The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Grr. Somehow the kitchen sink drain came apart (as I discovered when my feet felt wet as the water started coming through my slippers as I worked at the sink). And I get to try putting it back together. From experience, this is going to be about as much fun as picking gravel out of a scraped knee.

I have just been told I have an important email and Hotmail is down. Now the curiosity will be murder !!!

I must admit I had a momentary pause when reading this to wonder "what does Hotmail being down have to do with an important e-mail?"

Those just aren't two things my brain is willing to associate with each other I guess...

:)

My allergy is getting worse. I have to call the doctor for an appointment first thing tomorrow. That' date=' of course, means more expenses. And I had hoped to bounce back financially this month.[/quote']

You are. Back into the hole.

Things that do not interest my kid in any way shape or form:

- Expensive battery-driven toys.

- Toy keys.

- Baby food.

- Any device created for a teething infant to chew on.

Things that my kid absolutely must play with at all costs:

- Plastic bags.

- Medicine bottles.

- Real keys.

- Remote controls and cell phones.

- This laptop.

- Diapers that are filled with his poop.

Things that do not interest my kid in any way shape or form:

- Expensive battery-driven toys.

- Toy keys.

- Baby food.

- Any device created for a teething infant to chew on.

Things that my kid absolutely must play with at all costs:

- Plastic bags.

- Medicine bottles.

- Real keys.

- Remote controls and cell phones.

- This laptop.

- Diapers that are filled with his poop.

:D:lol: The Old Man can't win.

Why is it that the innocent person who pushes all the paper work for two companies at the same time always seem to be put in the middle of the battles?

Seriously.

We run two companies (three technically, but I have no paperwork to deal with for the 3rd one) out of our office. One of them is a metal fabrication company (PMM), and the other is a powdercoating company (PTP). PMM sends completed metal parts to PTP to paint or silkscreen and then they send them back. I have to invoice for the parts that PMM sends out to it's customer's everyday, as well as invoice for the parts that PMM sends to PTP. However, the girl in shipping/recieving at PTP has a problem making sure that the pack list reflects the correct PO number (not to mention to make sure she's sending the right part for the PO) for the parts we sent them. When I get the packlists from the PMM shipper, I bill directly from them. PTP Is slacking in their duties of seeing that all parts get shipped back to us, or if we short counted and sent less parts than the PO says, they don't let us know to close the PO short. So, I have a folder full of PO's that have 10 or less parts still at the paint shop (supposedly).

I've sent several open PO reports to the paint shop and asked them to let me know which ones I can close short. Have they done that though? No. They make it difficult and when they have a new PO arrive with parts that match an old PO, they ship against the old PO first, which leaves the new PO short pieces. How many times must I send a fracking open PO report to them and ask them to call me with which PO's can be closed short? *eye roll*

And now, I have the PMM shipper frustrated and pi**ed off because the PTP shipper is a bozo and shipping parts against PO's that should have been closed short but still haven't been because I haven't been given the verbal "ok" to do so.

And I am stuck in the middle of it all because I'm the paperwork pusher for both companies. And if they can't get their **** together, I'm gonna suggest they hire someone else to take care of PTP at PTP or I'm gonna quit. Why they haven't already hired a controller to take care of everything down there is crazy to me...as I have a feeling it just comes down to having to pay someone to push paperwork down there. Hello!! Lemme tell ya something...if ya hire someone with accounting experience and knowledge, we'd know exactly what's still open and what should be closed.

GAH!!!