuffs) outside attacks (from the target's allies) don't damage the entangle, they damage their ally.

I hope that makes sense.

Re: Some Basic Entangle Questions

Welcome to Hero!

1) Using casual Str is a 0-phase action. The use of normal Str is either a Full or Half Phase action depending on whether you break the entangle or not.

If you merely reduce the entangle to 0 Body you have a Half Phase left, if you do twice the entangle's CURRENT Body then you have a Full Phase. (5th page 283)

2) Takes no Damage means that the entangle does not block damage from incoming attacks against the entangle character nor is it damaged by them. Only attacks which target the entangle do damage to it and these attacks have a -3 Ocv penalty.

Hope this helps and keep the questions coming!