The cranky thread

Hermit

Guest Skaramine

Re: The cranky thread

CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP!

I was getting pretty painless with the insulin shots in my thigh.

Then tonight, I couldn't push the needle in all the way, then i try to inject, and the needle pops out, the tip cuts a quarter inch of skin, PAINFULLY! and I squirt insulin all over my leg.

Now my left thigh STINGS like a sumbitch, I have a bruise on my stomach where I did the injection

and I smell like insulin.

CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP!

True. Why risk some shrapnel punching holes in your floor?

We had a similar problem several years ago. Someone playing heavy metal loudly in the apartment below us. In the middle of the night.

Kara determined when they slept, went out, bought Debbie Boone's "You Light Up My Life" and started cranking that sucker up loud. It didn't bother her much. She took her hearing aids out. And I was at school.

Three days of that and she never had to play that God awful song again. :)

If it occurs next time, can I suggest: It's a Small World(1), Madonna's Material Girl, Yellow Submarine(2) and We Built This City. ;)

(1) Suggested by Rage

(2) Suggested by L Marcus.

If it occurs next time, can I suggest: It's a Small World(1), Madonna's Material Girl, Yellow Submarine(2) and We Built This City. ;)

(1) Suggested by Rage

We're done with apartment living. We have a house in the suburbs. It's nice to have the yard with active children. :)

If it occurs next time, can I suggest: It's a Small World(1), Madonna's Material Girl, Yellow Submarine(2) and We Built This City.

(1) Suggested by Rage

. . . Didn't Bazza suggest WBTC . . . ?
yes. reread. the footnote for (2) is for Yellow Submarine. :winkgrin:

Our testing network is down for the rest of the week. There is plenty of work to be done, only it is all being done in a remote location, and I was one of the "lucky few" who was selected to remain in this office just so it wasn't abandoned. I am litteraly getting paid to sit on my butt all day. Don't get me wrong, this beats unemployment, but jeeze. Gimme something to do.

Our testing network is down for the rest of the week. There is plenty of work to be done' date=' only it is all being done in a remote location, and I was one of the "lucky few" who was selected to remain in this office just so it wasn't abandoned. I am litteraly getting paid to sit on my butt all day. Don't get me wrong, this beats unemployment, but jeeze. Gimme [b']something[/b] to do.

post here. :)

And after ALL that work I did on White Heat's computer, do you know what the problem was? It was running too hot! We took off the side panel to help, but it didn't. So she took the small fan she had by the side of her desk, put it on the floor and has it blowing directly on the motherboard.

Not a lick of trouble since.

I just wish I'd thought of that one broken desk and a few hundred dollars ago. :mad:

We had a similar problem several years ago. Someone playing heavy metal loudly in the apartment below us. In the middle of the night.

Kara determined when they slept, went out, bought Debbie Boone's "You Light Up My Life" and started cranking that sucker up loud. It didn't bother her much. She took her hearing aids out. And I was at school.

Kara has a streak of evil in her.

So yesterday a friend of mine wants his computer dual booted with Windows & Linux. Me in my unemployement went sure, not doing much anyway.

I hate windows. I got it all working and such, but some of those freaking stupid wizards that they inflict on you annoy the hell out of me. Whole thing took maybe two hours of real work, but there was a couple extra for data copying.

We are the Brotherhood of Evil and we approved of this torture.

And after ALL that work I did on White Heat's computer, do you know what the problem was? It was running too hot! We took off the side panel to help, but it didn't. So she took the small fan she had by the side of her desk, put it on the floor and has it blowing directly on the motherboard.

Not a lick of trouble since.

I just wish I'd thought of that one broken desk and a few hundred dollars ago. :mad:

Yea, the new machine I had was running too hot and that seemed to help, but the power supply died. I think it was the real problem with mine, I think it was underpowered.

Though I got pissed and bought a new case, though I really like the new case and everything runs about 10F cooler. And it's got this nifty plexiglass side so I can see how much cat hair collects. (Not the reason I bought it, it was in the price range, and the others had front panels that annoyed me.)

I hate windows. I got it all working and such' date=' but some of those freaking stupid wizards that they inflict on you annoy the hell out of me. Whole thing took maybe two hours of real work, but there was a couple extra for data copying.[/quote']

It's time to do the Smug Superior Mac User's Dance! :yes: