The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Yep' date=' gotta have a surgery. A bad level for parathyroid hormone is 800 (not sure what the unit is), and I've got 1000 and that's on a pretty stiff medication. Gonna have to spend five days in the hospital.[/quote']

That's a bummer. Did you ask the doctor if an excess of parathyroid hormone will give you super powers? It couldn't hurt to ask, right?

Yep' date=' gotta have a surgery. A bad level for parathyroid hormone is 800 (not sure what the unit is), and I've got 1000 and that's on a pretty stiff medication. Gonna have to spend five days in the hospital.[/quote']

Best of luck, CC. Heal quickly.

Caring for an elderly parent can be such a pain. Sometimes' date=' it's like dealing with a 6 year old.[/quote']

I know the feeling all too well.

AND, to cap things off, I have received notification that I am not up for consideration to on the list for consideration for a kidney transplant, citing my weight, lack of exercise, and depression.

I wonder if it occurred to them that, if I got a transplant, I might not be so depressed anymore?

I have not been this depressed in a long time. Tomorrow we drive seven or eight hours to see my successful brother, his wife with 100 friends and their quiet, well behaved kids. What on Earth could I possibly talk to them about ??? I have no job and no kids.

I might have already ranted about this, I can't recall. If so, move on, nothing to see here.

I go back under the knife next week, to have my parathyroid removed. It's overproducing at a ridunkulous rate. A bad parathyroid hormone (PTH) level is 800. I'm over 1000 on the strongest medicine they can give me. this means that someone is going to cut my neck open, which is unnerving. I'll also have to spend five days in the hospital while they figure out what medicines I'll need to be on and all that crap.

On the upside, once it's out my calcium and phosphate levels will drop dramatically. The first thing I want to do when I get out of the hospital is get a bigass strawberry shake.

I have not been this depressed in a long time. Tomorrow we drive seven or eight hours to see my successful brother' date=' his wife with 100 friends and their quiet, well behaved kids. What on Earth could I possibly talk to them about ??? I have no job and no kids.[/quote']

Figure out what they did before kids and talk to them about that. If they're anything like me, they yearn for the days when they got to, like, see movies and read books and eat out and do all sorts of other devil-may-care freewheeling things. And they'd like to pretend they're not parents for an evening.

Unless they're relatively new, giddy parents, and then you may wind up talking about kids regardless. If that's the case, make up some dreams about having your own kids and talk to them about that. Also ask them all kinds of dumb questions about what it's like to have kids, and pretend to hang on their every expert word.

I go back under the knife next week, to have my parathyroid removed. It's overproducing at a ridunkulous rate. A bad parathyroid hormone (PTH) level is 800. I'm over 1000 on the strongest medicine they can give me. this means that someone is going to cut my neck open, which is unnerving. I'll also have to spend five days in the hospital while they figure out what medicines I'll need to be on and all that crap.

Good luck, CC. We're pulling for you. Hopefully the operation will leave a huge scar and then you can put a bunch of safety pins in your neck just like the Kurgan. Kurgan + strawberry shake = epic win!

Good luck' date=' CC. We're pulling for you. Hopefully the operation will leave a huge scar and then you can put a bunch of safety pins in your neck just like the Kurgan. Kurgan + strawberry shake = epic win![/quote']

My wife's scar isn't too large on her neck.

Her calcium level dropping was good. Meant no more leaching calcium from her bones, and her chronic head aches stopped. Something she dealt with for 30 years.

Saturday about 2PM my car died. Engine stopped working, at freeway speed, on the I-5 express lanes. I coasted to a stop. About 20 minutes later a wandering tow truck operator chanced by and sold me a tow home. The starter will crank the engine, which occasionally putts, but refuses to catch and stay caught. Sigh.

Saturday about 2PM my car died. Engine stopped working' date=' at freeway speed, on the I-5 express lanes. I coasted to a stop. About 20 minutes later a wandering tow truck operator chanced by and sold me a tow home. The starter will crank the engine, which occasionally putts, but refuses to catch and stay caught. Sigh.[/quote']

I had a car issue, too. Fortunately, the car is still running, but it lost power going over the grapevine on the way to L.A. Last time that happened, there was a major problem with the turbocharger, which at the time was covered by the original warranty. The warranty has expired.

I don't know if I should do this, but on behalf of one of the nurses who works that the dialysis clinic ...

Last night, a tornado hit the farm much of her family lives/works on. The silver lining is, the house was relatively untouched. However, the barn was trashed, the grain silos were trashed, and the puppy kennel was trashed.

Silver lining part 2: Of the 80 puppies (licensed kennel and all that), only 1 is confirmed deceased; 2 are missing, 77 alive and well if scared silly.

Oh, and the house has no water, electricity, or other utilities, and someone who lives there just found out she's pregnant.

Remember, it can always get worse.