The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Not For Resale. We're a Cisco reseller and we're trying to buy some lab gear under an NFR discount. The online tool is... involved. But by wasting the time of myself and two engineers for an entire day' date=' we got it figured out. Huzzah.[/quote']

I read somewhere that it should take no more than 2-3 clicks for the user to get anywhere on your website. This would naturally include buying things.

As a consumer of websites, that sounds good to me.

I read somewhere that it should take no more than 2-3 clicks for the user to get anywhere on your website. This would naturally include buying things.

As a consumer of websites, that sounds good to me.

Ideally that's true, but I've seen that philosophy taken too far to the point where each page has a billion links on it. So you do have to take reality into account sometimes.

That said, Cisco could do with a sweeping reorganization of its B2B websites.

I just got a call from a co-worker. Someone broke into both his wife's car and his, and stole basically every tool he owned. He had moved a lot of them out of where he had them stored, but hadn't taken them inside because he was tired. He did not have comprehensive coverage on his vehicles... I wonder if his homeowners would cover?

This poor guy can't buy a break. he has more bad luck than anyone else I know.