The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

I had to report a firearms on campus violation this morning. Not something I've had to do before. But when the guy changing his stuff in/out of the old high-school style locker outside my door has an automatic tucked into his waistband, I may not say anything, but I sure am gonna notice.

Woke up just after 1 this morning and then could not drop off again properly. Up again at 2:30 and then about 4:30. Consequently could not make it into work early.

Now I am feeling tired and my eyes are blurry. Upside is I don't drive so I am not a threat to anyone on the roads.

...That is, until you step in front of their car while walking to your bus stop. :eg:

Dear Mrs. Collie,

For the love of Ceiling Cat, brush your teeth in the morning before you kiss me. I thought one of the cats had dropped a bomb in the litterbox before I realized that horrible smell was your breath.

Does Mrs. Collie read these forums? If so, may I tender my regrets for your imminent demise? :smoke:

Broke a tooth this morning. About 25% of it had to be removed and filled in. The dentist said he didn't see any sign of decay; it just fractured, out of the blue. And now I've sworn off crunchy snacks.

Also, I'll be eating soft food for the next couple of days. Lots of soup on the menu now.

Anesthetic has worn off and now it's just kinda sore. I'm worried about the dental work; one whole side of the tooth is now filled in; if it doesn't hold I'm gonna have to go back to the dentist's office and get it fixed again. It was expensive and painful enough the first time around, thanks very much.

Broke a tooth this morning. About 25% of it had to be removed and filled in. The dentist said he didn't see any sign of decay; it just fractured, out of the blue. And now I've sworn off crunchy snacks.

Also, I'll be eating soft food for the next couple of days. Lots of soup on the menu now.

Anesthetic has worn off and now it's just kinda sore. I'm worried about the dental work; one whole side of the tooth is now filled in; if it doesn't hold I'm gonna have to go back to the dentist's office and get it fixed again. It was expensive and painful enough the first time around, thanks very much.

Been there, done that. Twice. My condolences.

Not so much cranky as bummed. Some of my coworkers are leaving/have left the company. That's nothing new' date=' but I've been working with one of them everyday for almost a year, and I consider her a friend. So I'm sad she's leaving, although I'm glad she's found a better job.[/quote']

For some reason my friend leaving is upsetting me more than it should.

But now that she's no longer a coworker she's fair game. :sneaky:

True. Of course, she is already in a relationship, and she's a lot younger than I am. I also won't have much contact with her in the forseeable future, so that can be a problem.

Edit: Of course, given my track record, it's probably better off for us just to stay friends.

I've been planning to get back into my Krav Maga classes more regularly. Sleeping problems and illness kept me from going regularly. I'm trying to turn that around.

I have been having the same problems. between sick, lack of sleep, son home from school and needing care, etc, I have made 2 sessions a week 3 out of the 6 weeks so far. I hope to go up to three a week to make up for it, but... LIFE HAPPENS. ;)