Creepy Pics.

Mightybec

Re: Creepy Pics.

So like I said, I go running, alone, at ten o'clock every night. About 3.5 miles/night so far, I'm working my up. Listening to IT, unabridged. According to Mike Hanlon, IT comes back every 27 years or so. 1985 in the book. Plus twenty-seven years = I'll jog a little faster. Glad I don't live in Maine.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So like I said' date=' I go running, alone, at ten o'clock every night. About 3.5 miles/night so far, I'm working my up. Listening to IT, unabridged. According to Mike Hanlon, IT comes back every 27 years or so. 1985 in the book. Plus twenty-seven years = I'll jog a little faster. Glad I don't live in Maine.[/quote']

Scientists Discover New Cave Spider Species… with Claws!

(Spoiled for arachnophobes)

1AC9C7D1-F12B-0179-DF7FE9529D8EF93D.jpg

Meet Trogloraptor, fearsomeness incarnate. The creature more than lives up to its name—it is, in fact, an eight-legged showcase for scientific novelty. The spider somewhat resembles the brown recluse, famed for its flesh-necrotizing venom—but at four centimeters, Trogloraptor is about twice as large. In fact, this spider is an entirely new critter—just look at those legs, each ends in a curved, scythelike claw. Citizen scientists and arachnologists have uncovered these spiders in the caves of southwestern Oregon and old-growth redwood forests. As they report in ZooKeys, the discovery of Trogloraptor is a taxonomic wonder that establishes a new family, genus and species in the spider family tree.
[link]