The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

My job problems continue. This month I'll make a very large amount of money from a nice contract. Next month I'm down to my base contracts again unless something else comes in, and my income drops. This year will be my best total earnings since we came back from Japan, and I still never know how much is coming in and when.

I need a real career.

I'm still cranky because I got the night mixed up and missed Steve Irwin's Funeral. From the brief parts I've seen elsewhere' date=' it must have been a beautiful tribute. I did see Terri Irwin on 20/20 and as I said on that thread, it put my problems in perspective. I hope his Wife and Family can carry on his work.[/quote'] From the excepts I saw from Terri's interview on Australian tv she said she would continue Steve's work (Australia Zoo) and I'm sure that Bindi will follow her father naturalist ways.

So' date=' just out of curiosity, what would the rest of you do if you found yourself married to an unbelievably selfish and callous woman who routinely blew off your entire value system, especially when it came to raising your kids?[/quote']

Call for an annulment, because, unless we're in Massachusetts, it's illegal!

So' date=' just out of curiosity, what would the rest of you do if you found yourself married to an unbelievably selfish and callous woman who routinely blew off your entire value system, especially when it came to raising your kids?[/quote']

Look for a replacement model.

So' date=' just out of curiosity, what would the rest of you do if you found yourself married to an unbelievably selfish and callous woman who routinely blew off your entire value system, especially when it came to raising your kids?[/quote']I'm still married to her. Mainly to protect the kids from her negative influence as much as possible.

I loose again.

I applied for one of three positions within my company. I am of the opinion that I am a perfect fit for these positions. I lost to three co-workers. That is what stings the most. One of them, I do not mind. He pulls his weight. He knows his job, he does it well, he is a team player. The other two do not deserve the promotion.

One can not handle pressure. I can not tell you how many times she 'snapped' and I had to do her job because she was too stressed out. Not to mention she does not know anything outside of her comfort zone.

The other one screws around all day doing extra curricular work instead of doing the less glamorous work that still needs to be done. We have over 30 different clients and he only works one. Instead of learning how to do any of the others, he busies himself making minor tweaks to a database for the one client.

If it were not bad enough loosing out to these smucks, I will now have to pull their weight and do 4X more work. I guess it will not be 4X considering how little Mr. One Client actually does.

I loose again.

I applied for one of three positions within my company. I am of the opinion that I am a perfect fit for these positions. I lost to three co-workers. That is what stings the most. One of them, I do not mind. He pulls his weight. He knows his job, he does it well, he is a team player. The other two do not deserve the promotion.

One can not handle pressure. I can not tell you how many times she 'snapped' and I had to do her job because she was too stressed out. Not to mention she does not know anything outside of her comfort zone.

The other one screws around all day doing extra curricular work instead of doing the less glamorous work that still needs to be done. We have over 30 different clients and he only works one. Instead of learning how to do any of the others, he busies himself making minor tweaks to a database for the one client.

If it were not bad enough loosing out to these smucks, I will now have to pull their weight and do 4X more work. I guess it will not be 4X considering how little Mr. One Client actually does.

If you're loose, tighten it up !!!!!! Sorry you have work woes. Hope things look up soon.

One good thing about being a contractor - I don't have to worry about office politics or getting promotions. I come in, do my job, get the hell out.

On the down side - all the good, competent people I am currently working with on this project are getting themselves better jobs elsewhere. I am worried that their replacements will be complete nimrods. We have had some on this project before, so I know the department has a ready supply :(.

I am cranky because NO ONE wants my bed. :mad:

I have a Queen Bed to find a home for, and I've tried at least half a dozen places including the Salvation Army and the Rescue Mission they referred me to when they said no.

The Rescue Mission said no, we don't come to Voorhees. Another charity used that excuse too, everyone has an excuse.

If no one in my Mom's Family wants it, we put up signs around the Complex. If no one comes forward, then we drag it out to the dumpster.

Really, it's a nice bed. Why do used furniture companies advertise in the Yellow Pages if they are unable or unwilling to do business ??????

We had that problem recently also. We'd had a weird sort of bunk-sofabed in my son's room. Steel frame; fixed twin bed on top; double-sized bed on the bottom which could be flexed into a couch.

The boy's outgrowing the twin, and just didn't want the double, and for floorspace and storage it wasn't a great option any more. (It was really convenient for when Grandma came and visited when he was younger, but that's not true any more.) So when we redid his bedroom in early July while he was at camp we disassembled to the bed and got him a new twin-size with storage drawers underneath.

Took us almost three months to find someone who'd take the bed. It sat in the back of my truck all that time. My wife finally was able to give it away to a poverty-level family we are vaguely acquainted with through school (there's a lot of those with kids at the school my daughter attends). That we could deliver it made the deal. But no agency would take it.

I think there are regs about old mattresses, since that was at least formerly a principal way for vermin-borne disease to get around. I don't understand the problems they have with accepting bed frames, though.