The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Yeah, airports, I'm convinced, are more obvious than usual outposts of Hell on our plane (ahem) of existence. It seems everyone has to go there, no one wants to be there, and it always takes more time and costs you more (in both money and stress) than it should.

That goes double for military transport bases. McGuire AFB in New Jersey is one of only two places on Earth I heard my father drop an F-bomb, and the occasion was trying to get transportation out of there that would ultimately get us to our next station in eastern WA.

Sick days are highly sub-optimal, especially when one must burn candles in the room for extra heat. The icing on the cake is making frequent trips to the bathroom past a room where one of the cats has laid one of the stinkiest loads in the litter box it has been my misfortune to smell... even after several hours. I'm ready to call in a hazmat team.

Yeah' date=' airports, I'm convinced, are more obvious than usual outposts of Hell on our plane (ahem) of existence. It seems everyone has to go there, no one wants to be there, and it always takes more time and costs you more (in both money and stress) than it should.[/quote']

For a second there I thought you were talking about church.

Once upon a time, travel was considered glamorous and fun. Hard to believe nowadays.

As if things weren't bad enough already' date=' now my mom went to the hospital because she's not feeling well. I just lost it tonight. I already broke a bunch of stuff around the house, and I'm trying really hard not to do any more damage.[/quote']

Not sure how much my sympathies can help, but you have them.

Once upon a time, travel was considered glamorous and fun. Hard to believe nowadays.

I don't know about glamorous, but I generally have fun when I travel. I don't generally even mind the security floorshow, though I'd be happier if it were a bit more useful. My experiences at SFO have been pretty positive in general. We'll see if that is different in March, but I don't expect that it will be.

Well, it wasn't my mom's heart that was bothering her, thank God. But she's still in a bit of pain and took the day off.

As for my dad, I'm getting conflicting reports. He says he's not doing well. One of my sisters says he's hanging in there.

Edit: And I bought a new phone to replace the one I broke.

I can smile at the Old Days, I was beautiful then.

I remember a time I knew what happiness was. Let the memory live again.

Cats.

One of the few song that I tear up at whenever I hear it. The tune seems to strike something directly in my brain, as it had that effect on me from the first time I heard it, and I heard it as an instrumental before I ever heard the lyrics...

It's okay. I'm still employed' date=' it's just that the fuse isn't as long as I thought.[/quote']

A friend of mine is going through much the same problem: their company lost a re-bid on her contract, which expires at the end of April. She doesn't trust her company as far as she can throw them to get her a new gig, so she's starting the search now. You both have my sympathies.