The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

So on his last day at the bank, our departing teller managed to exquisitly mess up 4 transactions that his drawer was over $200 dollars off.

It was a hectic day and he really did most of the work with no complaint because a) it was his last day and B) the new guy sucks like a hoover. We had technical problems and two of our four teller windows were down most of the day. He did really work hard.

But at the end of his last day he had to stay an hour longer while I played CSI: Corvallis on his work.

He managed to merge two transactions, cashing a check twice.

Running a payroll check drawn off of our bank for a non customer for 30 bucks less than it was written for...and still hand out the correct amount of cash...

And he ran a transaction so wrong it wasn't even funny but it had nothing to do with the outage, so the joy I felt for finding this one (first) was crushed by the fact that when we fixed it he was still over the same amount he was before.

Once I found and untangled the merged deposits I was ready to beat him to death with a bag of dimes. I just happened to have one too!.

Inspite of all the crap that went on today, I manged to get everyone to balance, and we got out on time. I was...I must say...very impressed with me. :D

Saturday gave two causes of complaint.

No 1. Power outage. From out of nowhere we lost all power in the district, shops, houses etc lost all their electric. That was nice. I went out and it was back when I got in about 5 hours later

No 2. I have to stay in on Wednesday due to some gas connection thing. No request to book an appointment, no I have to be in as due the people upstairs.

Late notice is so much fun.

This is just a petty annoyance rather than full-on crank-worthy, but anyway, this came in on a "CNN news alert": "-- Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger to be cited for failure to wear a helmet, not having a proper license at time of his June 12 accident."

That's alert-worthy???? Yeah, that ranks up there... :rolleyes:

The City of Asheville has yet to fix the main line of our sewage pipe. This means that the products from all the water pipes in the building are STILL pouring out onto our front lawn. :mad:

However, the stench isn't quite as bad as the small, smouldering fire someone started last night, near enough to the apartment that it was well in our best interests to close all the windows and run the AC.

Choice 1: 5x 8-hour shifts with only Sunday guaranteed off. Random start and end times on my shift.

Choice 2: 4x 10 hour-shifts with three days guaranteeed off. Set start and end time.

Regardless of which schedule option I pick, I will always work Saturdays. :(

I've work 4x10s ... best schedule I ever had.

I found out yesterday that I was supposed to have been offered a three month extension in my current job, along with all the other contractors on the project. But the f-wit Project Director got his finger stuck. Now we're all going to other jobs, and the loss of our collective knowledge and expertise bodes ill for the project. I would have liked to have seen the project through to completion, now that opportunity is denied to me.

Wanna know what makes me cranky? I lie in bed, trying to sleep. I finally doze off and have a stress dream. I wake up only to find I was sleeping less than an hour. I spend another hour trying to get back to sleep. I doze off again and have another stress dream. My sleep this time also lasted less than an hour. This happened about four times last night.

Wanna know what makes me cranky? I lie in bed' date=' trying to sleep. I finally doze off and have a stress dream. I wake up only to find I was sleeping less than an hour. I spend another hour trying to get back to sleep. I doze off again and have another stress dream. My sleep this time also lasted less than an hour. This happened about four times last night.[/quote']

Have you thought about meditating on this problem? :winkgrin:

Okay, there's a nasty little turf war brewing in the office.

I've been working hard: training the new teachers, making sure the bookkeeping is in order, doing damage control, and various odds and ends to make sure the place is running smoothly. No problem. I've been doing it for years. Also, I can use the extra hours, while the directors need the help, so it's a win-win situation. I'm also looking to get promoted, but I think I've earned it. Another senior teacher has been doing the same thing even longer than I have.

This weekend, a coworker complained to the directors about us overstepping our authority and doing the directors' job for them. This is despite the fact that we had the directors' approval. I think she's making a power play here. She likes taking charge in her own department, but she's in our turf right, now, and she's not happy taking her cue from us. So I think she's trying to upstage us.

Of course, it hit the fan today. I was so angry (and I'm still fuming), I wouldn't even acknowledge her today. I'll have it out with her, preferrably when I've cooled down a bit.

Why am I so angry about this? Good question. You see, this person and I were close friends at one point. We even went out a few times. It didn't really go past that a few flirtations. So you can understand why I'm upset over this. Okay, our friendship has deteriorated somewhat over the last few months, but this backstabbing was uncalled for. If there was anything that killed our friendship altogether, this was it.

Sorry if I seem a little incoherent. Like I said, I'm still fuming about it.

Sorry if I seem a little incoherent. Like I said' date=' I'm still fuming about it.[/quote']Don't let it get you down, that's what we're here for.

Wait-a-minute, * checks above sentence * oh I said that. ;):)